Unassembled Pieces and Command Token Costs

EricMusco

The sign of a dying MMO is: too many currencies.

I thought 5.0 was great because it got rid of 4 currencies. Bringing the total in the game to something like 20 different currencies. But then they add back more currencies. The point is, no one cares about any of those currencies.

To fix:

1.) get rid of separate reputations replaced with: reputation.

2.) get rid of all currencies and just need: credits.

Simple enough. It is the best thing about new MMOs, that you do not need a PhD in advanced math, charts, spreadsheets, 3 extra monitors with google searches up, and a wall that looks like a police detective is trying to solve a cold case (see picture http://www.tinyinventions.com/blog/images/b_storyboard_crime.jpg)

*Credit spammer operative detected*...

"get rid of all currencies and just need: credits."

They need to just bring back the crystals instead of trying to price gouge their subscribers and people that have alts. This "making things simple" completely blew up in their faces.

You know, nobody complained about the currency - people complained because of stale content. They say they read the forums but it is only to moderate it, not actually care about what the people paying their salaries have to say.

Their greed is killing the game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel stupid asking but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with command tokens, as a solo player. Is there anything I'm supposed to do with them? And does gear still show up in the crates sometimes?

:confused:

If you don't want to run operations or warzones, nothing has changed for you. You can use the tokens to purchase CXP boosters. Other than that, I'm not sure there is any use for them.

Lastly, there are new Command XP Boosts that you can buy for Command Tokens. These boosts only work while a character is in a specified Tier. They provide a 15% boost which stacks with the new legacy perk but not the MTX boost. Here are their costs:

Tier 1 – 20

Tier 2 – 28

Tier 3 – 44

Ok, I just got a crate, and I think it gave me the option to disintegrate the tokens, maybe that's what I should do with them.

I looked at the legacy thing and it said I could spend money or tokens to unlock them but maybe I didn't have enough because I only got the option to use credits, no wait it says cartel coins not tokens.. my brain is hurting

Edited by grania

Yeah this post turns a bit out of topic but I need to vent some heat EricMusco

I think the whole thing reeks of bs. I remember when you said something about that the old system was "too complicated". that was indeed a good camoflauge for whats really going on. Changing class icons that we've gotten used to after 5 years (confusing) in order to make the game feel fresh without actually throwing out something worthy to be called MMO content. You've turned gearing into the new end game content, the whole thing stinks!

Gonna be interesting to see what comes out of this year. All these uprisings that we never asked for which are cool the first time around but gets old really fast. You're slowly killing other ways of getting CXP with every patch to enforce us to bend over and contribute to an active Uprising Group Finder Queue.

I can't speak for all but I really hope you don't look at the metrics later thinking "oh my god uprisings are a massive success look at the amount of player activity" - I think most ppl farm them for the CXP not because they actually find them entertaining. I actually enjoyed farming Karragga's Palace way more then all of these new uprisings togather - it felt like a good old fashion grind while in a nice raid group small talking inbetween the pulls.

I'm disgusted by how all the good looks and cool weapons end up on the Cartel Market while u throw out garbage and re paint old items with a new name inside these command crates (it was a sneaky move to remove all of the old classic gear drops from flashpoints). Just look at the new tier of gear called Eternal Commander and compare it to let's say the old Dark Reaver sets....what joke.

I get the feeling that you're on a really tight diet, minimizing costs and maximizing profit.

Fortunatelly for you I'm still hooked on the pvp aspects of this game since 5 years back thats why I'll never leave untill you pull the plug but don't take me for a fool I see you what ur doing and I don't like it. Whatever your puppet masters are telling you, I think you should step out and tell us what the hell is going on.

I will never invest in a new BioWare game again but I will keep supporting this one no matter how you treat me as a customer because I believe in this game and I want it to succeed.

Galactic Command is nothing more then a really complicated, eternal grinding gearing system to keep new "blind" players busy. I think Command Rank 100 was reasonable, I bet alot of ppl at bioware thought it was enough untill someone said "heey wait" why not increase it with an additional 200 levels while we throw out Command Boosters on the Cartel Market = $$$$.

Remember I don't put the blame on you EricMusco since you are a Community Manager not developer. I just want a yellow name to hear me out.

(take note that when I say "You" or "You're" I actually mean the whole company whos behind this game not you in person)

Edited by Gray

i don't like this new system. It is too complicated and forces people to play pvp & do ops on server populations that run from light to standard, if u are lucky. bergen colony is always light. When doing a project BW, u should employ the KISS principle, Keep It SimpleStupid!

With each new failure the developers have destroyed the game for PVPers and have made gearing such a grind that the game is no longer enjoyable. Thanks guys, good luck with your game when all the PVP players bail. Why don't you look at the math and see that by the time you have a full 230 set you'll have come out with 6.0. Way to go, if your attempt was to destroy PVP.

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Game Update 5.1 will introduce methods for you to work towards getting specific pieces of Tier gear. A big part of that will be from Unassembled Gear Pieces. Those Pieces can drop from Operations bosses or purchased from the new PvP vendor for Unassembled Components. Once you have the piece, you will need to bring it to a new vendor on the fleet where you can purchase that specific piece of gear. As an example, if you have a Tier 1 Unassembled Head Piece you will be able to come to the vendor and purchase any Tier 1 head piece of your choice. Each Unassembled Piece also has a Command Token cost to purchase them, let’s break those down. The costs will be listed by slot and then the Command Token cost by Tier (Tier 1/Tier 2/ Tier 3). Here they are:

• Chest – 10/15/24
  • Legs -10/15/24
  • Head -10/15/24
  • Hands -10/15/24
  • Feet -10/15/24
  • Waist – 7/10/15
  • Wrist - 7/10/15
  • Implant - 8/12/18
  • Earpiece – 8/12/18
  • Relic – 8/12/18
  • Mainhand – 12/18/28
  • Off-hand – 12/18/28

As a reminder, you earn Command Tokens in each Command Crate that you open. You earn them at the following rate per crate:

• Tier 1 – 5
  • Tier 2 – 8
  • Tier 3 – 12

Lastly, there are new Command XP Boosts that you can buy for Command Tokens. These boosts only work while a character is in a specified Tier. They provide a 15% boost which stacks with the new legacy perk but not the MTX boost. Here are their costs:

• Tier 1 – 20
  • Tier 2 – 28
  • Tier 3 – 44

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thought you quit and your sub expired...you aren't gonna pull a Dan and cry all over the forums of a game you don't play, are you?

Whilst I wouldn't endeavour to post in such a ad hominem manner as you have there I would be interested why Tsillah has resubbed. What motivated it being that BWA will view this as "GC success"?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why command tokens. It seems that the main ways of getting stuff are looting, command levels, and pieces of unassembled components. The command token seems to serve as a limiter for edge cases that would have been better limited somehow behind the scenes, instead of another currency.

At least this game has a whupass interface when you open stuff up. Not even being sarcastic, those effects are aces.

Edited by Verain

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The new system is already giving me a migraine. Why couldn't we just get tokens and turn them in for an armour piece once we have 'x' amount?

I suspect it's because they like giving us migraines, but who knows. Only BW can answer that.

• 4 months later...
Yeah this post turns a bit out of topic but I need to vent some heat EricMusco

I think the whole thing reeks of bs. I remember when you said something about that the old system was "too complicated". that was indeed a good camoflauge for whats really going on. Changing class icons that we've gotten used to after 5 years (confusing) in order to make the game feel fresh without actually throwing out something worthy to be called MMO content. You've turned gearing into the new end game content, the whole thing stinks!

Gonna be interesting to see what comes out of this year. All these uprisings that we never asked for which are cool the first time around but gets old really fast. You're slowly killing other ways of getting CXP with every patch to enforce us to bend over and contribute to an active Uprising Group Finder Queue.

I can't speak for all but I really hope you don't look at the metrics later thinking "oh my god uprisings are a massive success look at the amount of player activity" - I think most ppl farm them for the CXP not because they actually find them entertaining. I actually enjoyed farming Karragga's Palace way more then all of these new uprisings togather - it felt like a good old fashion grind while in a nice raid group small talking inbetween the pulls.

I'm disgusted by how all the good looks and cool weapons end up on the Cartel Market while u throw out garbage and re paint old items with a new name inside these command crates (it was a sneaky move to remove all of the old classic gear drops from flashpoints). Just look at the new tier of gear called Eternal Commander and compare it to let's say the old Dark Reaver sets....what joke.

I get the feeling that you're on a really tight diet, minimizing costs and maximizing profit.

Fortunatelly for you I'm still hooked on the pvp aspects of this game since 5 years back thats why I'll never leave untill you pull the plug but don't take me for a fool I see you what ur doing and I don't like it. Whatever your puppet masters are telling you, I think you should step out and tell us what the hell is going on.

I will never invest in a new BioWare game again but I will keep supporting this one no matter how you treat me as a customer because I believe in this game and I want it to succeed.

Galactic Command is nothing more then a really complicated, eternal grinding gearing system to keep new "blind" players busy. I think Command Rank 100 was reasonable, I bet alot of ppl at bioware thought it was enough untill someone said "heey wait" why not increase it with an additional 200 levels while we throw out Command Boosters on the Cartel Market = $$$$.

Remember I don't put the blame on you EricMusco since you are a Community Manager not developer. I just want a yellow name to hear me out.

(take note that when I say "You" or "You're" I actually mean the whole company whos behind this game not you in person)

Criminally underrated post.

• 3 months later...
hey, is that the only way to get unassembled pieces? i'm kind of a solo player who doesn't do operations or pvp, but i still want good and cool gear :D

For a solo player yes especially if you don't want to do pvp, operations or group activities but it will take you a longer time to get the gear you want that comes in the command boxes and the unassembled tokens take longer to get as those you only get when you disintegrate a item that has stats in it.

remember the good old days - when loot came from bosses and you could target individual bosses / raids in order to get the exact gear piece drop that you needed to progress your character? those were the days hahaha

ah. you can do that now.

remember the good old days - when loot came from bosses and you could target individual bosses / raids in order to get the exact gear piece drop that you needed to progress your character? those were the days hahaha

Specifically the gear the Tier 1 vendor sells, or any stat gear that comes in a crate?

So.... wait.

Does this mean I can take a handful of Unassembled Components somewhere on the fleet, use those to buy a... I dunno. Tier 2 Assembled Head Piece, take that piece of gear over to the Tier 2 class vendor, and buy a Tier 2 head piece with Command Tokens?

Man. I thought that massive stash of UC I've got sitting in my legacy storage had practically no use. :o

So.... wait.

Does this mean I can take a handful of Unassembled Components somewhere on the fleet, use those to buy a... I dunno. Tier 2 Assembled Head Piece, take that piece of gear over to the Tier 2 class vendor, and buy a Tier 2 head piece with Command Tokens?

Man. I thought that massive stash of UC I've got sitting in my legacy storage had practically no use. :o

yes but hold on to the shell if you remove the mods from yours as you will need the shell for the higher grade ones.