alot of negative post her so i would say i realy love the new uprisings :)

brutall

I haven't tried all the Uprisings yet. I pugged one in 5.0 and hated it with a passion - no idea why we were even there at some Imperial place or any sense of what we were meant to be doing - just laggy combats that were over before any of my abilities actually triggered and then chasing after the rest of the team - fell to my death because one of the grapple thingies missed, then a wipe on the boss followed by an unco-ordinated mess that somehow managed to beat it.

A few days later, I 3-manned the one on Port Nowhere with guildmates so no issues of being left behind but combat was still annoying and laggy until the final boss fight. Boss fight was kinda cool, but again there was a lack of "Ok, this is why you're here fighting these people".

Haven't done any of the 5.1 ones yet. Never going to pug an Uprising again. Even after nearly four years, I still prefer flashpoints because they, especially the originals, have soul and story.

I haven't tried all the Uprisings yet. I pugged one in 5.0 and hated it with a passion - no idea why we were even there at some Imperial place or any sense of what we were meant to be doing - just laggy combats that were over before any of my abilities actually triggered and then chasing after the rest of the team - fell to my death because one of the grapple thingies missed, then a wipe on the boss followed by an unco-ordinated mess that somehow managed to beat it.

A few days later, I 3-manned the one on Port Nowhere with guildmates so no issues of being left behind but combat was still annoying and laggy until the final boss fight. Boss fight was kinda cool, but again there was a lack of "Ok, this is why you're here fighting these people".

Haven't done any of the 5.1 ones yet. Never going to pug an Uprising again. Even after nearly four years, I still prefer flashpoints because they, especially the originals, have soul and story.

People really do forget how amazing the game was when it came out. The entire game had real spirit. It was pretty amazing.

Very little they have done since launch seems to have any of that spirit.

well done BW with the new uprisings :) they are fun and a litle bit hard og veteran mode :) cant wait for mastermode!

and i hope you make new ops like you do uprisings! fast phased!

I completely agree about the Uprisings! They are a lot of fun and are in-line with the happenings after KOTET. Really well done BW/EA!

All of the uprisings played out fine for me with no glitches etc and we were able to 2 man SM all 5 with companions. Took a bit of strategy to keep the companions alive but that is half the fun. My favourite was

turning into a Rakghoul in Trial and Error and the hidden relics/hidden boss aspect of Destroyer of Worlds

My request is that future content have more brain teasers and stuff to figure out like the puzzle quests in the Macrobinoculars/Seeker Droid missions and Chevin Grand Acquisitions Race.

I like the OPS as they are now and tied to new story content. I think that is why folks are bummed we didn't get a new OPS that had us invading Zakkuul or something,

Edited by Baby-Girl

I agree, I like the new wave of Uprisings much more than the previous ones. There are some interesting boss mechanics; the Rakghoul one is my favorite (mostly because I enjoy watching players curse at the amount of stuns and voids in there, and playing as a Rakghoul is a nice gimmick).

Unfortunately, the reward is too low, it is impossible to find players for the Uprisings. I asked in chat for hours and no one responded. I asked in guild and they didn't care; with much convincing they ran one Uprising with me but couldn't bother to run the others. If I hadn't started a group first thing on Tuesday to run through all Uprisings, I'd still not have seen them all.

And of course, the design is horrible. Way too many adds, way too much incoming damage (an average healer has no chance in Veteran Mode), certain mechanics are impossible (like the final boss in Coruscant uprising has a stun where your stun breaker is disabled, so you are stuck in the AoE with no chance to get out), companion stuns work against bosses that are supposed to be immune to stuns/interrupts. And then they want to add Master Mode?

Edited by Jerba

Uprising IMO are a souless version of the flashpoints.

The suffer from a lack of backstory and you just end up there having to kill those bad guys because they are bad.

They also aren't fitting with the storyline. Why should the emperor of Zakuul go all the way to Tatooine to kill a bunch of no-name pirates in their compound. That's what the Eternal fleet, a few millions Skytroopers and a few of the many companions are for.

When compared to the flashpoints, they are lacking. The flashpoint tell you why you're there and why you do the flashpoints. It's not just a beat them up fight.

Edited by ludoviccb

They also aren't fitting with the storyline. Why should the emperor of Zakuul go all the way to Tatooine to kill a bunch of no-name pirates in their compound. That's what the Eternal fleet, a few millions Skytroopers and a few of the many companions are for.

Yeah lol, they kinda missed that part of the story it seems.

Uprising IMO are a souless version of the flashpoints.

The suffer from a lack of backstory and you just end up there having to kill those bad guys because they are bad.

When compared to the flashpoints, they are lacking. The flashpoint tell you why you're there and why you do the flashpoints. It's not just a beat them up fight.

/Agree. These resouces should've been focused on quality, harder FPs.

Oh dear Gods, no.

Tell me you're kidding about a part where we have to get Rakghouled.

I was already looking to avoid that one like, well, the plague, but if getting turned is mandatory, then it can frell even further off.

No it is not mandatory and is more novelty. You can be a tank, dps or heal rakghoul or you can be your regular self.

Edited by Baby-Girl

Uprising IMO are a souless version of the flashpoints. The suffer from a lack of backstory and you just end up there having to kill those bad guys because they are bad.

I don't think they were ever intended to be anything like FPs. You are right, FPs have rich story tied to them but really, do you watch all of the story every time you run through False Emp today? I don't. I had enough of that trying to get my Columi chest piece at launch! ;)

I look at Uprisings as challenging H4 replacements that were introduced so that the end-game player group had something quick yet challenging to grind out for CXP. The opening commentary for each uprising tells you why you are there etc. I generally have my game volume on low so i read it in the "other" chat tab. I do agree with other postings though, the rewards are not always worth the effort.

Edited by Baby-Girl

Anybody tried the new Trench Runner Veteran Mode? The tank seemed maybe a wee bit over-tuned in terms of damage output compared to other Veteran Uprisings. My 230 geared (minus 1 relic and most armorings were 216-224) Merc healer was having a hard time keeping the group up. Also taunts didn't do a thing to the tank.

It's nice that it's challenging, because the 5.0 Uprisings have not been overly hard. Maybe if I had 240s it would have been better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.