Ranked PVP needs to made more "attractive" than unranked WZ's

oGPerses

It feels almost impossible to actually get into a ranked arena on The Shadowlands, I've literally gotten one since starting to PVP frequently in the last 2-3 months. Unranked WZ's pop all the time, ranked not a chance.

Since most people have started PVPing to continue gearing and so on everyone just sits in unranked games because there is nothing different between the two (aside from the daily/weekly missions but nobody seems to care about those)

I propose making ranked arenas drop more components than unranked wz's. Anything to actually make it worth being on the game.

Three big draw backs to playing ranked in this game are -

1. Toxic troll community

2. Hacking, wintrading and other nonsense.

3. Stupid gearing system

No one takes Ranked pvp seriously in this game and with good reasons. Those top 3 are only the tip of the iceberg, there are many more reasons that I'm sure others can list.

Personally I think number one is the main reason new people don't try it or are turned away from it. Even veteran pvpers get sick of it and won't play.

When you see toxic trolls in gen chat abusing people or ridiculing others it makes you sick. Then 2 hours later you'll see the same idiots pleading for people to queue Ranked.

The only way you'll make Ranked attractive is to fix those top 3, which will never happen. Solo Ranked in this game is a ****. They should just redesignate the solo queue as Arena and remove Arena from the 8 man queue. Then you have two reg queues.

My problem with ranked is the insanely Toxic community. I find it hilarious that people spam all day begging for people to queue up ranked and then are just so toxic to people when they do. That and the fact that the warzones are stale as hell, its boring as hell getting into a WZ with 6/8 classes being the same. I wish after all these years they would add in more classes and move on from the 8v8 to something a little bit bigger.

My problem with ranked is the insanely Toxic community. I find it hilarious that people spam all day begging for people to queue up ranked and then are just so toxic to people when they do. That and the fact that the warzones are stale as hell, its boring as hell getting into a WZ with 6/8 classes being the same. I wish after all these years they would add in more classes and move on from the 8v8 to something a little bit bigger.

Pretty much this ^^^

Pretty much this ^^^

Oh yea, and as a reward Bioware will tell you that u get a bunch of titles, while reward before that always included weapons and armor, this is how i got screwed over in the last season, i figured ill do ranked, there will be a weapons box.... so si suffered through season, and then bam. And of course, the community is just cuddly puppies! :D Iv seen people saying things starting from: "please don't que" or someone got blamed for a loss and a dude wrote: "I hope you die of AIDS"! Adorable, isn't it?

Edited by AlCorazon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.