Set your course for the Hoth System!!!

RHPnVa

Hello all I have a CL 38 Smug over on Hoth right now, and I seem to be dieing awfully fast are well Bowdaar doesn't seem to be helping. I have em set for Tank, but do I need maybe armor. Are some cold weather gear. I got out of the Wampa cave, and there's a room where I need to go destroy some gas canisters or something, and I keep getting aggro...

Any thoughts?

Set your companion to heal, see if that helps. Setting companions to heal tend to be more useful than setting them to tank. Do you frequently upgrade your gear? The gear you get from your class story and planet story arcs should be enough to get you through leveling. If you haven't been using that gear then you may be undergeared right now. You could always go back to the fleet and go to the Supplies section. There's some cheap moddable gear that you can buy from a vendor along with mod vendors that sell cheap green mods.

might also help to increase the loyalty of your companion.

their loyalty rank, or overall presense increases the effectiveness of the companion.

ie. if your companion is still lvl 1 but you're on a planet for lvls 35-40 (or whatever Hoth is) it's not surprising it's getting it's *** kicked.

can buy companion gifts. the vendor on fleet. the 200credit gift. can buy like 1500 of them for couple 100k. which will bring your companion to lvl 25+

Or. just be sure to have your compaion out when you do conversations and try and gain some loyalty from convos. there's also legacy perks, that increase the loyalty gain from gifts. and i think conversations

Hey thanks guys I quess I will do that, and I can ALWAYS go back do some heroics on Ord Mantell, and earn more cash. And some Legacy. I started a Trooper/Commando yesterday I am already on Nar Shaadaa... But thanks I will try those tips.

Also, how are you only level 38 on Hoth? Have you been doing just the class story missions? Do the planetary arc missions as well, and you should find it easy to stay at-level.

The planetary arc missions are given by NPCs with purple triangles and <Planetary Arc> tags under their names. They are normally in the spaceport or orbital stations, and if not, they are near the exit from the spaceport (example: Republic Taris, where the planetary arc is given by the brother and sister arguing with the soldier in the area in front of the spaceport.

Exception: Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. The planetary arc mission on Coruscant is given by a senator who is talking to Gree delegation droids in a room on the north side (? well, anyway, the right-hand-side as you go inwards) of the main hall in the Senate Tower. On Dromund Kaas, it is given by an NPC called Sandor who stands near the taxi station at "The Wall".

And turn on the "Exploration missions" checkbox to see a bunch of secondary (tertiary?) missions that are normally totally hidden. You can't see the mission givers on the map, nor do they have mission triangles over their heads, and if you talk to them, they have nothing useful to say. If you turn on the checkbox, they appear on the map, they gain a mission-giver triangle over their heads, and they will offer you the mission.

Well right now I have three toon in-game now. I have two Smug's and a Trooper. I do some of the side missions, but I don't want to get weighed down, and hit the planet capp. I don't know if this is like SWG Legacy Quest, because I know it helped to do the side missions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.