Keep my subscription active?

Spreadpanic

No GC< No CXP, no endgame content if you aren't subbed. However, are you losing anything? I'm not sure you are. To me the lack of frustration and infuriation far outweighs the loss of the grind. Come back when they have something else you want to do. That's my general plan, unless I get too heavily into something else first.

No GC< No CXP, no endgame content if you aren't subbed. However, are you losing anything? I'm not sure you are. To me the lack of frustration and infuriation far outweighs the loss of the grind. Come back when they have something else you want to do. That's my general plan, unless I get too heavily into something else first.

Thanks for heading off my next question, which was whether the current endgame model is worth the sub. I will give it a month to try out and bail if it isn't fun. Thanks folks!

I never finished KOTFE, so I recently subbed in hopes of zipping through it and KOTET. After I hit level cap and finish the content, what is the benefit of keeping my subscription active? Does being a F2P effect the CXP grind substantially?

If you're interested in seeing all the differences between F2P, Preferred, and Subscribed, here's a table:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p#wiki_differences_quickview

Edited by Anduhar

Thanks for heading off my next question, which was whether the current endgame model is worth the sub. I will give it a month to try out and bail if it isn't fun. Thanks folks!

For some time now the devs have had a slow content update cadence. Content has been released in a piecemeal-style essentially. What most people have been doing is subscribing for a month after a major patch or expansion and then letting their sub lapse until the next patch/expac follows, rine and repeat.

For some time now the devs have had a slow content update cadence. Content has been released in a piecemeal-style essentially. What most people have been doing is subscribing for a month after a major patch or expansion and then letting their sub lapse until the next patch/expac follows, rine and repeat.

I'll say it since other folks are probably thinking it.

The Cartel Market (ie cash shop) items are being released at a gung ho rate. :)

I'll say it since other folks are probably thinking it.

The Cartel Market (ie cash shop) items are being released at a gung ho rate. :)

True, it's the only part of the game who's updated all the time. Other things are at a low rate release or just dead (like GSF).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.