Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

Remind me, the previous system was considered broken... why exactly? Because I thought the crystal/comm vendor system was pretty awesome, actually, and all it needed was a few more ways to get crystals. It was simple, straightforward and offered a lot of player choice. Anyone that was seriously confused by it should simply be ignored as targeting the dumbest percentage of your player base is maybe not the most sound move for keeping your long-term players happy.

The funny thing is, we are taking basically the maximally painful way back towards what was already in place, and so before burning through much more of the userbase, it might make sense to think about why someone thought this was a good idea at all.

It was broken because it allowed people to gear up their characters and alts faster than BW could put out new content. So rather than create more content, they throw some token levels at us, give us a solo story that is worth playing once and basically reset our gear so we have to grind it out again, just so we can do the same Ops we have been doing for the last 2+ years. They would much rather increase the grind, thinking it will keep people longer because it will take so much longer to gear up.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically you've STEALTH NERFED THE DROPS from command crates, and I've got more than 90 levels past 300 without ONE SINGLE 240 or 242 DROP PIECE THAT ISNT REPEATED.

Now you've created this new system for gearing to replace the insane grind that was command rank to 300. This new system is just EVEN WORSE for gearing.

HOW ARE THE DEVELOPERS OF TIHS GAME NOT FIRED YET?

Guess what? I'm going to send emails to your board of directors, and inform them just how incompetent you actually are. Private message me and I'll send those email addresses out to anyone else who would like to FLOOD their company BoD with emails calling for the firing of Musco and the rest of these incompetent devs who refuse to listen to the community and are only interested in lining their own pockets.

Edited by Equities

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Components are a way for PvP players to work towards a specific piece of gear. First we will talk about how many Components you get from playing PvP and then I will show you the costs of each item from the vendor.

This list is how many Unassembled Components you get based on the content you play:

• 5 - Warzone Win
  • 2 - Warzone Loss
  • 3 - Arena Win
  • 1 - Arena Loss
  • 5 - Solo Ranked Win
  • 2 - Solo Ranked Loss
  • 8 - Group Ranked Win
  • 3 - Group Ranked Loss
  • 8 - GSF Win
  • 3 - GSF Loss

Now let’s talk about item costs from the vendor. The following costs are to purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces:

• Chest - 100
  • Legs - 100
  • Head - 100
  • Hands - 100
  • Feet - 100
  • Waist - 75
  • Wrist - 75
  • Implant - 80
  • Earpiece - 80
  • Relic - 80
  • Mainhand - 120
  • Off-hand - 120

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. Here are the Tier 2 and 3 costs:

• Chest – 150/225
  • Legs – 150/225
  • Head – 150/225
  • Hands – 150/225
  • Feet – 150/225
  • Waist – 115/175
  • Wrist – 115/175
  • Implant – 120/180
  • Earpiece – 120/180
  • Relic – 120/180
  • Mainhand – 180/270
  • Off-hand – 180/270

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

1)Will the WZ Components be retro active like their pve counterparts? It still seems very grindy. It would be one thing if RNG was a little better. But Ive been tier 3 for a while and cant recall ever seeing a weapon. But i get the same pieces over and over again.

2) is it possible for tier pieces to be based on their armoring/barrel/hilt etc? Some of us didn't keep our shell gears. But I rarely throw out a tier set armoring or lesser tier barrel.

3) Off topic any thoughts on relics not proccing in pvp? Proccing doesn't seemed to be based on the description. some work some don't.

It's your right to play the game how you want, I'm mostly just baffled that you actually want to play and gear that many chars at once. I truly enjoy my main, but I'm still leveling alts because I want to see all the stories and such. Even still as just leveling them I feel like I'm wasting time doing that as I should be grinding cxp on my main.

I overall dislike the current system as much as the next person, maybe I'm just lucky that I don't feel the need to grind every possible class up to max and gear them all in t3.

In 4.0 I played 3 characters pretty regularly in Raids and a couple more once in a while. I main a DPS, but used a tank to fill in when we were short a tank and a healer to fill in when we were short a healer. We could usually pug a DPS, but tanks and healers are not at all common. Even with 5.1 I would still be forced to concentrate on my DPS, so when we're short a healer or tank, we wouldn't be running. Well, with 5.0/5.1 my team will be short 5 people within the next 4 weeks, me included. I hope BW is happy with what they've done to the game. I won't pay for it, I won't pay for this sort of utter garbage.

Unfortunately, the gear costs are too high for this token system to ease any of the pain that galactic command introduced. This solution sounds great until you see these values and then you go hmmm...so they are listening but not understanding. Unless they change the gear costs by like a significant margin they aren't going to fix a thing

They hung everything on GC. They promised EA it would increase subs and keep subs playing. It's failing miserably but Ben and crowd aren't willing to admit the mistake. They don't understand that what keeps people playing is real, repeatable content. Long grinds to nowhere aren't going to do it. Grinds like GC aren't going to do it even if they release 20 ops in the next 6 months. Go back to gearing like 3.0, release a new op in the next 30 days and one every six months after that and there would be a lot of people paying and playing. Add in a new flashpoint or two along with the ops and a new PVP map at least once a year and they would be on the right track. I don't think they have anyone who understands GSF anymore, so the odds of that getting anything new are pretty slim, and you probably don't want them screwing with it now, they might just totally break it, too.

This doesn't make sense Eric, you have made one of the most alt friendly games to date. Global rep, legacy gear, the bonus XP weekends, story leveling, shared housing and probably more I cant think of. So now with a grind like this, you are nullifying all of that.

I really don't see how this gets past testing, you are contradicting yourself with the new gearing system.....

Remind me, the previous system was considered broken... why exactly? Because I thought the crystal/comm vendor system was pretty awesome, actually, and all it needed was a few more ways to get crystals. It was simple, straightforward and offered a lot of player choice. Anyone that was seriously confused by it should simply be ignored as targeting the dumbest percentage of your player base is maybe not the most sound move for keeping your long-term players happy.

The funny thing is, we are taking basically the maximally painful way back towards what was already in place, and so before burning through much more of the userbase, it might make sense to think about why someone thought this was a good idea at all.

GC had nothing to do with making gearing simple. That was an excuse (I'll be nice and not call it a flat lie) nothing more. GC was aimed at keeping subs subbed and forcing more players to sub. From the look of server populations, increasing queue times, the number of people who said they were leaving and are not posting anything anymore and the panic induces extra live streams and survey, I would say they failed miserably but don't have the stones to admit it to us or EA. IMO, all that will save this game is totally cleaning house at BWA or giving the game to a different studio and hiring a producer who understand working with the community to make the game a success for everyone.

GC had nothing to do with making gearing simple. That was an excuse (I'll be nice and not call it a flat lie) nothing more. GC was aimed at keeping subs subbed and forcing more players to sub. From the look of server populations, increasing queue times, the number of people who said they were leaving and are not posting anything anymore and the panic induces extra live streams and survey, I would say they failed miserably but don't have the stones to admit it to us or EA. IMO, all that will save this game is totally cleaning house at BWA or giving the game to a different studio and hiring a producer who understand working with the community to make the game a success for everyone.

Just as an aside:

I Was There (<---Old-ish EVE-meme) during the so-called "Summer of Rage" in EVE-Online (June/July 2011). Sad, bitter business, that.

This is looking almost as bad as that, except for one key thing:

CCPGames pulled its head out of its arse in time, which is arguably why I even still have an EVE-Online to go back to. This didn't come without cost though, something like 20% of CCP's staff had to be axed when all was said and done.

I'm quite sure that few or none of this dev-team will survive the eventual axing, here, and they will have brought it completely upon themselves.:

They refuse to listen. Just utterly refuse.

They have never, since pre-launch, even pretended to want to listen.

Unlike those poor CCP people, these fools deserve 100% of what they get.

This list is how many Unassembled Components you get based on the content you play:

• 5 - Warzone Win

Now let’s talk about item costs from the vendor. The following costs are to purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces:

• Chest - 100 - 20 Wins
  • Legs - 100 - 20 wins
  • Head - 100 - 20 wins
  • Hands - 100 - 20 wins
  • Feet - 100 - 20 wins
  • Waist - 75 - 15 wins
  • Wrist - 75 - 15 wins
  • Implant - 80 - 16 wins
  • Earpiece - 80 - 16 wins
  • Relic - 80 - 16 wins
  • Mainhand - 120 - 24 wins
  • Off-hand - 120 - 24 wins

226 normal warzone wins at 5 components per win in order to get a full set of Teir 1?

Hey folks,

[...]

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. [...]

-eric

Hi Eric,

there is one thing I do not get - when upgrading to Tier 2, will I lose the original Tier 1 Chest Piece? I always swap better items from new gear to old one. This way it is cheaper, you do not have to augment it again. Will I lose my original augmented gear? What if it is unique?

Regards,

Maciek

- said guy who crying with others becuase cant get nice gear from galactic command few days after 5.0 lauched? Because cant understand tier 3 only get gear what you want and better rage go on than realize what true galactic command hiding? This is pointless rage and pathetic attitude. And i didnt write "solo player" to make it a important thing in this conversation. I writed about ppl with rage about update.

WZ should be as fair as possible for all participants; gear should not be the primary determinant of wining. This is why bolster was created and why PvP gear prices were reduced. The CXP grind is 180 to that and the band aid; UC, does nothing to eliminate the grind. I am GC 25 on one of my toons that does not have old set pieces and so far I got 1, thus no functional bonuses. This easy around 75 WZs played. The set bonus currently is the biggest gear disadvantage I have. The UC is supposed to eliminate this issue, and it wont, thus they are useless.

And to be clear for you, other clueless posters, devs and clueless devs: SET BONUSES SHOULD BE SUPER EASY TO OBTAIN BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO ELIMINATE THE POWER GAP THEY CREATE BETWEEN PLAYERS UNLESS YOU HAVE THEM. Is it f**kin clear?

Edited by Ottoattack

Two things still suck about this process:

1) Getting screwed for vendoring the empty shells of the gear I've already acquired

2) You're still screwed by getting multiple occurrences of the same piece ... BW should at least allow player to turn in any Tier 1 piece for a Tier 2 piece. That would alleviate the issue of duplicate pieces.

Hi Eric,

there is one thing I do not get - when upgrading to Tier 2, will I lose the original Tier 1 Chest Piece? I always swap better items from new gear to old one. This way it is cheaper, you do not have to augment it again. Will I lose my original augmented gear? What if it is unique?

Regards,

Maciek

That shouldn't be a concern.. anyone whos played swtor in the last 4 years knows to have a set of augmented gear they use so they can save the trade in pieces.. If you want to look cool in the new armor you just throw it in the outfit slot and replace it with the new shell after trade in.

So Unassembled Components can only be earned by PvP, GSF or by doing operations?

What about "Do the content you like..."? What about flashpoints?

Galactic Command has almost killed flashpoints at all since it is so much easier and faster to grind cp by doing pvp.

And now you give people one more reason to stop doing flashpoints?

Flashpoints: worse cp for the time spend (no Unassembled Components)

PvP: better cp for the time spend + Unassembled Components

Thank you for killing the content that I always liked the most.

Every activity that grants cp should also grant Unassembled Components!

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

-

So much hatred .. pointless. You have what you want and still crying. Plz Devs ignore them. There is no point to argue with ppl who start rage mode BEFORE all informations will show up or with ppl who are to lazy to play and didnt care about incoming content like Devs yesterday writed. Sorry for my bad english.

Im solo player and i enjoy every minute in this game. Like this changes and cant wait for patch, thanks.

~Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

Dear Ben.

Please listen to this poster.

We now know your goal is to kill this game as fast as possible so if you listen to players like this you will get your goal of having just 10 people on each server and the game will die and you won't have to go through such a long winded, complicated process as you have been with 4.0/5.0

Thanks.

Obviously people are going to be gearing alts in this manner, as it saves the initial CXP grind. So, it's not supplementary at all.

You would be crazy to try and level anything in this manner, the time sink is still insane.

If you love PVP so much that 100's of hours sounds like fun then cool - bonus. If not, go play something else.

Hopefully people remember gaming needs to be fun and if ANY of this feels like forced grinding taking away from your ability to have fun in this game ... vote with your wallets and play something else.

Hi Eric,

Regards,

Maciek

Also can we remove the mod/enhancement and still trade it? Would suck if it had to be in it's original state because now at least even if it's repeat GC drop we can use the enhancement/mods.

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Components are a way for PvP players to work towards a specific piece of gear. First we will talk about how many Components you get from playing PvP and then I will show you the costs of each item from the vendor.

• 5 - Warzone Win
  • 2 - Warzone Loss
  • 3 - Arena Win
  • 1 - Arena Loss
  • 5 - Solo Ranked Win
  • 2 - Solo Ranked Loss
  • 8 - Group Ranked Win
  • 3 - Group Ranked Loss
  • 8 - GSF Win
  • 3 - GSF Loss

• Chest - 100
  • Legs - 100
  • Head - 100
  • Hands - 100
  • Feet - 100
  • Waist - 75
  • Wrist - 75
  • Implant - 80
  • Earpiece - 80
  • Relic - 80
  • Mainhand - 120
  • Off-hand - 120

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. Here are the Tier 2 and 3 costs:

• Chest – 150/225
  • Legs – 150/225
  • Head – 150/225
  • Hands – 150/225
  • Feet – 150/225
  • Waist – 115/175
  • Wrist – 115/175
  • Implant – 120/180
  • Earpiece – 120/180
  • Relic – 120/180
  • Mainhand – 180/270
  • Off-hand – 180/270

-eric

I will try to be polite. You must be out of your gosh darn mind. Put everything back to 4.0 exactly as it was before you broke it. Add Cyrstals to the command crates. Call it a *********** day and stop breaking **** that's not broken.

BTW, the system updated my verbiage, but I hope you get the *********** point.

Warzone/GSF/etc. losses should only get the same as a win or at the very least only one piece less. You already get less of a CXP reward for loosing anyway (I also find this isn't a good idea, as it will only make the power difference between the mostly winning side and mostly loosing side bigger and the most inning side will always be stronger with the mostly loosing side having it harder and harder to catch up). On some servers the PVP is so lopsided, getting far less for playing with the loosing side will only drive people away and/or quit the match when it's obvious they are loosing (it often happens now, too) and warzones and GSF won't pop much anymore.

By the way, do you also get Unassembled Pieces awarded for Daily/weekly PVP/GSF missions? One should get a bunch of those, just like it was previously with commendations.

Also, the rewards need to be increased by alot or at least the requirement for having a previous Tier version to get a higher Tier one axed.

The system how you present it now is not fun, and a game is supposed to be fun. Make changes before it's release so the system is enjoyable and friendly to everyone. The more people enjoy the game, the more they will play it. Grinding like mad is not an answer, same as RNG.

Edited by Glzmo

The ops drops aren't bringing ops players back. Used to be 1 piece per boss. Now it's one piece per 2.5 bosses (the random drop on the intermediate bosses is a pipe dream.) An 8 man team needs 112 pieces at 2 pieces per op (and some of the pieces you need are on bosses you need the pieces to have a decent chance of clearing) so that's 56 operations, at most likely 2 a week for the average team, so that's 28 weeks or more than 6 months to get an 8 man team in basic gear, assuming no multiple night tries on the same boss which happens a lot as teams learn bosses. And that assumes people have the hours to spend to get the GC boxes to get the tokens that go with the drops so they can actually have gear. At 1.5 to 2 hours per GC level, I'll let you do that math.

This have baked, ill-conceived "fix" is not going to bring back ops players or get people to resub. It just isn't. Whoever came up with this "fix" thinks people are stupid enough to believe it's a real fix and not just a way to hide Galactic Command.

For real.... Bioware please... we know you worked hard on GC... or maybe you didn't and you're just sitting on your phones all day. Regardless its a failure... and this half ***ed attempt at a fix is getting you more negative feedback than I've ever seen on your forum posts in the past. Bring back expertise, bring back 1 PEICE PER BOSS FOR. **** SAKE and repurposed galactic command into something that works... or leave it alone and let ppl have a 2 percent chance of actually getting a peice of gear from it... By the way... most of your raiders are already gone. To fix that you need new ops... beating the crap out of master blaster again and again gets old real quick. We've dealt with the other raids for 4 years now... time for new content.

Just as an aside:

I Was There (<---Old-ish EVE-meme) during the so-called "Summer of Rage" in EVE-Online (June/July 2011). Sad, bitter business, that.

This is looking almost as bad as that, except for one key thing:

CCPGames pulled its head out of its arse in time, which is arguably why I even still have an EVE-Online to go back to. This didn't come without cost though, something like 20% of CCP's staff had to be axed when all was said and done.

I'm quite sure that few or none of this dev-team will survive the eventual axing, here, and they will have brought it completely upon themselves.:

They refuse to listen. Just utterly refuse.

They have never, since pre-launch, even pretended to want to listen.

Unlike those poor CCP people, these fools deserve 100% of what they get.

Good... Arizona Cardinals did the same thing and saw results for a few years... only this time the only competition that's these incompetents will have is themselves...

Good...

Listen to your community... stop trying to fix what isn't broken... and stop PANDERING to the solo community... in case you've forgotten you run an MMO not some BS Solo Mode game... we're here because MMO means community.

It means PvP.

It means raids.

And you haven't given one SECOND of attention to any of it. Keep it up bioware. Keep relying in your cartel market while you choke us out... good job.

I want every Dev to read this entire thread and using adult language provide this thread with a one paragraph essay on each of their personal opinions on why Galactic Command should stay and why they give us information AFTER they've decided to impliment it instead of sending out polls on twitter or Facebook and at the very least the occasional live stream featuring 2 Devs that actually play with some level of skill.