Why is Overload so Unreliable in PvP?

Damedius

It happens when they aren't white barred as well. I can force speed into a group of players use overload and sometimes nothing happens.

If possible, try to jump right before you hit overload (or perhaps just a tiny change of direction), that way the client updates your position on the server.

When "nothing happens" you'll see the animation of overload between all the players you wanted to hit but the actual area of effect happened on another place. Maybe it's my rather high ping, but with force speed I've experienced some trouble with this

Edited for clarity

Edited by wainot-keel

When the player has a full resolve bar it does not affect him.

he is saying that the person has no white bar no abilities that would prevent the knockback at all. I seen this as well people with no resolve no nothing not being able to be hit with overload. IT is buggy as hell since 5.0 i seen people walk right through overload I overloaded a sorc the other night with no resolve and nothing happened he kept going like nothing hit him.

If possible, try to jump right before you hit overload (or perhaps just a tiny change of direction), that way the client updates your position on the server.

When "nothing happens" you'll see the animation of overload between all the players you wanted to hit but the actual area of effect happened on another place. Maybe it's my rather high ping, but with force speed I've experienced some trouble with this

Edited for clarity

No jumping involved it can tell you it is bugged you can hit random people with it and nothing happens no root nothing no white bar involved. I can sit in stealth and hit people with it when the do not know i am there and no resolve half the time it will work the other half it will not.

A lot of root-breaking or root-negating abilities overrule Overload as well (i.e. Hydraulic Override).

Sorc don't have Hydraulic Override i hit a sorc with overload while the sorc was not in combat at a node said sorc has no resolve no nothing and it fails.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.