Worst Customer Support Ever!

Toddishur

So I quit for 6 months. Come back yesterday, play a bit, then realized I couldn't start KotFE, with a 7 day referral trial.... Okay fair enough. So I go to my local game store, and throw down 30 bucks for a 60 day card, I planned on staying for a few months. Then I get home, opened up a fresh bag of chips, and some dip, got my 6 pack Pepsi and pint of vodka. I was ready to play, been waiting for awhile for KotFE. So I type in my code, and boom says it's already been used. So i'm thinking to myself *** I just bought. Then I take it back to the store, I bought it from demanding a new code or refund.

(I know before you say why didn't you just sub with auto pay.. well i always forget to cancel so prepay is safer) Dude said "I don't do refunds." then he told me "Go home try it again" So I go home, and try again. Even sat in the car and tried from my phone before I left. Still same thing so I call customer support. (>1 min wait time) :) A nice enough lady answers. Tries code says "The code was made before the game even came out and was used a year and a half ago." I'm thinking to myself "*** no one is safe, online or offline stupid scammers. But a glimmer of hope. She gave me a ticket number. Told me to call the retailer I bought it from with the number, and they will work it out. So I figure "Cool they can fight on the phone about I'll just check my account in a bit, and see if i got the sub i payed for."

45min later I get a call from the game store saying they worked it out, and for me to leave him alone, and don't call or bother him again about it. (Forgot to mention I live in a small town, I'ts a small mom and pop PC Repair/Video game stuff.) Now I figure well should be all good now. The roller coaster of this crap storm is going up, but what goes up has gotta go back the hell down.... still no sub. I call back customer support, have the same ticket number, and they act like they don't know what the hell i'm talking about. Sounded like I was crazy, and wanted me to start this whole process over again. (Apparently they don't type notes or anything whats the point of giving a ticket number if your just gonna make me start over)

So Long story short, no sub -$30 and change from my pocket. No KotFE. Just a huge headache, and not a damn thing I can do about any of it. If you made it this far thanks for taking time to read about my grief. May the Force Be With You.

Edited by Toddishur
Didn't proof read "Longest sentence ever!"

You should be mad at the rip off artist at the store you bought that ancient code from. FYI since you bought a 60 day code, there is a 60 day sub option online with no recurring charges. Knowing is half the battle.

Yea but all I had on me was cash at the time as my gf had my card.

So someone sold you a used gamecard, and you are pissed at BW for it? I mean i know that BW customer service isn't great, but seriously, they did nothing wrong here. They can't just honor already used game codes that get sold from sketchy video game stores, otherwise everyone would just reuse their old game cards. The only thing to do here is demand a refund from the dude, and if he refuses, make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and leave a nasty review for his store. Then going forward, as someone else mentioned, you can buy a 1-time 60 day subscription online.

So someone sold you a used gamecard, and you are pissed at BW for it? I mean i know that BW customer service isn't great, but seriously, they did nothing wrong here. They can't just honor already used game codes that get sold from sketchy video game stores, otherwise everyone would just reuse their old game cards. The only thing to do here is demand a refund from the dude, and if he refuses, make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and leave a nasty review for his store. Then going forward, as someone else mentioned, you can buy a 1-time 60 day subscription online.

It was in general the customer support and service on both sides. As In EA had faults in the fact that they didn't record anything. The sketchy game store well obvious but yea already put in a BBB complaint I had bought a Xbox from the a couple weeks ago for half of what gamestop was selling now im just sitting back waiting for it to blow up

What kind of dip?

Always French Onion unless its Queso then always Queso

Edited by Toddishur

You should be mad at the rip off artist at the store you bought that ancient code from. FYI since you bought a 60 day code, there is a 60 day sub option online with no recurring charges. Knowing is half the battle.

Exactly. The game time card is merchandise from a local store.. but the OP wants to condemn the studio over this? This has been an ongoing problems for years with game time cards... people use them, disquise them as new and return them or restock them. Actual codes delivered digitally from an approved online merchant is a much safer approach on the part of the consumer.

Hey OP.... since you are in a small town, next time just log on to amazon and buy a game time code from them. They sell them in 60, 90, and 180 increments, and they deliver you the code immediately in your web browser. Or, you could have purchased the code from the swtor.com site, inside your account as well.

As for Customer Support being "worst ever"... complete hyperbolic BS. The handful of times I have needed CS to help with a game issue, they have always resolved the issue properly and professionally. Depending on their backlog of open tickets, sometimes they get back within an hour or two, and sometimes it takes a few days. In fact, I just had to open a CS ticket last week, because I had one character stuck in infinitely loading screen. They responded back within 72 hours (which included the weekend by the way) and had it fixed within 12 hours after that.

Edited by Andryah

I had a rather serious issue as well.

There was this massive error with my Origin account due to the fact that I had swapped emails and all of that. I had bought the 30-day game from Origin and planned to use the code, but it didn't work as well.. and the account was utterly broken. You couldn't login at all, not even on the website. It was a huge, horrible mess. I couldn't find any sort of solution.. and I was left with no choice but to call them. The first call crashed.. then I took a second one, and the man behind the phone told me there was nothing I could do and that the account was gone; maybe I should try calling them again. I believe that I did two more calls before a nice woman decided that in order to avoid large call charges that we could communicate via e-mail.

Not only did she completely restore my account, fixed my Origin one and delivered the 30-days, she also has helped me with other issues regarding missing items and missing Cartel coins. It is thanks to her that I'm capable of playing this game. (The phone bill was huge though...)

The Support in SWTOR is indeed of the worst I've encountered in terms of approach. Being forced to actually call them in order to fix an issue sounds a bit too extreme to me, but it's better than to simply rely on the in-game "message system" that takes ages to respond.

In my opinion, the best to do would be to attach an official Support email and allow players to exchange emails between one or more members via that method; the same way that Guild Wars 2 does. It's the best method. Or it can be like Gameforge... where they have their own Support site which tickets are stored in this "mail" system as well. It's better than what we have at the moment.

Also, live chat via Origin doesn't do anything. These people are not connected to SWTOR at all and will actually reveal some difficulty when dealing with situations related to the game. Trust me, I tried.

Coming from someone who worked in an electronic store years and years ago, those time cards are bad. We didn't stock them, an outside company did, so we would try to put blame on the game, they'd put blame on us. Inherently, it was neither our company or the game company's fault. However, your only recourse is to deal with the place of purchase. Since you chose not to use SWTOR billing, then SWTOR isn't responsible for things you've bought from outside sources. I mean anyone could claim to have a non working time card, right? You need to take it back, with the receipt, and tell the clerk the problem. Since you've spoken to them, and they're not helpful, then you can only do what you can do. BW has good CS some of the time, and others...well they suck., It depends on who you get. In this instance, BW is not in the wrong. They cannot help you.

I believe that I did two more calls before a nice woman decided that in order to avoid large call charges that we could communicate via e-mail.

Not only did she completely restore my account, fixed my Origin one and delivered the 30-days, she also has helped me with other issues regarding missing items and missing Cartel coins. It is thanks to her that I'm capable of playing this game. (The phone bill was huge though....

In case need to phone and you have skype

see db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call (must be set as a contact) to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc

Edited by OwenBrooks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.