White Acute Module

AnnaEliz

Hello!

I read about this item and I'm wondering why it's not possible to have an item like this in the game permanently. I played back during launch and never got to max level. I feel like I'm just one-hitting everything because I'm always at the max scaled-down level for each planet, even with only doing story missions. Leave the accelerated XP for those who want it and let people like me level at a slower pace. I understand the reasoning for it, but I also don't see why it's impossible to let me slow my xp rate down either. The 1-50 content is amazing and I'd like to experience it somewhat close to the same pace it was at launch. I miss MMOs with a leveling process that meant something and SWTOR did this very well back in the day.

I know from reading topics on this issue from 2011 up to now people are going to be upset with me. I just want the option. That's all.

Edited by AnnaEliz

Same here , i created a post too asking for the acute module to be available for those , like us , who want to level up normally and don't want to rush in 8 hours a character that would take 4 months to end .

And i will be really angry as someone who is subbed and play all the time , that , with this new MONTH of 250% XP boost , that we could not have also a option to shut it down .

I believe it was removed because the Level Sync system added in 4.0 keeps players at roughly the same level as the planet they're on, so you don't have to worry about wildly out-leveling the content as you go anymore, even if you're earning XP / levels at an insane rate.

I just came to the forums to ask about the same very thing. Even though I understand that with level sync it must not be an issue, but if I hit max level by the time I'm done with Alderaan I just lose all the motivation to continue. Please let us to avoid getting extra XP.

I believe it was removed because the Level Sync system added in 4.0 keeps players at roughly the same level as the planet they're on, so you don't have to worry about wildly out-leveling the content as you go anymore, even if you're earning XP / levels at an insane rate.

That's the theory. In practice it's an abject failure. There are two problems.

Austin chose to sync down to the planet's former maximum which is typically two levels higher than the highest mission and mob level. That needs to be dialed back. Worse the sync level is set on a planetary basis so if you arrive beyond cap you're already six levels over that planet's early missions and mobs. A better fix would be to adjust level sync on a regional basis. This would also fix many of the end-story fights that have been trivialized.

The more serious problem is skill unlocks. Level sync doesn't remove abilities. Overlevelled characters have a much larger toolbox that can trivialize even a tough fight.

So no, level sync does not make the White Acute module obsolete.

Edited by PlasmaJohn

The more serious problem is skill unlocks. Level sync doesn't remove abilities. Overlevelled characters have a much larger toolbox that can trivialize even a tough fight.

So no, level sync does not make the White Acute module obsolete.

Then don't use them. Don't put the skill points in, and opt not to use the extra abilities you earn. Your playstyle is in your control.

Obviously you can't do this with passive abilities, but they're not going to affect much of anything. Ultimately all they'll affect is your mental perception of how you're playing.

There are ways for players to purposefully gimp themselves to play it like it was in ye olden days without them having to patch in an item, or change everything and cause grief for those who would really hate to play that way.

Edited by Fygee

people complain that there's not enough content in the game

the fact is, there is a load of content.

but bioware encourage people to skip all the content by putting these events on

then wonder why people dont hang about when they get to max lvl run out of things

people are skipping past most of the game

xp boosts should be

a. optional

b. unlocked after you've played at least one class story and all the expansion stories right through

This would also fix many of the end-story fights that have been trivialized.

You'd be shocked at how little effect that would have. Most of the OP-ness of players in those fights comes from high level characters having big presence bonuses, big alacrity and Crit%/CritMult bonuses, and a high-level companion (my DvL Trooper got Aric to rank 40 by the end of KotFE Chapter XII, most of which was done before KotFE, since you only get him back in Chapter XI, and you don't see him hardly at all in Chapter XII). And all the abilities of a high-level character. And probably some power creep in those abilities anyway.

...I read about this item and I'm wondering why it's not possible to have an item like this in the game permanently...

Because it would be exploitable. You could just stop at the highest level of mid PvP bracket and wreck everyone without ever getting to next one, or have character intentionaly stuck at lvl 64ish for grinding heroics (lvl 60-64 gets two crates for each heroic).

Then don't use them. Don't put the skill points in, and opt not to use the extra abilities you earn. Your playstyle is in your control.

Thanks to auto-training that's not possible. But guess what? Doesn't affect me in the slightest. Levelling has lost it's charm for me. The faster I can get it over with the happier I am. Be even though it's not how I like to play I understand that other people aren't me and have other preferences.

Why do people persist in persecuting other paying subs that are requesting the reinstatement of a feature that already exists that has no effect on how you play? Heroics, PvP and PvE award too much XP so there's virtually no chance they'll ever group up with you, so why force them into a situation where they're far more likely to stop playing and stop paying?

You'd be shocked at how little effect that would have. Most of the OP-ness of players in those fights comes from high level characters having big presence bonuses, big alacrity and Crit%/CritMult bonuses, and a high-level companion (my DvL Trooper got Aric to rank 40 by the end of KotFE Chapter XII, most of which was done before KotFE, since you only get him back in Chapter XI, and you don't see him hardly at all in Chapter XII). And all the abilities of a high-level character. And probably some power creep in those abilities anyway.

Who cares what their presence is at the end of KotFE/ET when these folks are playing the baseline story? Regardless it's a simple matter of switching to a different companion.

Obviously you can't do this with passive abilities, but they're not going to affect much of anything. Ultimately all they'll affect is your mental perception of how you're playing.

There are ways for players to purposefully gimp themselves to play it like it was in ye olden days without them having to patch in an item, or change everything and cause grief for those who would really hate to play that way.

Exactly, I've even seen friends running around with no armor to dial back their stats for fun.

I just came to the forums to ask about the same very thing. Even though I understand that with level sync it must not be an issue, but if I hit max level by the time I'm done with Alderaan I just lose all the motivation to continue. Please let us to avoid getting extra XP.

Guys, try posting your request in this thread. I bet they can't even remember what the white acute Module was for

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913595

I played the Jedi Knight story again recently and defeated the Emperor in about 3 seconds. He was practically one shotted.

While having access to extra abilities no doubt plays a role in making boss fights easier, the main issue is that the 4.0 changes nerfed class story bosses on starter planets into oblivion. Instead of being a level 50 boss, Vitiate is now a level 16(?) boss. Companions are significantly beefed up now as well.

You can walk away from the computer completely and let your companion solo Vitiate or Baras now, without issue. Is that the players' fault, or Bioware's?

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Who cares what their presence is at the end of KotFE/ET when these folks are playing the baseline story? Regardless it's a simple matter of switching to a different companion.

I got almost all of that Influence on Aric before the base story ended. And my point was that the OP-ness comes in large part from those factors combined with you being synced to typically two levels higher than the boss, even for Troopers whose final fight is on Corellia (GR is level 50, you are synced to 52).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.