How Does This Convoluted System Work?

Damedius

Wha's so convoluted? It's the same as pre 5.0 just with some extra grind (OPS) or a lot of it (PVP)

PVP: Earn the unassembled tokens first. You're going to spend 10-15 hours in warzones to be able to buy your first unassembled gear piece this way, (either directly for T1 or trading in a shell of the previous tier for T2 or T3).

OPS: Kill the operation boss that drops the unassembled gear piece you need and go to the vendor to get it. Make sure you have enough command tokens as well, but that shouldn't be an issue, unless the only time you play is the 2-3 raids your guild does per week.

Neither PVP nor OPS: Do whatever else you do, earn command ranks, open command crates, hope for the best and ignore the new "convoluted" ways of getting gear.

Edited by Mubrak

http://dulfy.net/2017/01/23/swtor-patch-5-1-gearing-guide/

You need Unassembled Gear Pieces, which can only be attained via operations drops or via warzones (Unassembled Components).

I have those.

I'm saying it isn't giving me credit for tier pieces.

You need the previous tier in order to get the next tier.

Edited by Damedius

Wha's so convoluted? It's the same as pre 5.0 just with some extra grind (OPS) or a lot of it (PVP)

PVP: Earn the unassembled tokens first. You're going to spend 10-15 hours in warzones to be able to get your first unassembled gear piece this way, (either direct buy or trading in a shell of the previous tier).

OPS: Kill the operation boss that drops the unassembled gear piece you need and go to the vendor to get it. Make sure you have enough command tokens as well, but that shouldn't be an issue, unless the only time you play is the 2-3 raids your guild does per week.

Neither PVP nor OPS: Do whatever else you do, earn command ranks, open command crates, hope for the best and ignore the new "convoluted" ways of getting gear.

Please read my post first before answering.

I have those components. but it isn't giving me credit for tier pieces. You need the previous tier in order to get the next one.

I have those components. but it isn't giving me credit for tier pieces. You need the previous tier in order to get the next one.

The cheapest piece you can trade in is a bracer or belt and this requires 115 unassembled components. You need to win 23 warzones to earn those, each taking 10-15 minutes, that's 4-5 hours if you win all of them. The servers are up for 2h. So no, you can't have the components to trade in the shells and buy an unassembled gear piece.

If you already did an operation in those 2 hours, and have an unassembled gear piece, then go to the other vendor.

Edited by Mubrak

The cheapest piece you can trade in is a bracer or belt and this requires 115 unassembled components. You need to win 23 warzones to earn those, each taking 10-15 minutes, that's 4-5 hours if you win all of them. The servers are up for 2h. So no, you can't have the components to trade in the shells and buy an unassembled gear piece.

If you already did an operation in those 2 hours, and have an unassembled gear piece, then go to the other vendor.

Thx for your two cents but your far less helpful than you like to think.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.