Connection issue.

Gabrieltheninth

Well, as the name of the thread says.

Every evening (not the day, because I got no troubles until the evening comes) I get the huge lag spikes, every few seconds until the game finally decides to finish off the connection. (with 20 thousands ms.)

My network works pretty fine, so I'm sure it's none of the troubles on my 'side'.

Suggestions, please?:(

Edited by Gabrieltheninth

• 3 weeks later...
Not just him. Had problems yesterday late afternoon/evening & now. It's not ISP or routing, tracert and ping to the swtor server come back <60ms even while the client is sitting there with a red link for minutes. Then in-game events will catch up quickly - this is server side queue lag not internet latency.

I've been having the same issues and many people in the game are complaining as well. I used to have constant 37-47 ms rarely ever getting any spikes at all. Now, I'm getting spikes every single day some times to only 350-450 and other times higher around 1500-1600 and even 25000-125000 with the red dot of death and the red X of death. I have a good system on a fresh install and good connection on my end. When I did traces to see where the lag is coming from it was always the 8th to 10th jump on their servers with high lag and even time outs. This happens in solo play and in groups in all areas. I'm at my wits end in my ops group. Sometimes, I can't go more than a minute or two before the game is unresponsive due to lag spikes and dcing again. Other times I can last 10-15 minutes. Regardless, this is getting very frustrating. I really hope. They will be looking into this and doing something about it. I see at least a dozen different people in the chat each day complaining about lagging and dcing. Other than a few messages in the forums that went unanswered here and there, I'm not seeing all of those people complaining here. So do they expect their minds will be read or do they think their issues will be ignored? Why sit around complaining in the game to people who can't fix it at all, instead of coming here to let the support team know there are some issues? So then we would at least have a chance it would get fixed. Edited by AriaHimmelberg

• 2 weeks later...
I am having a similar issue. After a few minutes of gameplay, with normal 22-27ms latency, it spikes to 90k and rises rapidly. I have to completely reboot the game; it is unplayable. Discord continues running normally in the background, and none of my other MMOs have this problem. If it persists, I will have to uninstall and ask for a refund for my subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm experiencing the same problem! The game is unplayable! Usually I can play for like 10 mins. before the lag hits high and the game kicks me out of the server. I ran a tracert and there's a huge jump between the 8th and 9th connection so this is an issue from Bioware server. This needs to be fixed now!

I sent a message to customer service and got an automated reply telling me to "try these steps blah, blah.. " so tried a few but decided that most of the recommendations were not the issue for me. I checked the forums and saw many others complaining about this same problem. So I wrote another customer service message saying that I tried their tips and even checked forums like they said. And what kind of an answer I get?! .... .... The SAME F***ing pre-written note saying try these things!!! Seriously?! Do they even read the messages?! :mad: So pissed right now.

Don't see how this is going to be fixed since apparently no one actually reads the customer service feedback they receive but instead send the same response to everyone!:mad:

• 1 month later...
this started to happen to me today, driving me mad, not what I need after a very stressful day at work. just want to relax. never happened to me till today.. worked fine until I logged off, had a nap and came online. get about 5-10 mins then the spikes come.. the the red X, reset the hub, reset pc.. no change, doing my head in, think I sent a ticket, never had to before so no idea if its sent or what not. normally have 23/25ms but get 40k if I don't log out before.. what the heck happened after this patch :/ no one else I know is having this issue today

• 1 month later...

There isn't a smile big enough to add to this message. I'm very happy to report that the last few back end maintenances have done the trick and removed the problems with lagging and dcing that I had reported earlier. I didn't change anything on my end. So I'm quite happy this was resolved for the best.

I can finally raid without frustration again. "HUGE THANKS" to those who actually handle these issues and made this happen. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to the list, it Started on the 10/07 at around 1200hrs GMT and was unplayable for 2hrs, constant ping ranging up to 100,000 and then disconnection, unable to reconnected, or reconnect then disconnected again, then it ceased at around 1400hrs GMT.

It just began again now at about 2030hrs GMT on the 11/07; I've been unable to maintain a reliable connection for 20 minutes thus far.

• 4 months later...