Finally time to quit

darksorazz

After 5 years, I didn't think Bioware could destroy this game.. They finally did..

They expect us to grind 300 levels of a stupidly flawed system AND on top of that succumb to RNG of raids in order to gear..

In your live stream you stated Bioware, that it would be either or.. NOT BOTH.

So thanks for wasting my time, a whole bunch of others peoples time, and hopefully when the game sinks you'll realize what you could have done better.

Saiyonara SWTOR - You were good for a time.

You're a little tardy to the party. The quitters club was months ago. Now you just look like a wannabe :p seriously though there's been enough posts exactly like this word for word . They are aware. They're implementing changes. You can go if yourw unhappy. You don't need to announce exit stage right. You can just go. ;)

And why do people feel the need to make a thread about this? Its really depressing and not positive for the forum people who just arived here or are trying out the game.

Well that is the point, they need to know the truth. Still, only like 10% of game population comes to forums anyway.

And why do people feel the need to make a thread about this? Its really depressing and not positive for the forum people who just arived here or are trying out the game.

Because people think that the universe revolves around them.

Btw op, can I has your stuff too?

Personally I don't mind these posts as much as I used to. It's kind of likme leaving negative feedback on amazon or something along those lines. We are customers and when we aren't happy we should be able to tell the company that. IF they ignore it and lose people like the OP then that's on them. I've considered canceling for the first time since pre-launch. This Random gear thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth along with most of the community The grind is way waay too slow.

It's not about the new people - although it's good that they see that there is issues with the game and that the game they are trying out will not be the game that they play one or two months from now. Threads like this are simply about the state of the game and he has every right to make this thread to tell the devs that they really stepped in it with 5.x. I do think that he's cutting bait a bit too soon given the changes that BW stated that they are making but perhaps the OP can go play another game to have fun while keeping an eye on the SWTOR development and return once the game is in a better state.

Edited by RagnarAugustus

So all those 5 years being a a loyal customer should just sod off without giving their opinion where this game is heading while having past experience comparing game then and now?

This is exactly what everyone should read and understand how Bioware Austin runs this game and where it is heading so new people can see and take this into account before starting to invest into this game heavily.

What you ask or i assume you want to see is that everyone should keep posting only positive stuff and put their head into sand ignoring all the bad decisions made by Bioware? You simply asking potential new customers to be decived that everything is perfect and all are happy? OP has payed money and have every right to post opinions about this game postitive or negative. Its not players fault if game is in bad shape and has a lot negative feedback.

If you're genuinely concerned about this, then the last thing you should do is post. By posting, you're making sure this bad thing happens and keeps happping.

Just ignore the thread and it will quickly fall to 2nd page and from there, it'll be like it never existed.

They expect us to grind 300 levels of a stupidly flawed system AND on top of that succumb to RNG of raids in order to gear..

In your live stream you stated Bioware, that it would be either or.. NOT BOTH.

This is exactly what everyone should read and understand how Bioware Austin runs this game and where it is heading so new people can see and take this into account before starting to invest into this game heavily.

But actually.. what we DO read in the opening post is a misunderstanding of the system... You CAN use both ways, you do not NEED to use both.

Case A: PvP/GSF only:

- you do your regular PvP/GSF matches all day long and you get pieces... you bring them to a shop and get your tier 1 shiny for it.

- you do more PVP/GSF and collect more pieces... you bring them to another shop and upgrade the tier 1 shiny to tier 2 shiny... and repeat that to tier 3.

Your command level does not need to be 300 (or even 181, where tier 3 does start) to have plenty of command tokens for the shops to turn your pieces into shiny.

Case B: No PvP/GSF at all:

- you do everything but pvp/gsf... run dailys, run OPs... and you get command boxes for each lvl... from 181 onward it is tier 3 boxes (being 300 does not mean anything more than being 181). You also get tokens from the OP bosses.

- you bring your tokens from the OPs to the shop and get the shiny you want.. at the tier corresponding the difficulty level you mastered (yes, we do no longer get NiM gear for doing Karagga or Soa... and I do not mind that at all)

- you also make command levels and will occasionally (very random!!) get a piece of equip that you can actually use.

You do not need to make a single pvp or gsf match to get fully Tier 2 outfit (I know it, cause I have it.. yes I was lucky) and you make CL easily just by playing the game.. I am having a hard time spending the command lvl tokens needed for the shop to turn in the OP tokens... I could as well stop leveling command lvl, I got plenty (and I am not even 200)

Case C: A mix:

- you collect your tokens from OPs

- you pvp and/or gsf and collect pieces

- you turn the tokens in for the items on tier 2 and upgrade them with pvp/gsf for tier 3

Again, you do not need to be CL 300 to get equipped.

The system is still pretty alt unfriendly and it takes a lot longer than 4.0 to get full nightmare gear, but the main point of the OP simply is wrong.

Edited by JPryde

Can I have your stuff?

You can but it's all in RNG crates and you can only get a chance at them after doing a lot of "choirs" for him. Also, I'm sure like bw and the terrible RNG crate design they used. Expect to lose.

After 5 years, I didn't think Bioware could destroy this game.. They finally did..

SNIP.....

So thanks for wasting my time, a whole bunch of others peoples time, and hopefully when the game sinks you'll realize what you could have done better.

Saiyonara SWTOR - You were good for a time.

Understandable. swtor is not in a good place right now and given bws inability to do anything in what most would call a decent time frame. I wouldn't expect this game to be back on track for the majority of 2017.

Like most gamers know, the only real way to speak to bw and game companies in terms they understand is to leave.

Good luck in wherever you land.

It's not about the new people - although it's good that they see that there is issues with the game and that the game they are trying out will not be the game that they play one or two months from now. Threads like this are simply about the state of the game and he has every right to make this thread to tell the devs that they really stepped in it with 5.x. I do think that he's cutting bait a bit too soon given the changes that BW stated that they are making but perhaps the OP can go play another game to have fun while keeping an eye on the SWTOR development and return once the game is in a better state.

What, exactly, has BW announced that will fix the issues with 5.x? I've seen promises of further "tweaking". I saw a promised "fix" that didn't actually fix anything when it showed up. I haven't seen anything announced or talked about by BW that fixes GC and the RNG mess it is. Players have made suggestions that would fix things, but not a thing from BW.

Its really depressing and not positive for the forum people who just arived here or are trying out the game.

The point is to be depressing and negative.

Last ditch effort to validate their choice to leave. Hopefully people will chime in and agree. The thought of other people still having fun with a game that you don't enjoy can be heartbreaking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.