RIP in peace Pot5

Talon_strikes

I transferred my characters off this barren wasteland a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to get this off my chest especially for anyone who used to play here, might still play on another server, and might recognize me...

I started playing this game on the Vulkar Highway server but I jumped ship to The Fatman around the time during the first Rakghoul event. Eventually The Fatman ended up dying due to all of the outgoing transfers from there which led to the vast majority of the server to go back to their original characters that they left behind. Never thought The Fatman would go from the biggest to one of the smaller servers, but it did and got merged into this server near the end of 2012.

I made lots of memories here. When I moved here I first started the <Prophecy of the Fatman> guild, then I started getting more hardcore into PvP and left that guild behind. I pulled Imps into mobs with Quinlynn/Qui'ling on Ilum and Section X, trolled Gen Chat with Sir Copperfield, and tried to become better in PvP and was eventually able to play with Hostile Takeover and Hoth Ski Patrol for a little bit.

Participating in the WPvP events Cilas organized and being able to get into the Imp base as a Pub on Tatooine were such a blast. It's a shame the devs killed PvP servers with server-type instancing and thought that as a solution for their "better than cross-server". :rolleyes:

I think my biggest achievement though was challenging myself to level a Sith Inquisitor to 55 and queue for Ranked Arenas. Man, some of you guys raged SO HARD over a casual game with a barren ranked scene. That was the highlight of my time before Pot5 finally died in 2014. :D Too bad BW finally got rid of base classes too last year! :mad:

I can't believe this server died almost 2½ years ago. It's a shame. I suggest anyone who's still stuck here to take advantage of the 90cc transfers. Eric Musco said they're staying indefinitely. Please do yourself a favor and move to The Harbinger. The bit of PvP life that this game has in the US is over there.

You can catch me on The Harbinger if you want to PvP with me!

Toodles <3

Edited by Talon_strikes

For me it is all about the hassle of losing my Strongholds, which I spent quite a bit of time decorating. Secondary issues are having to change names because people who haven't played in five years are sitting on them and putting up with mail and general chat of people selling credits. Simply the game isn't worth it. I read someone bragging about how many people were on the fleet of The Harbinger. That's where we were a short while ago. If the problems aren't fixed, very few people will be left.

I'll stay here where people didn't reach Tier 3 by farming Karagga's Palace in the first few days. Warzones on Tuesdays and Thursdays are competitive.

• 3 months later...
I left Pot5 a few months ago and started a guild on ebony hawk. I was pretty sad to leave. I never had more fun playing any mmo than here on this server with the open world pvp. I have a toon here still I never play with. Hoping one day it will return to its former glory

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good evening,

I hoped I could interest you in chatting about The Crimson Order [TCO] as an option for your guild home here over on Harbinger. TCO is a multi-game guild that has recently relocated our SWTOR chapter to the Harbinger server from Pop5 in order to rebuild it from the ground up here as a non-zerg, high quality, wrecking ball of a guild in TOR. You can find out more about our guild in general HERE, as well as our full recruitment post with details HERE. I'm also happy to answer any question you may have regarding the above documents, or anything NOT covered there. Hope to hear back soon, and have a great day.

-Vaylen