Galactic Command Gearing Changes, 5.1 and Beyond

EricMusco

Eric,

First off, thank you and the team for listening and working to improve Galactic Command.

That said, you STILL are missing it when it*comes to alts. GC Rank MUST be*Legacy wide, anything short of that is destructive to alt play.* If GC Rank is not Legacy Wide playing more than one character will always be dividing your effort and therefore your progress.* Even if there is a bonus or catchup mechanic, the Alt will be advancing lower tiers, and preventing the main from advancing higher tiers. If Command Rank is Legacy wide I can jump on an alt and feel good about playing because I am advancing my Legacy. Currently playing an alt just means my main is stagnating. Again, there is no*catchup mechanic that can fix this,*Command Rank must be legacy wide.

CXP perks need to also be Legacy Wide, expecting players to spend*millions of credits over*a dozen characters*isn't acceptable.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

First off, thank you and the team for listening and working to improve Galactic Command.

That said, you STILL are missing it when it*comes to alts. GC Rank MUST be*Legacy wide, anything short of that is destructive to alt play.* If GC Rank is not Legacy Wide playing more than one character will always be dividing your effort and therefore your progress.* Even if there is a bonus or catchup mechanic, the Alt will be advancing lower tiers, and preventing the main from advancing higher tiers. If Command Rank is Legacy wide I can jump on an alt and feel good about playing because I am advancing my Legacy. Currently playing an alt just means my main is stagnating. Again, there is no*catchup mechanic that can fix this,*Command Rank must be legacy wide.

CXP perks need to also be Legacy Wide, expecting players to spend*millions of credits over*a dozen characters*isn't acceptable.

How exactly would legacy wide GC levels work? If Johnny is playing on his mercenary and gains a GC level, does that automatically give EVERY one of his characters PRESENT AND FUTURE a command box? Or does only his mercenary get the command box?

Johnny gets to GC level 180 on his mercenary, He hits level cap on his juggernaut. Does his juggernaut automatically get 180 command boxes? and the 180 command tokens that would go with those boxes? Johnny then creates a sniper and level that to level cap.

As for CXP boosts, I don't believe that any of the other XP boosts are legacy wide, so I see no reason why CXP boosts should be legacy wide. As for cost, credits rain from the sky in this game. This game could always use more optional credit sinks, and the CXP boosts would be optional credit sinks.

Eric,

Completely agree with this, well said.

How exactly would legacy wide GC levels work? If Johnny is playing on his mercenary and gains a GC level, does that automatically give EVERY one of his characters PRESENT AND FUTURE a command box? Or does only his mercenary get the command box?

Johnny gets to GC level 180 on his mercenary, He hits level cap on his juggernaut. Does his juggernaut automatically get 180 command boxes? and the 180 command tokens that would go with those boxes? Johnny then creates a sniper and level that to level cap.

I don't see any reason why it would be retroactive per character. It would work the same was the Legacy XP system does; any content you do on any (Level 70) character increases the CXP level of your legacy (one bar for the whole legacy). When you hit a new CXP level, the character you're on at that moment gets the command crate. The command crates should also be made bound-to-legacy, so you can send it to whichever toon you wish to use it on, regardless of which one you happen to be playing when you hit the new level.

This way you still get gear at the same rate, but no matter which character you're playing, you're increasing your entire legacy's cxp level. This system would just allow you to decide which toon you wish to focus on, without requiring you to play that toon exclusively. Additionally, once you're done gearing up whichever character you're prioritizing, you can then start focusing on gearing up your alts by sending them any further Tier 3 crates, without having to start the 180+ tier grind all over again on them.

I would also highly recommend increasing the amount of CXP you're awarded from disintegrating a set bonus piece to 1,000 to 2,000 command points. That way when someone gets a duplicate set piece, instead of being frustrated and disappointed, they at least get the consolation of knowing it'll help them advance to the next crate a little more quickly.

Edited by Aravail

As for CXP boosts, I don't believe that any of the other XP boosts are legacy wide, so I see no reason why CXP boosts should be legacy wide. As for cost, credits rain from the sky in this game. This game could always use more optional credit sinks, and the CXP boosts would be optional credit sinks.

They would be separate, earning a level would be legacy wide, earning a box would be per character.

None of the other boosts are required to not make the game a Korean Grinder. I don't care if they are expensive, I just want a buy once and be done with it option. I think all perks should offer that.

Edited by MaximusRex

Hello,

I feel dumb, I can't understand all these numbers and equations.

Anyone could pretty please tell me in 2-3 lines what am I meant to do in PvP to get tier 3 gear?

Thanks.

You earn PVP and Command Tokens and get Tier 1 gear, you then earn more PVP and Command Tokens to trade in your Tier 1 gear for Tier 2 Gear, and finally you earn even more PVP and Command tokens to turn in your Tier 2 gear for Tier 3 gear.

Edited by MaximusRex

Completely agree with this, well said.

I don't see any reason why it would be retroactive per character. It would work the same was the Legacy XP system does; any content you do on any (Level 70) character increases the CXP level of your legacy (one bar for the whole legacy). When you hit a new CXP level, the character you're on at that moment gets the command crate. The command crates should also be made bound-to-legacy, so you can send it to whichever toon you wish to use it on, regardless of which one you happen to be playing when you hit the new level.

This way you still get gear at the same rate, but no matter which character you're playing, you're increasing your entire legacy's cxp level. This system would just allow you to decide which toon you wish to focus on, without requiring you to play that toon exclusively. Additionally, once you're done gearing up whichever character you're prioritizing, you can then start focusing on gearing up your alts by sending them any further Tier 3 crates, without having to start the 180+ tier grind all over again on them.

I would also highly recommend increasing the amount of CXP you're awarded from disintegrating a set bonus piece to 1,000 to 2,000 command points. That way when someone gets a duplicate set piece, instead of being frustrated and disappointed, they at least get the consolation of knowing it'll help them advance to the next crate a little more quickly.

I saw your video on how to improve GC, I hope the BioWare team takes a look at it, lots of great ideas.

More end game content please...after the story and expansions, there's nothing to do but only pvp. I don't do group things because I do not like staying in a guild. I'm a solo player and I can certainly appreciate some additional content!

Keep up the good work BioWare Corporation . I love this game!

I have another issues with the changes concerning crafting RNG. I have 1 toon at tier 3 (level 220), and after 30 levels, I have only gotten ONE useful schematic for an enhancement. Most of the schematics seem to be for unmoddable armormech, synthweaving, and armstech . I haven't gotten any biochem or other cybertech schematics, and the relic schems I have are pretty undesirable since they don't work in pvp.

My question is; Are there any plans to make meaningful changes for crafting, since we can do ops to "fill in the gaps" for missing pieces of gear,.....will something similar be done for crafting schematics???

This really needs to be addressed, since with RNG it's possible to never get the schematics, that you want.

My suggestion would be to allow for the purchase of schematics with the new tokens, or unassembled pvp pieces.

Or perhaps allow schematics to be purchased from the new light side/dark side vendors. I've pretty much bought everything from those vendors that I would want and don't have any use for those tokens.

It is an interesting system, but it does seem a bit complicated....perhaps a bit over complicated. Seems to me it would have simply been better to create a single token or unassembled armor piece that would come from a current piece you don't want, or as a drop from hard content. To be used as a one-one trade, and legacy bound.

Either that, or just add back the old hard content currency and keep the GC system as a supplement for gear and a candy machine for casuals.

I think either choice would have been better than what they have concocted.

I have another issues with the changes concerning crafting RNG. I have 1 toon at tier 3 (level 220), and after 30 levels, I have only gotten ONE useful schematic for an enhancement. Most of the schematics seem to be for unmoddable armormech, synthweaving, and armstech . I haven't gotten any biochem or other cybertech schematics, and the relic schems I have are pretty undesirable since they don't work in pvp.

My question is; Are there any plans to make meaningful changes for crafting, since we can do ops to "fill in the gaps" for missing pieces of gear,.....will something similar be done for crafting schematics???

This really needs to be addressed, since with RNG it's possible to never get the schematics, that you want.

My suggestion would be to allow for the purchase of schematics with the new tokens, or unassembled pvp pieces.

Or perhaps allow schematics to be purchased from the new light side/dark side vendors. I've pretty much bought everything from those vendors that I would want and don't have any use for those tokens.

Schematics for Enhancements, Mods, Armorings, Hilts and Barrels are dropping from PvP-Crates. High chance on the weekly boxes, low chance on the daily-boxes. I entered tier 3 at the end of december and got all useful schematics since then by doing the solo-ranked-weekly and the normal pvp-weekly every week.

Command Crates drop implants, ears, relics and other unmoddable gearpieces. You also can extract the inlays from 240-set-pieces and reconstruct them with a 100%-chance to learn the schematic.

However, like everything with the Command System, it's total rng, what you get. E.g. I got bombed with relic-schematics, so that I can craft every type of relic @240, but I just got one schematic for an implant until now.

It is an interesting system, but it does seem a bit complicated....perhaps a bit over complicated. Seems to me it would have simply been better to create a single token or unassembled armor piece that would come from a current piece you don't want, or as a drop from hard content. To be used as a one-one trade, and legacy bound.

Either that, or just add back the old hard content currency and keep the GC system as a supplement for gear and a candy machine for casuals.

I think either choice would have been better than what they have concocted.

it is done this way on purpose and I am surprised no one has figured it out yet. Here is the real skinny to think about when this goes live:

Let's say you are one of those players that has already reached CR300. You will have 2,610 tokens on patch day - that you can't do a thing with except buy boosters for your alts.

Now, let's say you still need the boots, pants, and chest (because the RNG gods have REALLY favored you). Just three pieces of T3 gear. Here is what ONE will take in addition to the grinding you already did (let's use the pants as an example).

Via Ops - you run 8 man story mode TFB and have a 25% chance of getting final boss drop gear. It will take you 1-4 weeks at 2 hours a run for this to happen but at least you can go right for the T3. So you only have 2-8 hours per piece in addition to all the CxP you have already grinded.

Via PvP - You need 475 total Unassembled to get the legs. Winning every match means at 95 matches. Losing every match means 238 matches. Let's say it will fall right in between at 166 matches (you win 50%/you lose 50%). Counting queues and various timers in the matches you usually can average 3 WZs an hour. That is 55 hours of ADDITIONAL grinding, again on top of all the CxP ranks you already did.

So, in addition to the hundreds of hours grinding CxP ranks, you need 1-4 weeks or 2-8 hours of running Ops or 55 hours of running WZs just for ONE piece. Yeah, that really helped fix things!

If people haven't figured it out yet, this is about INCREASING the grind because peeps are getting through the ranks too fast in BWs eyes (thus why the mob CxP was drastically lowered quickly). There is NOTHING in this "fix" that is a benefit for the players - at all.

Edited by Wayshuba

Hi Eric,

I have been playing since start and play (sometimes badly) all parts of the game depending on what humor I'm in. I have to say, without meaning to knock what you guys are doing, that I hate the new system. I was a pvp hater who got to enjoy it once it was easier to gear up and fight on a level playing field with more dedicated pvpers. Now I feel I am under geared for every style of play.

As a married man with kids time doesn't allow for me to spend every waking moment grinding this new system.

I love Star Wars, I love SWTOR but at the moment I'm subbing out of loyalty rather than enjoying the complicated grind.

This system was meant to make things simpler for new folks joining the game - its making this old timer feel like leaving.

Help me get my Swtor-mojo back please.

:(

So basically the system is still overly complicated and slightly less dependent on RNG???

Why not allow people to get specific gear from drops in OPS? Get Command Tokens from PVP and from the Command Crates that are legacy wide? The point of MMO games is to get all your players doing the content they want and a clear, easy way to get gear. No one wants to play for an hour with a 60% chance to get 2 drops from an 8 man raid. It makes no sense, do the devs play the game of real life? I'm only subbing still because I love SW and I am finishing up a couple class stories.

Nah, always better to do it on open shareholders call. Executives NEVER like to be embarrassed in front of the other shareholders. Letters get filed and ignored and only you and the exec know it happened.

That almost makes it worth buying a few shares.

Hi Eric,

I have been playing since start and play (sometimes badly) all parts of the game depending on what humor I'm in. I have to say, without meaning to knock what you guys are doing, that I hate the new system. I was a pvp hater who got to enjoy it once it was easier to gear up and fight on a level playing field with more dedicated pvpers. Now I feel I am under geared for every style of play.

As a married man with kids time doesn't allow for me to spend every waking moment grinding this new system.

I love Star Wars, I love SWTOR but at the moment I'm subbing out of loyalty rather than enjoying the complicated grind.

That's not a good reason to sub. As long as you are paying them, they don't care why and won't make changes.

This system was meant to make things simpler for new folks joining the game - its making this old timer feel like leaving.

Help me get my Swtor-mojo back please.

:(

No, this system wasn't designed to make gearing simpler. The 5.0 release was purely to get subs to stay subbed longer and play more. They said as much to the EA share holders. 5.1 just tries to hide the grind without actually making any substantive changes.

Edited by DanNV

Hi Eric

When you teased 5.0 you said CXP was coming in as you felt the old way of getting gear was too complicated (taking a token to a vendor)

Reading back this post, and the many others you've had to make to explain how you now gear up, don't you kinda feel you've made a rip roaring arse of making it simple?

Pleas just put it back the way it was. This is a complete mess.

Surely you guys can see this??

No one can look at this and think "this is much more straightforward than before"

Or is the the boss's ideas, and everyone's scared to say no to them?

Edited by ScottishDrunk

So I am still a bit confused.

I only PvP. Since I dont run Ops and have little desire to, does this new system do absolutely nothing for me? I can get components from PvP, then run PvE for another piece of currency, then combine those 2 with a coin from the crate?

So is my only gearing choice either crafted or get lucky with RNG Crates?

WIsh they would just admit defeat and go back to the old gearing system. This new stuff is a convoluted mess.

Again, I earned my place when the game is considered "hard" however AFTER they simplify the game, again, more and more people get geared up (brainless) and talk smack thinking they are OP while they gave up (when it was "hard") and quit when things seemed tough. All you're doing in 5.1 is making is easier for the people who obviously couldn't earn it in 5.0 by being whiners and quitters.

I was mostly in full 230s by the second day of 5.0. I was tier 2 by the second week of 5.0. I am in full 240s and have been for a while. It's not random gear, it's called dedication. There is nothing wrong with the drop rates (now) and none of my guildies have an issue with getting a decent upgrade every 3-5 command levels.

If you want to be "good" in tor, dedicate yourself to it. Don't jump ship when things appear *too hard" for you. I have a wonderful idea, how about if Bioware just gives us all cheat codes to make it just a little more easier? I've been playing TOR since Wave 2 (Dec. 13, 2011) and I've been through every change Bioware has released and all I've been seeing since 2013 are people who whine about how "hard" things are because they don't cater to the pure thought of this being Kotor 3 instead of an MMO as it rightfully is. Ever since 3.0, Bioware has been listening to the wrong people because that's what this, once known as a beautiful game, is mostly composed of now, wrong people.

I remember the times before people relied on Dulfy, back when I was one of the first to lead a team to clear NiM KP and EV along with the servers top guilds and players. We had to actually put thought into the game from way back. But that is the past, this is now; and it's sad how little this game makes you think now. In another year I can see SWTOR being another Clone Wars Adventures. If you don't know what that is, google it. It makes me want to vomit.

Report this post and remove if it'll hurt your little ears... All you're doing is proving my point. The wrong people need to stop micromanaging this game by whining into Biowares ears. Bioware, give us what we need, not what everyone wants. It will balance out.

P.s. I never return to my posts. If you want to contact me, check out my page via my signature.

~Good day.

So I am still a bit confused.

I only PvP. Since I dont run Ops and have little desire to, does this new system do absolutely nothing for me? I can get components from PvP, then run PvE for another piece of currency, then combine those 2 with a coin from the crate?

So is my only gearing choice either crafted or get lucky with RNG Crates?

WIsh they would just admit defeat and go back to the old gearing system. This new stuff is a convoluted mess.

What happens with the patch, you will get command tokens for every level of GC you have, every time you do pvp you get unassembled components, you then get a bunch of those, and GC command tokens, and get pvp armour, which is of course pve armour is there is no expertise.

Here just read this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9213923#edit9213923

Hey folks,

[*]New currency: Unassembled Gear Piece - These drop from Operation bosses or are purchased with Unassembled Components and can be turned in along with Command Tokens for specific pieces of gear. The last boss of each Operation has a 100% chance to drop Unassembled Gear Pieces (2 pieces for 8-man, 4 pieces for 16-man). Each other boss in an Operation has an increasing chance to drop them (the second boss having a higher chance than the first boss, and so on).

-eric

Could you clarify the other bosses chances? Would a 16man boss have 4 chances to drop 1 piece or 1 chance to drop 4 pieces?

thanks

Been playing this game since launch and have not really felt the need to voice my opinion as there are many out there that say what needs to be said. But you seem to still be dancing around the problem, so instead I will take action.

Account Creation Date: 03.05.09

You have 17 days of subscription play time remaining.

Current Subscription:

One Month Recurring Subscription

Next billing date:

Subscription Canceled

Payment method:

NONE

Subscription end date:

13 Mar 2017

Thanks for ruining my favorite game. :jawa_frown: