A question about the Cartel Market "Level 31" sets.

TheRandomWolf

Hello.

So I'm still fairly new to this game, but I realize that most of the game's buyable-with-cash items can be redeemed to the bound character through the Collections. This has been the case of 90% of the things I bought from either the Cartel Market and GTN. And a while ago I purchased a Level 31 set from the Market and bound it to my character. The set was "Unlocked". Thankfully, I saved it on my character's cargo hold... but I could have easily had trashed it because I could supposedly reclaim it later on. Sadly such option is nowhere available. The armor is there on the collections but I cannot reclaim it for myself at all. Why is that? Isn't that kinda... unfair and a big, silly and unnecessary ripoff? Is there a way to reclaim them again if something is to happen' to said items?

Are you trying to reclaim the set on the same character that you bound it on? You should see that reclaim button if you are. If you're trying to claim it on a different character, then you need to "unlock" the set by paying a one time fee of cartel coins. Unlocking a set this way lets you make as many copies of the item as you want on other characters. Edited by Anduhar

Always, always, ALWAYS check your Collections before you buy something that you want to unlock for your (other) characters.

The description of those sets, both in the Cartel Market and in Collections clearly states that the only way to get additional copies is to buy them from the Cartel Market.

Always, always, ALWAYS check your Collections before you buy something that you want to unlock for your (other) characters.

The description of those sets, both in the Cartel Market and in Collections clearly states that the only way to get additional copies is to buy them from the Cartel Market.

There are sets in your Collections that you cannot make additional copies of? I never knew that. I assume you can still make copies on the same character though, otherwise there's not much point in having them in Collections at all.

Edited by Anduhar

Typically the armor sets/pieces that you cannot reclaim from the Cartel Market Collections are ones that come with mods already in them. I think it has something to do with being able to get unlimited copies of those mods by reclaiming the armor, extracting the mods, reclaiming the armor again, etc.

Unless that's not the type of CM armor you mean, and you're talking about something else.

Edited by Trynitris

There are sets in your Collections that you cannot make additional copies of? I never knew that. I assume you can still make copies on the same character though, otherwise there's not much point in having them in Collections at all.
Even the character that bought/used the items cannot get additional copies of them, other than buying more from the CM. Some of those are not even available from the CM anymore.

They are in your Collections for the "completionists", much like many Achievements. There's no real benefit to having those things in your collections, or having a particular achievement "complete" other than... you have it. The "points" for various achievements don't "do" anything, either, other than showing that you've completed a lot of them (or only a few). (There are some achievements that give you cartel coins, or a title, but they are a small minority of the total number of available achieveemnts).

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.