FPS and Texture Issues with new Computer

Brandogiscool

I recently got a new Computer, but the I'm having some texture and FPS issues. Whenever I move the textures really start to get bad and I have some major FPS issues during cut scenes and combat. One second the textures will look normal and then it looks horrible and then the next second it's fine again. On my previous computer I would only have problem when my internet slipped. Since I got a new computer I figured my quality would stay the same or get better. I should note that the computer is for college not gaming so I don't expect amazing quality. I was wondering if there is anything thing I can alter with the settings on my computer to improve the FPS and texture issues.

Specs

Intel® Core i5-7200U CPU@ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz

RAM-12.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

Thanks

Intel® Core i5-7200U CPU@ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz

RAM-12.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

May be helpful if you mention what video card you're running.

I know with some computers and laptops, you;re provided with two video cards. In my case I;ve got a Intel HD Graphics 5500 on the mother board for standard usage with a NVIDIA GeForce 940M for game play. May want to check to make sure, if you also have 2 cards, you;re running the game on the better and faster card.

And just to double check, make sure your install is all right.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.