Reached GC Rank 300. No 242s.

mike_carton

This is very much the case of what people should do at 300.

Holding the crates is the best way to go. Save the CXP you get from disentigrating them for 5.2. With the command crate storage so expensive, best to keep them in the crate. If you have decent enough gear now, just don't open them till 5.2.

The goal for anyone at 300 is to stock up as many RNG crates as you can as well as stock up on as many CXP tokens as you can. 5.2 drops, wait for your LS or DS to win and then open it all with CXP bonus buffs active.

Stock up as much CXP as you can to get the 5.2 and better odds at gear.

As I wrote elsewhere, I've been doing this since late Feb. If they didn't increase the CXP required to gain levels, it'd take 499,000 CXP to go from 300 to 400 rank. Curious about what it'll take in terms of crates, disintegration, cxp packs and play time after 5.2 drops to reach 400. It seems almost certain from Musco's post that no one should expect a decent number of 248s from "play the way you want" by the time they reach 400. Ops and PvP combination is the way to go.

And by the way, they've nerfed Uprisings CXP (Fractured particularly hard) and plan to nerf KOTET chapters and more.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the best way to get the CXP tokens? Is it still fractured?

KotFE Chapters 1 and 2 in veteran and master modes are said to have good reward/time as well. If you're at 300 already, then it's more effective to do activities that drop cxp packs and save them. See post #85 in this thread.

As I wrote elsewhere, I've been doing this since late Feb. If they didn't increase the CXP required to gain levels, it'd take 499,000 CXP to go from 300 to 400 rank. Curious about what it'll take in terms of crates, disintegration, cxp packs and play time after 5.2 drops to reach 400. It seems almost certain from Musco's post that no one should expect a decent number of 248s from "play the way you want" by the time they reach 400. Ops and PvP combination is the way to go.

And by the way, they've nerfed Uprisings CXP (Fractured particularly hard) and plan to nerf KOTET chapters and more.

there is no rank 400 the rank stay at 300

I hope, the cxp-rates won't fall to much with 5.2. Since the implementation of Command Tokens, I made ~250 over-300-levels just with GSF and doing ops with my main, so it should not take to long to get some pieces, espacially, if there won't be any greens, and blues will have set-bonuses. However, I already collected 2 storages full of operation cxp packs and it should be 4-5 until 5.2. I'm not sure, if I should trade them in with my main (shadow tank), which is already full 242 or use it on my alt (commando-dps, will be 300 before 5.2 launches). The damage mitigation on tanks is already extremly high and bosses won't die because of fabulous dtps. Also, I'm storaging Unassembled Components, so that I can trade in the pieces with most armor rating at launch day. A DPS/Heal-Spec would also give me some more interesting crafting schematics (due to reengineering 246s) than tank-boxes.

Edited by Exocor

That might be true in a strictly literal sense, but there is such a thing as dinging the rank CXP limit and getting another crate. 100 times after GC rank 300.

Of course, they did announce a tier 4 of 100 ranks. And then changed it to a tier 4 of infinite ranks.

Lost count once I reached 300, butt guesstimating 7 crates a day (which is quite conservative) over 2.5 months in T3, opening around 600 crates of crap, I've gotten 3 242 pieces from crates. Whichever one of the twitch talking heads said this was "fun" was WRONG.

And being forced into PVP to upgrade T2 stuff, even less fun.

Now if there was a NiM ready group that needed a flipping awesome RDPS, I might start having fun again.

the CXP system is a major fail and the tier 4 will not fix this yeah you may get better drop from tier 1-3 but tier 4 crates will be full of crap too. I understand than blue tier 4 will be better than legendary tier 3 but good luck getting anything better than blue knowing bioware the drop rate for legendary tier 4 willl be 0.02 % Edited by scardera

As someone who consistently receives things they already have or don't even want, adding another Tier is irrelevant to my interests and borderline insulting. There's a reason I'm only CR 40-something: I just don't care. There's absolutely no new content that requires me to obtain anything specific from these crates, and I feel especially bad for those PvPers and dedicated raiders who have to obtain new gear just to do the same thing they've been doing for years. Maybe in April, that new Ops boss might require Tier 3 gear in story mode?

I just want to be able to set a goal for all items, be it stat gear, fashion, pets, or misc. items such as Companion Gifts, etc. and play the game for it... not play the game for a chance for it. I'm not from a culture that's influenced heavily by the concept of luck, but a more task-driven culture of identifying a goal, making a plan, and executing it. Rarely do my best laid plans rely on random things I can't control.

On a good day, opening a Command Crate feels like my lotto ticket won 12 cents and 30% of another lotto ticket, which in turn won 37% of another lotto ticket, and so on. That's my Thrill of the Hunt™.

Edited by Edyn

Now if there was a NiM ready group that needed a flipping awesome RDPS, I might start having fun again.

Come 5.2, I'd really like to find a progression group that regularly does HM and tries NiM. Only fast way to finish up gearing. The PvP upgrades from T3 to T4 gear can only be done reasonably for a few pieces (say the Mainhand)

Edited by mike_carton

I reached GC rank 300 two days ago without having received any 242 armor piece. I have not been able to bring myself to play the game since then. The subscription is ending in 4 days and I'm conflicted about renewing. While I will likely do so at the last minute, it will only be because I like the Star Wars IP.

But this post is not about that. It is about the idea that Galactic Command is the primary means of gearing. It is about the argument that PvP and Ops are supplementary means that can be useful in filling specific gaps in gear. These statements will only make sense if one is able to actually gear oneself through the Galactic Command system. If I received say 10 pieces, I could try to do Ops to get the Tier 1 or Tier 2 unassembled gear and use the unassembled components from doing some PvP to upgrade them. This'd require some serious PvP, but at least it is doable; the required Command Tokens from the Command Crates would not be a problem either. But if I have to get all 14 pieces from Ops and PvP, that means the Galactic Command is just a waste of time after rank 101 (You need 615 command tokens at most to get Tier 3 gear, which you'll receive by rank 101.) Getting all gear using only unassembled components requires over 6,000 of them; even if one got all gear pieces at 236 rating from HM Ops, upgrading them to 242 will still require nearly 3,000 unassembled components. Neither is a realistic option for most players; certainly not for me. Much of this has been discussed in other posts.

The biggest fallout is how demotivating and demoralizing this whole enterprise is.

Just received my 110th tier 3 command crate. And after 110, only 2 item level 242 gear items received. 1 relic and 1 implant. F'ing pathetic system. Thanks for a great gearing system Bioware. What a joy.

I reached GC rank 300 two days ago without having received any 242 armor piece.

Did you equip the best non set bonus gear as you went? I'm checking on a hypothesis...

I admit it's only just my intuitive read on how GC works, but it seems to me that it gives you gear at least somewhat based on the gear you currently have equipped. So if this is correct, to maximize your chance for 242 set pieces, you'd want to be in at least full 240 crafted asap at the start of tier 3.

For my alts now, I'm putting them in full 230 crafted right from the start of GC and they seem to be getting more 230 set pieces because of that. Whereas at first, as I was leveling them with GSF so I had them in weak leveling gear from around level 30-50ish and it felt like I was getting a lot of 228 gear from the crates to start with. I mean like I said, I'm aware it's just my intuitive read here and it's rng so who knows.