Companion gifts, why give only 1 at the time ? Why not more ?

PiekielnyRysio

Could you make it possible to give more than one companion gift at the time. Now, when cmpanion influence is so big (250 000 if I remember correctly, where it wan 10 000 at the beginning), clicking and clicking companion gifts simply takes too much time, especially when you must give a lot of gits.

My solution:

You place gift in the quickbar, than you CTRL+click at it, and then you ad number of repetition gift will be given, and while companion is given a gift you can go to drink coffe, not to clicking time after time.

Also 250 000 credtis for 6'th grade gift is simply too much, while it is only 3-4 time more effectife than 5'th grade purpl gift.

Their solution was the lower the time it takes to give them gifts in the character perks. It reduces the cast to 1.2 seconds. I doubt they would implement this. I can just see how that would cause more problems. Mainly with the math and people trying to constantly calculate that it gives the right amount.

Plus as a companion earns more levels I could see how that would either get abused or not calculated correctly.

For example a grade 1 companion gift say gives an influence level 1 companion 200 influence from 1 - 5. At 5 it drops to 175, then at 10 125, etc. If someone gives 250 grade 1 at a time to one companion, the system now has to stop and calculate each one, including the levels where it decreases and factor that in as well. That would either greatly slow it down or cause calculation issues and other problems. That's why something like this wouldn't happen. So they lowered the cast time.

For example a grade 1 companion gift say gives an influence level 1 companion 200 influence from 1 - 5. At 5 it drops to 175, then at 10 125, etc. If someone gives 250 grade 1 at a time to one companion, the system now has to stop and calculate each one, including the levels where it decreases and factor that in as well. That would either greatly slow it down or cause calculation issues and other problems. That's why something like this wouldn't happen. So they lowered the cast time.

What you're saying here is basically gibberish. Computers are *good* at math. Better than people, especially at calculating stuff quickly. (Yes, yes, I've heard about the FDIV bug. I even used a PC one time that had it. Doesn't change the point about calculating stuff *quickly*, and this calculation wouldn't be dividing by anything anyway.)

Simple loop: Dropping N gifts means applying the gift's currently-appropriate increase N times.

There's a one-at-a-time thing to slow people down.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.