The Return of Helmets in Companion Conversations ?

PIT_DEFENDER

Hi

I don't know why but thers this trend in Bioware games to force helmets off characters heads in cinematics :p

Now I am sometimes playing a character who never takes his helmet off (even when he sips whiskey at the bar :p)

or sometimes I play characters with head installed cybernetics from cartel market armor and its silly when they just disappear :p

I get that in SP games ppl don't like to reload the game because they didn't take gear off before convo ;p but in swtor we have the convenience of just hitting escape if we forgot to take helmet off.

So could we please have it reverted back to the way it was, where the characters wear their headgear in all cinematics?

Or if you want the game super foolproof maybe there could be a checkbox in options to turn tat off?

Its really important to me and I also get a lot of feedback from other players who find it important.

Please consider my request xD

Oh and also fellow nolifers lets all spam this thread with backing posts so the Devs can see how important that is to us ?XD

Much Love <3

Pit

• 10 months later...
Sorry for bringing back this old thread but I didn't want to post a new thread. I don't know why they don't let you wear helmet during companion conversations. My character wears an eyepatch and his name is even Crow's Eye (based on a character from A Song of Ice and Fire who wears an eyepatch). It just looks silly him having no eyepatch in companion conversation cutscenes. I know this is not important for most for you guys but why take this option away? :confused:

Sorry for bringing back this old thread but I didn't want to post a new thread. I don't know why they don't let you wear helmet during companion conversations. My character wears an eyepatch and his name is even Crow's Eye (based on a character from A Song of Ice and Fire who wears an eyepatch). It just looks silly him having no eyepatch in companion conversation cutscenes. I know this is not important for most for you guys but why take this option away? :confused:

I have a character with the same eyepatch problem. Several others just look silly without the hat. Not all of them want their faces to be seen. But the eyepatch is the one that really drives me crazy! :t_mad:

in my opinion, if people don't want their head gear shown in a convo they can hide it. For now with this current system the rest of us that intend to have our helmet, mask, Eye patch, Glasses etc on we have no choice but not to have them on. (Which is a bad move)

"Romance" conversations ***must*** hide the helmet, at least if it's one that will make kissing look spectacularly stupid.

(Imagine a trooper with a full-face helmet - Tactical Infantry or similar - trying to kiss Elara while she is *also* wearing one.)

However, eyepatches, efficiency scanners, and even ear-and-mike headsets would work fine. So maybe a "hides-in-conversations" flag would be a good idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.