Difference between Scavenger and the newer Cartel Packs?

The_Lost_Bean

Do the Scavenger packs drop different items than the newer packs? Such as armor that's been around longer than others?

Some say they can found in specific packs like Starfighter while others say they drop in silver or gold packs.

Where are the best places to make credits? I have to search the GTN for the items I have so that I know how much to sell them for roughly and I know Flashpoints give nice amounts of credits when going solo.

Trying to save up at least 30mil credits and atm I just have 8mil.

Different packs have different items in them. As they release new packs with new items, the old ones cycle out. Packs are divided into "Shipments" which are a group of related packs. You can view what items are from what packs, and what packs are in what shipments, by going to your Collections window and there's a section up top to view items by packs / shipments.

Or you can click this link to see past shipments:

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/04/swtor-cartel-market-pack-list/

One way to make credits is to do Heroics, here's a spreadhseet of some of the fastest ones you can run through on multiple characters, just click the link in the first comment:

You could also take up some gathering crew skills, Slicing is a good one, and then run circuits on places like Yavin 4 to farm mats to sell on the GTN. If you're really ambitious you can start learning how to flip items on the GTN, I'd recommend looking into SWTOR TV on YouTube for that.

Edited by Anduhar

The link for shipments doesn't really help since it's also in-game. I'm just gonna assume some of the older items will be found in Scavenger crates.

Crime Lord or Hotshots stuff drop in Scavenger or not. That sorta thing is what I'm asking.

Edited by The_Lost_Bean

The link for shipments doesn't really help since it's also in-game. I'm just gonna assume some of the older items will be found in Scavenger crates.

Crime Lord or Hotshots stuff drop in Scavenger or not. That sorta thing is what I'm asking.

Like I said, you can go to your Collections and view all the items you can get from the Scavenger packs. They are part of Shipment 8: Alliance Packs. Just go to Pack Items > Shipment 8 > Scavenger Pack.

Or you can go to Dulfy to find a list with previews of all the items you can get from that pack:

http://dulfy.net/2016/10/04/swtor-scavenger-pack-preview/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.