Galactic Legends Pack

Iyzel

So hi,

I just bought some CC to buy a Galactic Legends pack. Now you see I wanted the Revan Reborn set, though I figured out it was a looooooooooooong shot. Nonetheless I thought to myself: hey you know I might get some nice sets even without it so let's try it. And so I did. But then I got Vintage Republic Military Set. The 1st few moments I was unsure of what happened. I mean it's a pretty bad set aand even so it's sort of worthless but is it a bug?

RETURNING PACK: Galactic Legends Cartel Pack – 750 Cartel Coins

Legendary gear inspired by some of the Old Republic’s most iconic heroes and villains! Back for one week ONLY, the return of the Galactic Legends Pack is sure to be the talk of the galaxy.

In the advertisement it says Most Iconic Heroes and Villiains. I certainly didn't expect it to contain sets from a random republic grunt. Now if you play MMO's like I do, you realize that there are always these gambling ways where you can lose out a lot and you learn to sort of take it in the chin and move on. But I can't help but feel a bit scammed, somewhat. Now my question is: Is this a bug? And if it's not what are these ppl thinking putting that worthless set into a pack that you advertise to contain " Legendary gear inspired by the most iconic heroes and villains!?" ?????

Nope, the system is Working as Intended™. What you just witnessed is the Excitement™ of The Thrill™ in action.

:rak_03:

In all seriousness, what you dabbled in is typical gambling from the cash shop. You fooled with the RNGesus and got trash. You should expect that from virtually all cartel packs you open.

Edited by Talon_strikes

Honestly, people who buy this crap don't deserve better.

This is a general message, not really aimed at you and making fun of you. Still sorry you didn't get what you want but what the hell did you think in the first place? Seriously, the cartel market is somewhat like Apple, you get max mediocre trash for who_re prices and it lives from stupid customers like Apple, that's about it.

Edited by Khaleg

Honestly, people who buy this crap don't deserve better.

This is a general message, not really aimed at you and making fun of you. Still sorry you didn't get what you want but what the hell did you think in the first place? Seriously, the cartel market is somewhat like Apple, you get max mediocre trash for who_re prices and it lives from stupid customers like Apple, that's about it.

Sadly the OP fell for a marketing ploy.

Nope, the system is Working as Intended™. What you just witnessed is the Excitement™ of The Thrill™ in action.

:rak_03:

In all seriousness, what you dabbled in is typical gambling from the cash shop. You fooled with the RNGesus and got trash. You should expect that from virtually all cartel packs you open.

Coming Soon

the real question is if you enjoyed the pack opening experience. if not, let them know so that they could make it better for you and everyone else. i know i get excited when i see cubes fly into a luminous display of happiness leaving me with yet another prized relic from a galaxy far far away.

Sadly the OP fell for a marketing ploy.

Caveat emptor ALWAYS applies, both in real life and inside digital games. People that simply refuse to embrace this are subject to self inflicted buyers remorse.

To the OP..... the proper way to get your needs met is to simply buy the CM content you desire from another player either directly in game or via the GTN. Lack the credits? They you can use those CCs you purchase or were granted to buy CM items that are in demand and resell them in game for credits via the GTN. ;)

The CM content, particularly the Cartel Packs are neither good nor evil... they are simply commerce at the descretion of the player. Some people enjoy opening packs, and taking their chances. Others want certainty for their efforts. It is incumbent on the player to follow the path that best fits their personal needs. The studio chose to make CM content freely tradeable between players .... and that is a win for everyone.

Personally, I buy all my CM contents off the GTN from other players. Always have, always will. It's a win win.... as I get exactly what I want/need, and the other player gets the credits that they want/need.

Edited by Andryah

the real question is if you enjoyed the pack opening experience. if not, let them know so that they could make it better for you and everyone else. i know i get excited when i see cubes fly into a luminous display of happiness leaving me with yet another prized relic from a galaxy far far away.

And they took out the trumpets and made the experience shortly. I hated it when they did that.....

Unfortunately we are dealing with an American company and from what I hear protection against false advertisement is nonexistent there. Nothing you can do

This comes up with my soccer moms. Most companies hide behind the "At your own risk" and "we reserve the right to make changes" clauses in their fine print if they go to trial. One of the reasons why we suggest to them that they try and make any such beef public and get the media involved. Many companies would rather not deal with bad press.

Edited by dr_mike

Wow lots of replys, yeah I guess you guys I right I should've informed myself better. Still if this is no bug imho the Republic VIntage Set had no place in the Galactic Legends Pack, it's simply idiotic. But w/e. I had some cash lying around that I didn't really use so it wasn't a big loss for me, just somewhat dissapointed in it you know?

Wow lots of replys, yeah I guess you guys I right I should've informed myself better. Still if this is no bug imho the Republic VIntage Set had no place in the Galactic Legends Pack, it's simply idiotic. But w/e. I had some cash lying around that I didn't really use so it wasn't a big loss for me, just somewhat dissapointed in it you know?

Thing you need to keep in mind is... there ARE players that crave anything "vintage" in SWTOR as it harkens back to Kotor series for them. I personally don't like the set either, but that does not mean it is "idiotic" or that it is not valued by other players.

And by the same token, there are players that think what you, or me, or Joe Somebody crave is of no use to them and "idiotic" too. ;)

Next time just sell the packs for credits and use the credits to purchase what you actually want from some other player via GTN. It may look daunting if the item(s) are expensive in credits... but it is still a more successful approach then a random pack opening series of attempts.

Edited by Andryah

I don't think anyone should have to go to another site to see what's in those packs.

Like the OP said, the description is, outfits inspired by the most iconic heroes and villains of the old republic.

This doesn't mean the OP would get the outfit he wanted, but the wording itself says iconic and typical outfit for all soldiers isn't not iconic (unless it's original trilogy storm trooper armor :p)

I don't think anyone should have to go to another site to see what's in those packs.

While this is true, by hiding what you might end up with they can keep you guessing and potentially spending more money. Like the above poster I went and saw what I could get, and I realized that of the possible 22 sets, only 6 were of any interest to me, thus my chances of getting something I wanted were lower then I liked so I didn't buy any packs.

While this is true, by hiding what you might end up with they can keep you guessing and potentially spending more money. Like the above poster I went and saw what I could get, and I realized that of the possible 22 sets, only 6 were of any interest to me, thus my chances of getting something I wanted were lower then I liked so I didn't buy any packs.

I did the same. Went to Dulfy I believe it was. However, maybe they should describe the pack differently. As the OP said, there are some non legendary outfits in there.

OP, if you had done a little bit of research you would have found out the possible drops from that pack. Don't blame BW.

http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/acquired/cartel-market/packs/galactic-legends/

Thank you for that link. I was actually thinking of grabbing a few off the gtn, in the long shot I would get a revan set or something just as cool. but I have most of those sets unlocked, and the ones I dont, I dont want. Really, the only sets id want are the revan ones, and with how crappy rng is, I think I will pass and just swoop on revan items on gtn.

I was browsing randomly on Dulfy's last weekend (or whenever it was) and saw the entry about the GLP. Had a look at it for no particular reason and immediately stumbled upon the Vintage Republic set, thinking something which would be blanked out with four stars here.

I can only imagine what I would have thought if I would have bought a GLP and would have gotten this set without knowing it would be part of the pack. It's definitely nothing I would have expected, although, depending on how you read "Galactic Legends", it can have its place in a GLP. But one shouldn't have to have studied linguistics in order to understand those packs.

Here are the rules when it comes to any packs, supercrates or hypercrates.

1. Don't open them after you buy them.
  2. Sell unopened packs, supercrates and hypercrates on the GTN.
  3. Use the credits earned to buy the specific armor, mount, weapon, etc you want off the GTN.
  4. Go back and read rules 1, 2 and 3.

Edited by Nightblazer

Here are the rules when it comes to any packs, supercrates or hypercrates.

1. Don't open them after you buy them.
  2. Sell unopened packs, supercrates and hypercrates on the GTN.
  3. Use the credits earned to buy the specific armor, mount, weapon, etc you want off the GTN.
  4. Go back and read rules 1, 2 and 3.

That is exactly what I do. I buy one pack with my coins each month and sell it on gtn. Use rest of coins for unlocks etc. Then use credits I make to buy gear I want. Totally remove rng from my gameplaying style....well, not totally. Command crates are still insane, but its whatever at this point.

I actually do feel bad for the OP, as I know and hate that feeling; however, this is exactly why I've never bought one cash market pack in this game or in any other game I've ever played. If people would just stop enabling this garbage (gambling w/ RL cash for a chance at content vs. experiencing all content via subscription), Galactic Command might not have ever seen the light of day.

Maybe, some time in the distant future, we might be able to resist pulling the lever on a *********** slot machine and just experience a full MMO via subscription... you know, like the good old days...

Edited by Edyn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.