Hatred balance suggestions

TheLadySeydlitz

So, as 5.x currently stands, Deception and Darkness are in a good place, but poor old Hatred is lagging behind a touch. Thus, I'd like to see what people think could be done to improve it. I'll throw out a few ideas, but I should point out I'm not an expert on the class by any stretch of imagination, though I like to think I'm decent with it.

To start, damage output. Having looked through quite a few of my own combat logs in Star Parse, and after looking at some on Parsely as well, two things stand out to me which I'd like to see improved. Those being the amount of overall damage contributed by Discharge's DoT and also Leeching Strike. As a DoT spec, our DoT's should make up a large chunk of our damage, and they do, in the case of Creeping Terror and Eradicate, but Discharge sits behind those two by a fair margin, so I think a damage buff of some description might be worthwhile. Perhaps even an increase in tick rate, which at the moment feels a bit slow to me, on both Discharge and Creeping Terror, but maybe that's just my imagination. As for Leeching Strike, which tends to sit right behind near everything else, I'd like to a see a damage increase and a cooldown reduction, allowing us to get some more use out of what is a core class ability and reduce the number of filler Thrash's a bit.

Also, as sort of an indirect dps increase, I'd suggest reducing the force costs of Discharge/Creeping Terror/Death Field/Leeching Strike/Assassinate ever so slightly, allowing the use of a few less Saber Strikes in favour of something harder hitting. Also also, I'd suggest buffing Bloodletting slightly, allowing the use of a few more Assassinate's.

Also also also, and this is totally unnecessary, I'd like for Eradicate's DoT to be spreadable with Lacerate like CT and Discharge as well. Pretty sure that would push our already strong AoE straight through the roof, but eh, I think it'd be cool.

Survivability is the other area that might be worth looking into. Losing the 30% AoE dmg reduction in 5.1 certainly hasn't helped us, and I'd very much like to see it come back. Failing that though, I wouldn't mind seeing a small buff to our self heals. Mostly just the DoT heals, as Leeching Strike already restores a decent amount, especially if it crits.

Alternatively, seeing as self healing is kind of a Hatred thing, perhaps we could have a cd reduction and/or healing increase to Overcharge Saber.

Need to be careful about not going overboard with any self heal buffs, as healing is ultimately the healers job, of course.

I like your suggestions.

The loss of 30% aoe reduction is a real problem. Hatred needs to be in the center of AoE to spred dots, but we have less reduction than other specs that are better for 1v1.

Force management after the double stance fix is also a problem.

So, what hatred needs:

* 30% extra AoE reduction in some passive.

* A little reduction on force cost.

* Spread Eradicate and shorter CD

* Add Defensive cooldownS. Really, we suck in this department.

My suggestions:

• Dot damage increase armor rating and defense chance by 1% for 5 secs. Increase by 1 per sec and cap at 5%.
  • Reduce AOE taunt CD through one of the skills to 35 secs (down from 45).
  • Increase damage of Eradicate by 15% and increase its range to 30 meters.
  • Increase death field range to 30 meters.
  • Increase damage of discharge by 10%.
  • Assassinate rate proc to 12 secs down from 15 secs.

Edited by Ottoattack

*increase dmg of discharge

*increase dmg of eradicate and increase its range back to 30m (u have to proc it with a melee attack anyways)

*increase DoT-Selfheals ... ... ...

*put the damn spread back on deathfield i cant see this lacarate spam (dont increase the range)

spreadable eradicate would be op af and is ****.

Anyone got a good rotation for PvE Hatred? Is it the same as 4.x? I am having serious force problems

Just going off the top of my head here, but it sounds like you might need to use Saber Strike more often. Hatred has some ok force regen from using melee attacks, but our force attacks, Death Field in particular, chew up force points quickly. I think the 4.0 Hatred guide said this, but you should try to use Saber Strike proactively rather than reactively, which generally means you want to throw one or two in when you start getting below about 30-40% force points, or when you've got a use of Death Field plus DoT application coming up, as that tends to be quite expensive.

I don't use a set rotation per se, I tend to think in terms of priority, but, opening from range, I like to go:

Creeping Terror > Phantom Stride > Discharge > Recklessness > Eradicate > Death Field > Assassinate/Leeching Strike, and then start using Thrash/Saber Strike till DoT's need to be re-applied & other stuff is proc'd or off cooldown.

Basically, I prioritize DoT's/Eradicate/Death Field/Leeching Strike/Assassinate, then use either Thrash or Saber Strike, depending on force, in between.

Some good suggestions from people in the thread, though I dunno about the range increase of Erad/DF to 30m.

Wouldn't that just turn us into Madness?

Not really. We used to have a 30m DF pre 3.1 and it was just really nice for PvP to stop caps and whatnot.

Other than that.. long range DF doesn't really have a function anymore (it used to also be the dotspread ability).

It's more of a QoL thing where I don't see anyone could have any objections to.

Yeah i agree with evolixe - a 30m DF wouldnt be a Problem atm, it would just make trouble if it would become a dotspread ability again (what id rly LOVE but then keep 10m range).

Also a 30m eradicate wouldnt feel like a madness sorc cause, as i said, u have to use a melee ability to get the proc.

Edited by CraigOnXD

Just going off the top of my head here, but it sounds like you might need to use Saber Strike more often. Hatred has some ok force regen from using melee attacks, but our force attacks, Death Field in particular, chew up force points quickly. I think the 4.0 Hatred guide said this, but you should try to use Saber Strike proactively rather than reactively, which generally means you want to throw one or two in when you start getting below about 30-40% force points, or when you've got a use of Death Field plus DoT application coming up, as that tends to be quite expensive.

I don't use a set rotation per se, I tend to think in terms of priority, but, opening from range, I like to go:

Creeping Terror > Phantom Stride > Discharge > Recklessness > Eradicate > Death Field > Assassinate/Leeching Strike, and then start using Thrash/Saber Strike till DoT's need to be re-applied & other stuff is proc'd or off cooldown.

Basically, I prioritize DoT's/Eradicate/Death Field/Leeching Strike/Assassinate, then use either Thrash or Saber Strike, depending on force, in between.

Some good suggestions from people in the thread, though I dunno about the range increase of Erad/DF to 30m.

Wouldn't that just turn us into Madness?

Thanks for the help regardless. I will try being more proactive with my saber strike. I also am trying a high power build now as that seems to help DPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.