if someone is shouting door on voidstar

Jensaga

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you need them to specify which door via chat, instead of just looking at your map and seeing which side has no defenders, just go ahead and uninstall the game.

With the new map markers you can have 5 people close together and it will look like 1 person. If you cannot figure out that you need more information than just yelling door you should probably not pvp. Now in some cases it should be obvious that you need help like when its 1 person vs 6 of theirs. But other times the other door may have 4 people defending against 4 others and they may think that it was someone on their side yelling DOOR!.

Edited by HelinCarnate

and you need them to specify which door via chat, instead of just looking at your map and seeing which side has no defenders, just go ahead and uninstall the game.

you assuming to much I think alot people in game cant read or are just stupid, and dont care.

The new mini map "QOL" changes dont help issue makes things worse

Edited by Kyuuu

Or maybe they are shouting to nearby people to hit the person at the door or watch the door? I've never seen anyone say anything other than left or right. I understand the minimap issue but I don't think uninstalling a game is the answer to someone not calling out proper directions Edited by americanaussie

I've never understood why anyone needs door shouted out in voidstart to begin with. If you're not heavily engaged in a fight, you should be considering if the other door is about to be attacked. I never wait for the other person to see and type something out, I assess the situation for myself.

If you are able to draw the fight to the door as defender you're probably stopping them anyway, or slowing them down enough to win the match, unless your team is so bad that they all defend one side and leave only one person on the other door to get globalled by stealthers and/or snipers. Voidstar is much easier as defender in my experience.

Biggest Voidstar mistake for both: bad splits.

Second biggest Voidstar attacker mistake: fighting right at the door (AE spam makes capping too hard). Happens all the time, if the defenders are smart and/or your team is low on ranged.

Second biggest Voidstar defender mistake: getting drawn out from the door. Only happens to bads. The real fight should always happen right at the bomb, with a few DPS making life miserable for the ranged classes that are standing back and shooting defenders.

With the new map markers you can have 5 people close together and it will look like 1 person. If you cannot figure out that you need more information than just yelling door you should probably not pvp. Now in some cases it should be obvious that you need help like when its 1 person vs 6 of theirs. But other times the other door may have 4 people defending against 4 others and they may think that it was someone on their side yelling DOOR!.

you shouldnt have to shout door in the first place because people should be able to watch an objective on their own.

If you as a defender type "help", "inc", or "door" without mentioning the side or the number of incs - or even better: after you died" - just go ahead and play PvE instead

A little bit of conversation at the start would easily solve that - just say tell people what you mean by "right" before the fight starts. Communication is key. Getting angry because they ran to their right when you shouted is schoolboy tactics.

you shouldnt have to shout door in the first place because people should be able to watch an objective on their own.

"shouldn't" , "should"... meh.... with enough of those ops chat is not necessary :p

Anyways, what do you do, exactly, in a situation like that ? You let the other team plant because of these "should" and "shouldn't" or you do everything you can to prevent that ? Like, crazy thought here, very quick and yet clear indications on chat ?

I hope one day they make one doors blue and second red or something. If I call East, people going West, becouse they think about respawn -> ,, Right" not east on map/minimap.

Dumbs everywhere.

I agree with this. half the people will have to open the map to figure out which door is east and which is west. they need a better way to distinguish them.

I think that currently warzones are boring as crap and I do them only to get the currency to upgrade my pve gear (yep, I pvp to pve, thanks bioware).

One of the things that I think needs to change is the GF. I think there should be a restriction on healers. Maximum 1 healer in a 4 man group and max 2 in an 8 man group. There are too many stand offs that don't go anywhere. Part of the tactics in 4v4 is to stay alive till the timer runs out and hope to be the last man standing in the poison. I mean *** is that all about?

Oh and I am a healer myself, I just believe that teams with 3+ healers aren't a positive thing in the pvp game.

Aahh, as a sidenote...can we do that for uprisings as well? I just decline whenever a group has more than 1 healer in it. It just gets boring that way and this GF should just have some restrictions on the group composition. I'd rather wait a bit longer than get a warzone or uprising that I won't enjoy because of the weird group composition.

Since the inception of the GC/CXP fiasco non-pvpers are going into PvP matches for the large amounts of CXP. It's obvious now that you do not amass the 8 medals you need for the full rewards benefit by defending as fast as you do fighting. In Voidstar, even if you put which door in chat you get no help whatsoever. It's the same in other warzones which require defence of particular points. Most people seem to focus on killing other players in random areas rather than actually playing the warzone. It would probably be much more productive for OP and other serious people to create a pre-made of people who can chat via skype chat (or whichever) and want to play the warzone properly (I'm not talking about a guild team here, just random people who want to play the warzone as it should be played). I'd join.

I think that currently warzones are boring as crap and I do them only to get the currency to upgrade my pve gear (yep, I pvp to pve, thanks bioware).

One of the things that I think needs to change is the GF. I think there should be a restriction on healers. Maximum 1 healer in a 4 man group and max 2 in an 8 man group. There are too many stand offs that don't go anywhere. Part of the tactics in 4v4 is to stay alive till the timer runs out and hope to be the last man standing in the poison. I mean *** is that all about?

Oh and I am a healer myself, I just believe that teams with 3+ healers aren't a positive thing in the pvp game.

Aahh, as a sidenote...can we do that for uprisings as well? I just decline whenever a group has more than 1 healer in it. It just gets boring that way and this GF should just have some restrictions on the group composition. I'd rather wait a bit longer than get a warzone or uprising that I won't enjoy because of the weird group composition.

I've been on teams of mostly healers and we didn't win. But on 4v4 I cheer when there's 2 healers and 2 dps vs 1 healer and mercs. Or all mercs. The 2 healer is perfect and here's why:

If you don't have a tank to shield the healer then the other team all aims for the healer. Lowering threat does nothing in pvp. And 4 on 1 take little time to off the healer. The 3 dps can wail on people and they may succeed in killing 1 but then they lose their healer. If it's 3 sentinels vs mercs or another dps healing hybrid class then they are screwed.

2 healers make it easier when one is forced to run around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to escape the other team.

Might as well do the circle chase dance. Healer runs, 4 enemies chase them then 3 dps chase them. I have seen this. Lol

Biggest Voidstar mistake for both: bad splits..

Biggest mistake on all node-based maps.

Thinking you can leave 1 guard on 1 door and 7 on the other is asking for trouble.

AS is getting greedy and going for the 3rd cap. - Take 2 and defend is a winning strategy.

Take 2 and throw away 1 while struggling to get the third usually hands the match to the other side. - unless they're even more incompetent than your team that is.

Good thing no one takes regs that seriously. BTH.

If you as a defender type "help", "inc", or "door" without mentioning the side or the number of incs - or even better: after you died" - just go ahead and play PvE instead

Would you also like the exact AC and Spec of each attacker? Or would you prefer the ONLY guard to try to actually defend? What if is a stealth attacker/ers and is already dealing with it?

Sadly, in voidstar you say left or west according to map and half the people thinks of respawn view.

For general rule in voidstar, i prefer what someone once told before round started: if you outnumber the attackers, you are in the wrong door.

Edited by Balameb