An idea regarding chapter 9 KOET (SPOILERS!)

lupegaru

Ok, I got another month's subscription because I hate leaving things undone, and where I've left my Jedi knight was fighting Vailyn's spirit. (on Nathema, I chose the option to keep Lord Dramath, but the game glitched and acted as though I set him free, so I've been stuck getting my rear destroyed by Vailyn's spirit since launch of KOET)

Anyway, I decided to try it with my Sith Maurader, and things went smoothly.

When you're fighting Valkorian, and use Vailyn's conditioning on him, there was the option to say something along the lines of 'my mind, my rules', indicating, to me, at least, that since this is all taking place in the Outlander's mind, he can use whatever he deems necessary to win the fight, regardless if it would work in the real world. Since the Outlander is what I would consider to be a highly intelligent person, he would have figured this out at the beginning when he appeared to look like Valkorian, or at least by the time he finished repairing the 5 fractured memories.

Since this is all happening in the Outlander's mind, and he can pull whatever 'trick' he needs to, why was he not able to call on a companion to help him fight Vailyn's spirit? (since it was my mind, my rules, he should've been able to call any companion, even the dead ones.)

Having Lord Dramath makes a huge difference. I still cannot beat her on my commando, just cannot get her in the right place for the huge damage within the green circle. Have beat here with my Consular though solo. All in all its just best to have the comp. Odd that Vaylin is only an elite and not a champion enemy. I can only assume this is so she can be on a higher level. Compared to her the Emperor as a walkover.

As for

"Since this is all happening in the Outlander's mind, and he can pull whatever 'trick' he needs to, why was he not able to call on a companion to help him fight Vailyn's spirit?"

Good point, guess it was only after the fight with Vailyn that the outlander put two and two together and not before.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.