Advanced Prototype Heat Management

weeklymar

Okay, I don't know if its me but i'm having heat management issues with Advanced Prototype. I could just not be paying attention to what abilities i'm using not doing the rotation properly or what. Once I max out my heat I find hard to come back after that.

What am I doing wrong???????

Edited by weeklymar

It is not good. I will assume you understand how the rotation works. Unless your heat bar is below 20%, you want to use rapid shots between every rail shot reset. You will be able to better sync it after a while. If you cross over 40, use 2 rapid shots in succession.

• 2 weeks later...
Also be very careful spamming your AoE abilities. Because of the channeling changes in 5.0, they effectively generate far more heat per unit of time than they used to and with no passives to help directly, you'll heat lock very quickly if you rotate through them all. Use your heat overrides skill or mix in single-target abilities, particularly your rail shot proc. That will help keep your heat under control along with judicious use of Rapid Shots as suggested above.

I have massive heat issues on my Pyrotech that I don't have on my Plasmatech, using the same rotation. It's very weird.

Can I assume you're using the same gear, with or without the 4 piece set bonus? The 3 piece affects energy on shocks trike so if for some reason you aren't using legacy gear and one has the 4 piece that could be an issue.

Can I assume you're using the same gear, with or without the 4 piece set bonus? The 3 piece affects energy on shocks trike so if for some reason you aren't using legacy gear and one has the 4 piece that could be an issue.

Yes, that was the issue. Thanks :)

Edited by Vember