Jug VS mara

leadtek

Jugg - DPS: Can actually do quite a bit of damage in pvp but are surprisingly one of the squishier dps classes atm meaning you might not have the livability you would expect. Most people recommend Vengeance for a smoother rotation etc but Rage is also okay.

Jugg - Tank: Jugg tank currently occupies the No.2 spot for tanks in PvP. Assassins are definitely better though. Jugg tanks in DPS gear can put out a pretty nasty amount of damage whilst also having decent protections numbers - if you are going to play Jugg this is what I would recommend.

Mara - Less squishy than the Jugg due to having more options for DCDs.:

-Annihilation has the highest theoretical dps and some small self heals.

-Fury is the more starter friendly spec due to built in cc immunity/extra leap and isn't a slouch for dps with some very good burst.

-Carnage has the highest burst potential and highest potential AOE damage but personally I wouldn't recommend it (other than levelling) as it's the easiest to kite and you lose lots of DPS unless you have near perfect uptime. Fury allows you good uptime with it's abilities and Anni is DoT based so you are punished less for drops in uptime.

Personally I would recommend Mara over Jugg unless you dedicate yourself to being a skank tank.

Edited by Ekoado

Jugg - DPS: Can actually do quite a bit of damage in pvp but are surprisingly one of the squishier dps classes atm meaning you might not have the livability you would expect. Most people recommend Vengeance for a smoother rotation etc but Rage is also okay.

Jugg - Tank: Jugg tank currently occupies the No.2 spot for tanks in PvP. Assassins are definitely better though. Jugg tanks in DPS gear can put out a pretty nasty amount of damage whilst also having decent protections numbers - if you are going to play Jugg this is what I would recommend.

Mara - Less squishy than the Jugg due to having more options for DCDs.:

-Annihilation has the highest theoretical dps and some small self heals.

-Fury is the more starter friendly spec due to built in cc immunity/extra leap and isn't a slouch for dps with some very good burst.

-Carnage has the highest burst potential and highest potential AOE damage but personally I wouldn't recommend it (other than levelling) as it's the easiest to kite and you lose lots of DPS unless you have near perfect uptime. Fury allows you good uptime with it's abilities and Anni is DoT based so you are punished less for drops in uptime.

Personally I would recommend Mara over Jugg unless you dedicate yourself to being a skank tank.

This is a very nice round down, and you deserve a cookie!

The only think I will add, is that while maras certainly are in a better spot atm., they are less forgiven than juggs. In solo ranked especially, you will need be on point with combat stealth to run away and heal up. A mara that forgets this will most likely do worse than a standard dps jugg (in solo ranked).

When people talk about jugg tanks in dps gear

are these juggs using a shield or a focus for offhand?

When people talk about jugg tanks in dps gear

are these juggs using a shield or a focus for offhand?

I use both, depending on if I am attacking or guarding a node. If all that matters is I stay alive to wail on people trying to cap, I use the shield. Otherwise I use the focus.

Since I am not in mitigation gear, the shield is kind of meh anyway.

It's a very *********** easy decision process.

Step 1) Look in the mirror.

Step 2) Say to person in mirror "Am I going to use my taunts, intercedes, peels and guard appropriately when the situation demands it (basically, all the time) even though I am a dps?"

Step 3) If answer is "Yes", skip to step 5. If answer is "No, maybe, kinda, sometimes or dindu nuffins" proceed to step 4.

Step 4) Roll a Mara

Step 5) Roll a Jugg

Edited by Wimbleton

It's a very *********** easy decision process.

Step 1) Look in the mirror.

Step 2) Say to person in mirror "Am I going to use my taunts, intercedes, peels and guard appropriately when the situation demands it (basically, all the time) even though I am a dps?"

Step 3) If answer is "Yes", skip to step 5. If answer is "No, maybe, kinda, sometimes or dindu nuffins" proceed to step 4.

Step 4) Roll a Mara

Step 5) Roll a Jugg

Sums it up really. You get lots of excellent versatile tools as a jugg that you don't as a Mara. If you don't use them you're just playing a low-burst DPS and you would have been better off just rolling Merc.

Conversely Maras are terrifying DPS monsters that aren't nearly as squishy as they first seem, with utilities centered around getting away with it.

Both are super fun classes.

I PVP with 3 Mara one each spec, and 2 tank, 1 "skank" and 2 Vengeance Juggs so I can say with some credibility and with 100% certainty that as far as DPS goes they are just about equal in damage output and utility, each shines in different warzones, some better at huttball maps, other better at taking or defending nodes.

I PVP with 3 Mara one each spec, and 2 tank, 1 "skank" and 2 Vengeance Juggs so I can say with some credibility and with 100% certainty that as far as DPS goes they are just about equal in damage output and utility, each shines in different warzones, some better at huttball maps, other better at taking or defending nodes.

You must really like lightsabers :rak_03:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.