The other Bioware space Opera.

mikedevtill

Nope. Tried to get into Mass Effect, but OMG it's so friggin ugly! How was this game popular?! Could make a decent looking avatar at all?!

For all the yelling you hear from people about graphics, ME has some of the worst aesthetics I've seen in a game!

The default male was okay, when you used high res. I played female for a long time because there you could make some decent looking avatars if you took time and patience to experiment. There were even websites where people shared successful settings.

Anyone else excited?

Not even in the slightest.

If it wasn't for EA at best I'd have a mild curiosity. When Bioware existed for real it told a good story. The problem was that they kept telling the same story over and over. ME:3 happened and then had to rework the ending try to explain why their vision was good and still couldn't. KotFE and KotET were "ok" if you ignore several glaring missteps not to mention an amateurish attempt at drama.

Whatever storytelling skill Bioware had died with the rest of the studio when they sold out.

Then there's EA. In the last quarterly report they gleefully paraded their mobile gaming profits. If you don't think all of their games are going to be infested with predatory gamble boxes you're dead wrong. In fact that's already been announced for ME:A.

So good luck wit dat.

Same for me. This is the first Bioware game that, even with the pre-launch hype ramping up, is just leaving me cold. (They did finally sell me on DA:I when they starting showing a lot of stuff off pre-launch.)

The recent trailer where the main bad guy (apparently) was introduced, reminded me of Galaxy Quest more than anything else. I mean, I love Galaxy Quest, but... The weird thing is, ME actually became my favorite hard...ish (firm?) sci-fi IP. But where they're going with it...no thanks.

The characters look weird (faces and proportions), and it seems to be missing that hard edge of the original Mass Effect spirit. In general, the idea of going to a new galaxy is cool...but in this franchise specifically, it seems like there was so much left to see in the Milky Way that we'll now miss out on forever.

I think it's all the people who have left that make Bioware no longer the studio that it used to be.

If it wasn't for EA at best I'd have a mild curiosity. When Bioware existed for real it told a good story. The problem was that they kept telling the same story over and over. ME:3 happened and then had to rework the ending try to explain why their vision was good and still couldn't. KotFE and KotET were "ok" if you ignore several glaring missteps not to mention an amateurish attempt at drama.

Whatever storytelling skill Bioware had died with the rest of the studio when they sold out.

Exactly why Andromeda has zero appeal for me. After what they did to this game, anything else bearing Bioware's brand just scares me.

Edited by GalacticKegger

......If you don't like this game, why are you on it's forums?
It's about not liking the changes they made to the game. So I'm here to find out if the decision makers actually are listening to the changes we are asking for, or if the talking heads are just stringing us along again. Edited by GalacticKegger

......If you don't like this game, why are you on it's forums?

People who dislike the game just go away quietly. "It's not for me". No rage, no screaming. Maybe a buh-bye. That was me and WoW. After 3-months I just walked away which was somewhat painful because it meant leaving behind a group of folks that I loved gaming with.

Rage is far, far better than apathy because when it gets to the point where the player doesn't care anymore it becomes extremely hard to get them back. While you do need to attract players, assuming that there's an untapped demographic large enough to replace your existing population 2+ times over is about as naive as pushing RNGearing 2.0 as an exciting innovation.

The people you see complaining don't dislike the game. We're letting EA know that we're not happy with the direction they're going. We're letting them know that our friends are walking away without saying a word to them. And we're letting them know that the game has been neglected to the point that the only thing keeping us here are our friends.

If they can screw up the Star Wars IP that badly, why should we trust them to make any other game?

On a personal note: While I'm a big Star Wars fan I'm here because it's the closest thing I've found to a sci-fi WoW clone.

As much as I love the Mass Effect series. ME:A has done nothing for me so far. I know it will look awesome with the Frostbite engine. Other than that there has been no info so far to get me excited for the game. Less than a month from launch and all I hear in the silence is Vette going. Chirp, chirp chirp chirp.

I play the ME3 mulitiplayer with some friends regularly and replayed all three games several times.

But i'm not excited about Andromeda at all.

Looking at how the story in last few BW games was, i expect nothing new. The same old mantra: gather you allies /war efforts, then head into a final battle, where none of these efforts have any real impact, not even in new or really different cut scenes, not even talking about differences with the gameplay.

The story on the way there, probably will be nice though. (Damn you, Mordin you made me cry on Tuchanka) Supposedly we will get the classic forced hero/leader line, there will be great companions, side stories and all, but the the main plot will end in a highly dissapointing way once more.

That was ok for doing it once with ME3, but repeating the same principle with DA:I then and again here too, with both the last two SWTOR expansions (especially KotFE) is just to much. It becomes boring when this principle is repeated too often.

I don't have faith in BW, about being innovative and creating something new there with Andromeda and i just can't get excited about something, i expect to be more or less recycling the exact same idea with only new names and shiny graphics.

Thats ok for games like Fifa but from a BW (Action)RPG i want something more, something fresh. Something unexpected.

Looking at the recent years I don't give them the benefit of the doubt any more and do not preorder any of their games. To often too much hype, that couldn't deliver.

We will see what the game is like, when it is releasesd, maybe it can hook me up then, maybe not.

If they manage to create a multiplayer that is as much or more fun than ME3 though, i will eventually buy the game to play with my a bit more Andromeda enthousiastic friends. Although none of them preordered either, for various reasons.

If it is not, well one day, it will be on sale and hopefully the keep the ME3 Multiplayer servers running ;)

NEVER liked ME, got bored of it after 30 minutes. Always running out of ammunition pissed me off really bad. The dude crazy about a ROBOT, Eva Core, was annoying as heck. Maybe in my youth ME would have been a thrill, but now ..not even close.Way too many cutscenes, way too many things borrowed from ancient single player games.. No, ME does not get my vote, none of its versions.

No, how can I be? Isn't the same writer, who brought us the ME 3 ending, now the creative director of the game?

This will will be the first Bioware game that I have not bought new since I became a fan with Baldurs's Gate 2. I might check it out in year when its price is $9.99.

As much as I hated the original endings to Mass Effect 3, I never quite get all the all hate Mac Walters gets from fans. He may have borne half the responsibility for writing a ****** ending, but that's not the only thing he wrote in the series.

The same fans who bash Walters and ME3's endings are usually the same who wax poetic about Mass Effect 2 being a masterpiece, a game that had Mac Walters as lead writer. He also created Garrus, arguably the most popular of ME's squadmates.

That isn't to say that Walters doesn't deserve some criticism. Just that people go way over the top with it, and the assumption that anything he touches will be automatically bad is more than a little hysterical.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

No, how can I be? Isn't the same writer, who brought us the ME 3 ending, now the creative director of the game?

This will will be the first Bioware game that I have not bought new since I became a fan with Baldurs's Gate 2. I might check it out in year when its price is $9.99.

This is exactly my opinion and my reasoning. To me, BioWare is well and truly dead. The people who made BioWare games worth playing are almost all gone now. The name is still there, but there's nothing underneath but corporate-issued mediocrity. I expect ME:A to just be another DLC and microtransaction-laden, cardboard-porridge-bland, buggy and broken EA excuse for a game just like their other popular franchises.

Edited by AscendingSky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.