Galactic Command Gearing Changes, 5.1 and Beyond

EricMusco

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New "Ops"? Ummm shouldn't queue times be fixed before addressing new ops. I mean yea op teams run their usual grind and que isn't a concern for them. But for us solo players we have to sit and que for an eternity to possibly get a pop. But problem once it pops, loser players leave the group after one wipe or cry its too hard. Que should be addressed new ops won't mean crap for players like myself because nothing pops. Sure I joined guilds but they seem to only run with a certain group within the guild. Normal mmos i could get a pop and just do a run. In tor seems like u have to fill out an application with 5 references to get a op run smh.

5.1 feels incredibly underwhelming in any improvements to the gear grind.

After 2 months with this system doesn't seem to deliver the necessary changes to draw people back or keep them playing.

It won't. It's just smoke and mirrors in an attempt to keep people from continuing to bail out. They've been given lots of feedback and the vast majority is negative but Ben and his senior team won't admit a mistake, they think if they just stick with it things will be OK. They're wrong, but by the time they figure it out it'll be more than a little too late. I gave them my final attempt at suggestions to help here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911737 , instead of reading it, they moved it to Suggestions so it will fade away and die, like all the feedback they moved to off-topic after they specifically asked for feedback.

If they aren't announcing a huge change to gearing in the stream Thursday, I will go click the unsub button, I've already removed my payment info, but I want to give them the feedback as to why I am leaving. Unfortunately, it won't let me put in the 6 pages I sent to EA execs already.

New "Ops"? Ummm shouldn't queue times be fixed before addressing new ops. I mean yea op teams run their usual grind and que isn't a concern for them. But for us solo players we have to sit and que for an eternity to possibly get a pop. But problem once it pops, loser players leave the group after one wipe or cry its too hard. Que should be addressed new ops won't mean crap for players like myself because nothing pops. Sure I joined guilds but they seem to only run with a certain group within the guild. Normal mmos i could get a pop and just do a run. In tor seems like u have to fill out an application with 5 references to get a op run smh.

Queue tomes are simply going to get worse as more people leave. If they consolidate everything down to one server, it would help dramatically, for a while, but then they also have to admit they no longer have the player base they currently pretend to have. BW can't do anything else to fix queue times. They've been driving players away since they announced 4.0, more when 4.0 dropped, more when they announced gearing for 5.0 and a lot more since 5.0 launched. They aren't willing to listen to the feedback they've received, so it's not going to get any better.

Galactic Command Gearing Alt-unfriendly

One of the biggest concerns expressed is Galactic Command forces a player into working only on one character. Although that wasn’t our intention, we agree with you. For starters, in 5.1 we are implementing the Legacy-wide currency of Command Tokens, legacy bound boosts you can purchase with Command Tokens, and the legacy perk to speed up leveling. We know that isn’t enough, so we are exploring additional options so that when you are playing any character, there is a way to potentially provide benefit to all other characters in your legacy as well. I have no specifics to share at this time, but I am working to have more details available for our January 26th Livestream.

Short of making Galactic Command legacy wide, why not remove set gear and add legacy bound unassembled gear pieces in the command crates? Folks who have received more than 2 of the same gear piece have nothing to do with them but disintegrate or rip out the mods/enhancements, seems like a waste. This might alleviate some of the alt unfriendliness.

Command Rank Leveling Speed

We monitor Command Ranks across the game, along with player feedback on the rate at which players are leveling. The Legacy perk and additional boost will help speed up leveling, but we will continue to review. Let’s see how it feels after 5.1. We’ll discuss with you and make further adjustments, if needed.

CXP leveling speed should not come at a cost to the player. Obviously it's optional, but if the system is slow by design, it should be improved, not supplemented. I still don't understand why all mobs don't count for some points. Weak mobs should be 1 pt, Strong 3, Elites 5, and keep Champs at 20 or lower to 15. Lower the weekly cap some if you have to, but I don't see a point to it now.

Queue tomes are simply going to get worse as more people leave. If they consolidate everything down to one server, it would help dramatically, for a while, but then they also have to admit they no longer have the player base they currently pretend to have. BW can't do anything else to fix queue times. They've been driving players away since they announced 4.0, more when 4.0 dropped, more when they announced gearing for 5.0 and a lot more since 5.0 launched. They aren't willing to listen to the feedback they've received, so it's not going to get any better.

That makes sense. Even taking out uprisings would help. Seem like everyone milks story mode ups and refuse to Que anything else. FP use to pop a lot more prior to 5.0. Take those uprisings and turn them into new FP may have been better option. They need to make adjustments to help. Only thing that pops is pvp. All this Pve content is useless if u can't que up. I don't mind pvp but 15 wins for 75 tokens to get a unassembled gear piece is a bit outrageous. Whatever they can do to fix, help, band aid...etc ques needs to be addressed. Que, Pve content, then gear looting is the order they should have worked in. Buts its EA after all. I was happy with my pvp gear til it got wiped smh. Trying to Pve but its not happening per usual.

Not happening as theres literally nobody left to leave in the first place, all you have now is bunch of star wars nerds who play the game "just because"

I came back after 5,0 to and it was bad, but playable. Now though? They are LITERALLY punishing you for leading a productive life. GG BW. I am OUT. And so is half my guild, and from what I cansee half the forums, and half the red eclipse server.

It's just me or i'll have to play with 1 toon only for at least 6 months to TRY gearing him up while my others 16+ toon will have to wait to 6.0 ?

I'm mostly pvp player and there is no way i can gear up all my toons.

#rip

I unsubbed last night because of this. Because this is just ridiculous. I suggest everyone that is an ops or pvp player to do the same.

Played since launch with a few breaks waiting on new content, real life stuff etc. Final straw for me as its just not possible to gear up alts etc that have had time and money devoted to them along the SWTOR journey. Sad but seems the value we placed in our characters is not the same value BW place in their customers, sub runs out in 1 month and that is that I shall go retire my characters to the Skellig Islands (Luke's location at end of FA). May the force be with you all.

And bolster nerfed too lol, Head in *** BW.

Edited by Depaor

Until and unless they remove rng completely this game will continue to be less then it could be.

That might mean it has come time to look at changing those who are preventing that from happen from possitions where they can prevent it. But whatever it takes removing rng needs to be the primary focus from here on out.

Also come on could they test their code some before releasing it, 5.1 was deployed so messed up.....

It's just me or i'll have to play with 1 toon only for at least 6 months to TRY gearing him up while my others 16+ toon will have to wait to 6.0 ?

I'm mostly pvp player and there is no way i can gear up all my toons.

#rip

Yep, either that or find another game and start having fun again. There are many to choose from.

Let's get one thing straight, I love this game, been playing since pre-release, however this gearing grind is absurd.

I play most aspects of the game, PvE, PvP, FP's, Raids etc etc. But this new gearing method is putting a damper on the core objective, which is to reach end game.

PVP tokens are low in comparison, 5 for a win, 2 for a loss. same in Ranked. If you solely play pvp, you have to complete over 1000 wz's, and win all of them for one character to gain tier 3 gear. That is an insane amount of grinding.

Ops, final boss guarantees a loot drop. Ok, fine, but in an 8 man raid, the other 6 players are screwed, then they have to wait a week for a chance to gain loot in that raid.

Last night for example, EV HM, KP HM, TFB HM, all completed and zero drops throughout all 3 raids. I understand that it is the roll of the dice, but seriously? If you are not able to gain anything, how can you progress.

Opened over 100 command boxes, and finally i have a golden piece of gear. One, yes one single piece of golden gear.

Gearing is a pain, it is lengthy, and it is boring, and very very monotonous. We are now restricted to a single toon for gearing, which is counter-productive when you like playing various characters of either faction.

Who ever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired, have his clothes removed, given a small needle and loads of thread, then told he has to "gear up/sow an new outfit" before he can walk out.

WHY Can we not trade in level 1 gear that we did get by the Grace of GOD and turn in to get tier 2 But NO you need a unassembled peace Who DUMB idea was that HOW STUPID......................OH wait Stupid IS E/A BW middle name silly me I forgot

Let's get one thing straight, I love this game, been playing since pre-release, however this gearing grind is absurd.

I play most aspects of the game, PvE, PvP, FP's, Raids etc etc. But this new gearing method is putting a damper on the core objective, which is to reach end game.

PVP tokens are low in comparison, 5 for a win, 2 for a loss. same in Ranked. If you solely play pvp, you have to complete over 1000 wz's, and win all of them for one character to gain tier 3 gear. That is an insane amount of grinding.

Ops, final boss guarantees a loot drop. Ok, fine, but in an 8 man raid, the other 6 players are screwed, then they have to wait a week for a chance to gain loot in that raid.

Last night for example, EV HM, KP HM, TFB HM, all completed and zero drops throughout all 3 raids. I understand that it is the roll of the dice, but seriously? If you are not able to gain anything, how can you progress.

Opened over 100 command boxes, and finally i have a golden piece of gear. One, yes one single piece of golden gear.

Gearing is a pain, it is lengthy, and it is boring, and very very monotonous. We are now restricted to a single toon for gearing, which is counter-productive when you like playing various characters of either faction.

Who ever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired, have his clothes removed, given a small needle and loads of thread, then told he has to "gear up/sow an new outfit" before he can walk out.

Pretty much this. A lot of us love the game but the 180 in direction from 4.0 is off putting. Bottom line it's not fun. Why they thought it would be is baffling, it's hard to believe they actually play the game.

We've stayed through bugs, content droughts, server merges, f2p, through all of it. Yet 5.0 and 5.1 has been the last straw for many vet players whom just want to continue enjoying the content they enjoyed in 4.0 on their mains and alts yet cannot, at least competitively.

BW needs to stop dicking around and make substantial changes to GC to ensure gearing at a much better pace. They will do it at some point yet they drag it out and with each noneeponse and miss step, eg the bolster nerf, lose long time loyal players.

Today's stream: Oh next week we will tell you an idea. Which will then take 3 weeks to deploy. That is too long, the frustration grows daily.

Why don't they just up the CXP amounts and the drop rates of gear?

At the very least for T1 and T2, maybe T3, keep legendary at a grind. Most people would be happy to get their toons geared at close to their peers and will move on to alts and activities they actaully enjoy and have fun playing the game again.

I have seen where I really need to put in my advice. I think 5.0 is not as fun to play due to the lack of RNG and gearing. I personally think you need to really re-evaluate which bosses drop loot etc. If a raid group that actually still does play this game you would have to do 4 operations each week just for each person to get ONE piece of gear. Oh and swapping on alts to make gearing any faster is out of the RNG you created that is worse then anything you ever did with loot. I mean how many MMO's have thought it was a good idea to have operations without loot intentionally? I think it's really the wrong direction completely. I personally understand how you have buffed every raid and 4.0 made gearing the easiest it was ever however you need to strike the balance in gearing in 2.0 and 3.0. So what should we do? I think first and for most you need to have the last two bosses drop gear of each operation. I think the harder the content ie HM or NiM the odds of loot dropping should be even higher. Don't you want people to have fun when they play your game?

I have seen where I really need to put in my advice. I think 5.0 is not as fun to play due to the lack of RNG and gearing. I personally think you need to really re-evaluate which bosses drop loot etc. If a raid group that actually still does play this game you would have to do 4 operations each week just for each person to get ONE piece of gear. Oh and swapping on alts to make gearing any faster is out of the RNG you created that is worse then anything you ever did with loot. I mean how many MMO's have thought it was a good idea to have operations without loot intentionally? I think it's really the wrong direction completely. I personally understand how you have buffed every raid and 4.0 made gearing the easiest it was ever however you need to strike the balance in gearing in 2.0 and 3.0. So what should we do? I think first and for most you need to have the last two bosses drop gear of each operation. I think the harder the content ie HM or NiM the odds of loot dropping should be even higher. Don't you want people to have fun when they play your game?

Nice and to the point.

CXP is a game killer for casual players like myself, the grind is just too much. It doesn't make me want to play your game more, in fact it's caused me to start playing other games & care less because I have no chance of keeping up. Here are my recommendations:

------

1). Bring back the old gearing system for ops in addition to GC. I can guess that EA made you kill it so to artificially increase the life-spam of old/new content. I get why you did it as it's obvious your staff has been cut in half (or less) & cannot create content at a fraction of the pace of other MMOs on the market.

2). You said you wanted to make gearing simpler with GC & CXP (not true likely, see #1), but the new token system is even more complicated than the old token system (which wasn't that bad). So, stick with your design philosophy & keep the token-less model. Instead, implement an "experience" based system that can be used on one gear slot at a time. Fill up a bar....get a piece of gear...select a new slot. Or, get the piece you were looking for randomly via GC, pick another slot & start over. Each tier of gear could require more XP or CXP -- simple. Simple is good, but an excessive grind is not.

Regards,

~Lecto-Sama

Seriously fix the damn Gear venders so it ACCEPTS all 230-236 gear as trading, it currently DOES NOT you want people to GRIND for months on end to components when the turn in for DAMN 230-236 gears doesnt work majority of gear... cause the vender dont SEE majority of that gear as being in our inventory......

IS BW trying to run people off? or just incompetent when comes to testing things to make sure they work right.

if this take month for more to fix you should all be fired.

Grind hours on end to get crate that is gona give crap cause the RNG BW was told to not do or grind months on end to get gear threw vender that dont work right cause you cant trading the majority of the gear.... those some great choices

Edited by Kyuuu

Seriously fix the damn Gear venders so it ACCEPTS all 230-236 gear as trading, it currently DOES NOT you want people to GRIND for months on end to components when the turn in for DAMN 230-236 gears doesnt work majority of gear... cause the vender dont SEE majority of that gear as being in our inventory......

IS BW trying to run people off? or just incompetent when comes to testing things to make sure they work right.

if this take month for more to fix you should all be fired.

Grind hours on end to get crate that is gona give crap cause the RNG BW was told to not do or grind months on end to get gear threw vender that dont work right cause you cant trading the majority of the gear.... those some great choices

crafted 230 are not tradeable

Im not talking about crafted I talking about Command Crate 230-236 gear (artifact-Legnedary) If i was talking a crafted I would of said crafted

Think your mainly referring to 234 pieces, because trading in a 230 purple gear from the crate works every time, unless your missing the necessary Unassembled components, or the tokens to transfer. However 234 gear, and 240 gear can not be upgraded, and to be blunt that is garbage. At least make them upgradable to the same tier of gold. For example: 234 purple piece upgrades to gold 236.