Remove RNG from attaining end game gear.

RainenFyre

I am guessing the whole reason that RNG was introduced to attaining gear was because the data showed that the Cartel Hypercrates were such a big success on the Cartel Market. The thing is, the cartel market is for flashy, frilly items that people do not mind taking a risk on. If you remove the RNG from how you get end game gear people will come back.

I support this with this, the DvL event. The games numbers rose a little for this event. The reason i participated in this event and achieved legendary status is simple. It was a laid out plan with attainable goals if you ground all the way through it. It had stopping points that made you feel like you made accomplishments along the way. That is the kind of grind i am willing to do for gear. Not some random lottery or half witted return of old gear systems.

I suggest you take this new CXP system you have now and tweak so there is no RNG. Then your players will have goals that are attainable, not a lottery system.

1. make the tokens from the crate a tier system, tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 tokens.

2. for tier 1, 1-90 you will receive enough tokens for a piece of gear every 6 levels or so

3. for tier 2, 91-180 you will receive enough tokens for a piece of gear every 6 levels or so, you will also need to turn in the previous tier 1 shell and a moderate amount of credits to get the tier 2 piece.

4. for tier 3, 181-300 you will receive enough tokens for a piece of gear every 8-9 levels or so, you will also need to turn in the previous tier 2 shells and a large amount of credits to get the tier 3 piece.

This system will allow for several advantages you were searching for with the whole GC, it is a longer grind, it will be a character specific grind since you will have to turn in the shells. It doesn't allow raiders to have top level gear in a month. It allows all players in the game the ability to attain top level gear by doing all of the parts of the game they enjoy. Then it also takes away the lottery RNG problems that drove me away from the game.

RNG has no place in attaining gear in a gear progression game, i hope by now with all of the backlash in the forums and other media you can see this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.