New Uprisings are way too easy

I had the opposite experience with 1 tank, 2 DPS, 1 healer. Both trash and bosses were hitting very hard, to the point where I was wondering how Master Mode would turn out. But it was a PuG group and we may not have understood all mechanics correctly.

I was positively surprised that the bosses had new mechanics and not just reused mechanics from ops bosses. Also, the "play as a rakghoul" part was very nice.

But when it comes to CXP, there's not much point running those Uprisings again; Fractured is much faster. The adds were annoying, there are tons of them and they have a lot of HP. Also, on quite a few boss fights, the door closed and someone was locked outside. But all in all, I'm happy that we got new content.

Edited by Jerba

I did few of those so far, the Makeb one, the Rakghoul one and the wannabe Explosive Conflict one.

What I hate is the fact they are continuing the trend of beating waves of weak trash spawning all over the place, getting pulled from inconsistent and unpredictable distances and so on. As a dot melee single target DPS spec (watchman) I always feel like a burden to the team, because all of this is so much designed towards ranged burst DPSs it is ridiculous.

Would it really be a problem to make the fights a bit less messy?:/

I managed to do 2 story modes (for achievements) and it went like this:

- i joined a group of 3 looking for one more healer

- i said to go with companion heal

- i went in and cleared the trash till first boss with comp heal

- other guy came into the instance

- he pulled the boss by accident so we killed him duo, with him dying in mid fight

- 3rd person left the group so we decided to go on

- my heal comp and his dps comp

- last boss he died at start and i killed the boss with my heal companion (took a while)

GG bioware so Story mode is actually SOLO mode.

Question is, WHY EVEN BOTHER?? Why give us piss easy content to be done in a few days???

Edited by merovejec

I managed to do 2 story modes (for achievements) and it went like this:

- i joined a group of 3 looking for one more healer

- i said to go with companion heal

- i went in and cleared the trash till first boss with comp heal

- other guy came into the instance

- he pulled the boss by accident so we killed him duo, with him dying in mid fight

- 3rd person left the group so we decided to go on

- my heal comp and his dps comp

- last boss he died at start and i killed the boss with my heal companion (took a while)

GG bioware so Story mode is actually SOLO mode.

Question is, WHY EVEN BOTHER?? Why give us piss easy content to be done in a few days???

camon m3-r0 we all know u bought ur achievments :D

Actually, the new uprisings are harder than first shipment.

We went to all story mode with 3 people: 2 healers, tank and DPS companion. Quite a few pulls were actually hard, we've even wiped a couple of times. Note, that that was Story mode and all 3 of us are raiding HM ops together.

We did 2 of them yesterday also with 3 dps (2 melee and one ranged) and a healer in story mode. One was pretty face smash easy. But one was actually rather challenging.

I'd agree with the person who said it wasn't all that friendly to melee classes. I was playing a vigilance guardian and on the more challenging one found myself running to the boss (es) doing an attack or two, then they'd move to the complete other end of the room and I couldn't leap to them. Guess it's time to play a commando :p (sarcasm btw, I enjoy playing my guardian)

Having ran three SM Uprisings via Group Finder yesterday, I can definitely say they are overtuned for new players. Even the best healer will have trouble carrying three DPS through them if DPS stay standing in circles and die, or don't do damage to adds. And if there are four completely new players, there's no one to carry them through or explain mechanics. Story Mode is not supposed to be hard, and should not require a healer...

And why is there no bolster? Like one player with bad gear only had 90k HP.

In my case, we had two DPS and two healers (including myself), so I specced to DPS. In Denova, the other DPS always died so I had to kill everything myself. I couldn't beat the 30 second enrage timer myself so in the second try, we had to battle-rezz a DPS for that and killed it like 3 seconds before enrage.

In Rakata Prime, the DPS would always die in the circles so we just two-manned the bosses.

Makeb bonus boss was very difficult, we wiped a few times and they started to lose interest. Adds were not killed fast enough, and boss healed himself up. We eventually killed it with two healers after everyone understood the mechanics.

Edited by Jerba

Will this be the norm? The new Uprisings on Veteran mode are ridiculously easy. We cleared all the Uprisings, no wipes and no deaths with 3 DPS and one Healer. No tank is needed in Veteran. Can we get harder content?

Are you seriously trying to imply the targeted playerbase of Veteran Uprisings is NM raiders?

They are tuned fine for their intended audience, perhaps a bit on the difficult side, given the reward structure.

Actually, 'Trench Runner' veteran is the first challanging thing I've seen in years. I'm a healer, and I had no troubles holding the group on any of the first five, but that was really something. I'm not saying like it's a bad thing, which needs nerf but it was unexpected. Especially considering how little effort it takes to heal most of theoriginal 'master' FPs and pre-5.1 uprisings (in normal and veteran alike). May be it will get better once people study all the tactics - I don't know.

Sawbones, augmented 230th with 4 pieces of set.

Having ran three SM Uprisings via Group Finder yesterday, I can definitely say they are overtuned for new players. Even the best healer will have trouble carrying three DPS through them if DPS stay standing in circles and die, or don't do damage to adds. And if there are four completely new players, there's no one to carry them through or explain mechanics. Story Mode is not supposed to be hard, and should not require a healer...

And why is there no bolster? Like one player with bad gear only had 90k HP.

In my case, we had two DPS and two healers (including myself), so I specced to DPS. In Denova, the other DPS always died so I had to kill everything myself. I couldn't beat the 30 second enrage timer myself so in the second try, we had to battle-rezz a DPS for that and killed it like 3 seconds before enrage.

In Rakata Prime, the DPS would always die in the circles so we just two-manned the bosses.

Makeb bonus boss was very difficult, we wiped a few times and they started to lose interest. Adds were not killed fast enough, and boss healed himself up. We eventually killed it with two healers after everyone understood the mechanics.

Something I learned about circles the other night from an Uprising: they're not exact. We wiped once to Adelaide, then came back careful to avoid the circles this time as they hit like trucks, and promptly wiped again. We swore we weren't in any circles when we died, and yet there we were. Third time we succeeded but that's when I noticed I was still taking damage when close to but not in the circle. Probably something to do with server/client positioning error, and probably alot of you knew this already, but it's something I learned for the first time.

Something I learned about circles the other night from an Uprising: they're not exact. We wiped once to Adelaide, then came back careful to avoid the circles this time as they hit like trucks, and promptly wiped again. We swore we weren't in any circles when we died, and yet there we were. Third time we succeeded but that's when I noticed I was still taking damage when close to but not in the circle. Probably something to do with server/client positioning error, and probably alot of you knew this already, but it's something I learned for the first time.

Yeah, I just noticed that yesterday. She drops small black circles (very hard to notice) that are roughly twice as large as displayed. When you stand inside them, you receive a DoT but it doesn't deal a lot of damage.

Actually, 'Trench Runner' veteran is the first challanging thing I've seen in years. I'm a healer, and I had no troubles holding the group on any of the first five, but that was really something. I'm not saying like it's a bad thing, which needs nerf but it was unexpected. Especially considering how little effort it takes to heal most of theoriginal 'master' FPs and pre-5.1 uprisings (in normal and veteran alike). May be it will get better once people study all the tactics - I don't know.

Sawbones, augmented 230th with 4 pieces of set.

I am currently stuck on Trench Runner veteran too. (not a healer, DPS) 3 Commader with tons of adds and red circles seems very nasty, Not sure how to beat it.

Tried Destroyer of Worlds Veteran yesterday. 1st boss was literally unbeatable with one healer due to excessive amount of damage and Whispers in the Dark debuff, we were forced to do it with 1T, 1DPS and 2H.

Yet rest bosses, including bonus one were quite trivial.

Tried Destroyer of Worlds Veteran yesterday. 1st boss was literally unbeatable with one healer due to excessive amount of damage and Whispers in the Dark debuff, we were forced to do it with 1T, 1DPS and 2H.

The trick to beat the 1 boss is to stand in the corner near the console and let all adds come to you so you could AOE\dot spread them. That's how my PUG did it.

Also, yes, Veteran Caller is much more easier then a Story one. Go figure.:D

Edited by Gelious

The trick to beat the 1 boss is to stand in the corner near the console and let all adds come to you so you could AOE\dot spread them. That's how my PUG did it.

Also, yes, Veteran Caller is much more easier then a Story one. Go figure.:D

Please do not forget to mention, that you have to interrupt the big droids when they cast flamethrower. It wasn't possible to keep the team up on vet without that. Once you start interrupting it's quite easy. I couldn't complete this uprising btw. because the second bosses kept on resetting for some reason and then I came up with the brilliant idea, that there's this six lovely fragments you have to assemble and I did when they were resetting and there were suddenly three bosses... :D

Best regards,

Kalantris

You don't kill all the weak droids. All you do is kill the Eradicator doid, then everyone should be stunning, knocking down/back droids until the "Strong" Keeper droid spawns. You kill the Strong Keeper Droid and when it dies, it electrifies the rest of the droids, killing them instantly. You also need to be standing in the red circle that has the light orb because it provides an armor increase buff. You do this for 4 waves of droids. Priority is Eradicator droid then Strong Keeper Droid while standing in the red circle for armor buff.

Edited by Renata_Roselli

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.