Unassembled components for playing content other than PVP

PallyHk

Please let us casual players who don't want to do operations and pvp get their components from other content.

Heroic missions, Flashpoints, Uprisings, are all good candidates for unassembled components. This would keep casual players subscribed.

It's not a popular opinion with many people, yet I agree something has to be done for the more casual/solo players to help sort out the RNG mess of Galactic Command, raiders and PvP players can choose their gear, plus get supplements from GC, yet casual players are at the complete mercy of the Random Goddess in fact without resorting to GTN the highest readily available gear (that you can choose yourself) is the 210 vendor on the fleet.

I also made a suggestion along with another player on this forums about granting unassembled components when disintegrating gear from GC as even with failed luck you gain something other than cxp for another go at trying to get lucky as you can start saving for specific gear just like raiders and PvP players can.

• 1 month later...

PvE is not PvP and vice versa - FACT!

They're completely different and completely separate - COMPLETELY! - separate instances, separate game style, separate player base, separate mindset.

End game gear drops from operations bosses. This is a PvE environment.

So, my question is, why would you (the developers, the bean counters, the lady in the canteen, the fricken janitor - whoever it is there that makes these decisions) think that it is a good idea to FORCE people to do PvP as the only option to get the gear they won in an RNG roll from a PvE operation?

IMO, this would be no different to me getting paid with a cheque for doing my job in my relatively safe country, but then having to go to war-torn Middle East as the ONLY option to cash it!

You wouldn't do it! Nobody would! So don't force me to play a game style I don't enjoy to get the gear I won in a game style I do enjoy!

Edited by JulesKor

Sorry, but I don't agree. I think if they did that, it'd hurt PvP and GSF. We've gotten an influx of people in both that weren't there until they added the components to both. Some don't really care for either but still play just to earn the components.

Now, I wouldn't be opposed to the thought of Veteran and Master mode FP final bosses having a set piece token as a random drop. Perhaps the 230's could be the random drop for Veteran and 234's could be the random for the Master mode. This would help keep more casual players who absolutely refuse to play PvP, GSF, and Ops subbed.

Is there something else other than gear that can be purchased with components?

The gear, you don't need it if you don't do group content or harder difficulties of chapters. So, you do harder difficulties? Then it doesn't take too long to get to tier 2 and tier 3.

Edited by Halinalle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.