Galactic Command Gearing Changes, 5.1 and Beyond

EricMusco

A few of these changes do seem to improve a liitle bit the system but still...I don't understand; is it so hard to make GCP legacy wide? And instead of beibg more simple it gets even more complicated and a nuisance. Just reading the changes made me have a headache :(. Edited by Lazaros_Chatzi

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galactic Command Gearing Changes, 5.1 and Beyond

Hey folks,

Since the launch of Knights of the Eternal Throne, we have received a lot of great feedback about the gearing changes we made through Galactic Command. In this post, I want to highlight the changes we are making next week. However, we know this will not address all of your concerns, so let’s also talk about additional changes we plan to make.

Our primary goal for Game Update 5.1: Defend the Throne was to allow players to work towards specific pieces of gear through PvP and Operations. Additionally, we wanted to provide a means to help players gear their other Characters. Here are the changes coming next week:

• New currency: Command Tokens - This currency comes from Command Crates. Each Crate will drop Command Tokens based on the Tier of the Crate (Tier 1 – 5 tokens, Tier 2 – 8 tokens, Tier 3 – 12 tokens). These tokens are a Legacy-wide currency and will be retroactively granted (based on your Command Rank) when 5.1 launches.
  • New currency: Unassembled Components – This currency is a reward for playing Warzones and Galactic Starfighter and can be used to purchase Unassembled Gear Pieces.
  • New currency: Unassembled Gear Piece - These drop from Operation bosses or are purchased with Unassembled Components and can be turned in along with Command Tokens for specific pieces of gear. The last boss of each Operation has a 100% chance to drop Unassembled Gear Pieces (2 pieces for 8-man, 4 pieces for 16-man). Each other boss in an Operation has an increasing chance to drop them (the second boss having a higher chance than the first boss, and so on). Refer to this forum post to see where each item slot will drop.

With these new currencies, players will be able to go to new vendors and purchase specific items. Here are some of the vendor details:

• Unassembled Component Vendor: On this vendor you can turn in Unassembled Components to purchase a specific Unassembled Gear Piece. You can only purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Pieces in this way. However, you can turn in Tier 1 pieces along with Unassembled Components to upgrade them to Tier 2 and 3 respectively. Refer to this forum post for more details on this vendor.
  • Unassembled Gear Piece Vendor: With this vendor you can turn in one Unassembled Gear Piece for a specific slot (ex: Unassembled Helm Tier 1) along with Command Tokens for that respective piece of gear. Refer to this forum post for more details on this vendor.

The changes listed above are really focused on allowing players to work towards a specific piece of gear. However, we also wanted to allow players to level their alts a bit quicker and so here are some of the changes coming for that:

• New Character Legacy Perk: Increase all Command XP Earned by 2/4/6/8/10%.
  • New Command XP Boost: This can be purchased with Command Tokens and provides a 15% boost (this boost stacks with the Legacy perk but not the MTX boost). This boost only works per Tier at the following costs:
    • Tier 1 – 20 Command Tokens
    • Tier 2 – 28 Command Tokens
    • Tier 3 – 44 Command Tokens

The above changes are coming next week with Game Update 5.1! Additional concerns you have raised are listed below:

Operations Lacking for CXP

We have been looking at all of the places that players can earn CXP and although our intent is that Operations (especially Veteran/Master) would be the best source of CXP, that is not true currently. We have been working to rebalance the CXP gains of Operations across the board so that they are at least on-par with the best sources of CXP in the game. We plan to include these changes with Patch 5.1.1, but we will give you more information on scheduling once we lock it down.

Galactic Command Gearing Alt-unfriendly

One of the biggest concerns expressed is Galactic Command forces a player into working only on one character. Although that wasn’t our intention, we agree with you. For starters, in 5.1 we are implementing the Legacy-wide currency of Command Tokens, legacy bound boosts you can purchase with Command Tokens, and the legacy perk to speed up leveling. We know that isn’t enough, so we are exploring additional options so that when you are playing any character, there is a way to potentially provide benefit to all other characters in your legacy as well. I have no specifics to share at this time, but I am working to have more details available for our January 26th Livestream.

Command Rank Leveling Speed

We monitor Command Ranks across the game, along with player feedback on the rate at which players are leveling. The Legacy perk and additional boost will help speed up leveling, but we will continue to review. Let’s see how it feels after 5.1. We’ll discuss with you and make further adjustments, if needed.

New Endgame Content

We know addressing the gearing concerns is only half of the equation. Whether it came from the forums, social media, or even focus groups, the feedback is that you want more large group and MMO content such as daily areas and Operations. We will be discussing these very topics in our Livestream next Thursday, January 26, 2017, so come join us!

We want to thank all of your for your continued feedback about Galactic Command. Please keep it coming!

-eric

So looking at past community manager comments, replies, and Streams the Debs replaced a "Complicated Comm/Crystal System" with an "Updated Convoluted Token System"?

Read it, any new player or simple minded casual wont know where to begin let alone how to min/max their gear. PvP already has level 70 players missing mods and enhancements, thats if they are not wearing the DvL event XP gear still.

Youre pushing the veteran and alt player base away from the game. Subscriptions are in ICU and youre just pulling the plug on them. Cartel Market is a joke and wont last long when the servers are empty.

Command XP needs to be legacy wide. whatever ranks we have on all our alts should add up. those that have multiple characters with Command Ranks have put in the time and effort to gain these ranks. All their characters inside their Legacy should have 1 combined rank. Legacy gear and points to save what little subs you have left.

Unassembled Gear Pieces and Where to Find Them

Hey folks,

As explained in our Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Gear Pieces are a way for players to work towards getting a specific gear slot and tier. Below you will find a list of each Operation boss that has a guaranteed drop of the pieces, and which one they drop. Note that only the last boss of each Operation is guaranteed, but every other boss has a chance to drop any slot. Each of these bosses will drop two pieces in 8-man and four pieces in 16-man.

Here are the drops for Tier 1 and Tier 2 gear which come from Story and Veteran difficulty respectively:

• Implant/Earpiece: Eternity Vault – Soa (The Infernal One)
  • Relic: Karagga’s Palace – Karagga the Unyielding
  • Chest: Explosive Conflict – Warlord Kephess
  • Legs: Terror From Beyond – The Terror From Beyond
  • Hands: Scum and Villainy – Dread Master Styrak
  • Boots: The Dread Fortress – Dread Master Brontes
  • Head: The Dread Palace – The Dread Masters
  • Off-hand: The Ravagers – Ruugar
  • Mainhand: Temple of Sacrifice – Revan
  • Bracer: Makeb – The Golden Fury (and Eyeless from the Rakghoul event)
  • Belt: Ziost – Worldbreaker Monolith (and Xenoanalyst from the Gree event)

Here are the drops for Tier 3 which come from Master difficulty unless otherwise noted:

• Relic and Implant: Explosive Conflict – Warlord Kephess
  • Legs and Earpiece: Terror From Beyond – The Terror From Beyond
  • Hands and Chest: Scum and Villainy – Dread Master Styrak
  • Boots and off-hand: The Dread Fortress – Dread Master Brontes
  • Head and mainhand: The Dread Palace – The Dread Masters
  • Implant (chance to drop in Veteran mode): The Ravagers – Ruugar
  • Relic (chance to drop in Veteran mode): Temple of Sacrifice – Revan
  • Bracer (chance to drop in Veteran mode):: Makeb – The Golden Fury and Eyeless from the Rakghoul event
  • Belt (chance to drop in Veteran mode):: Ziost – Worldbreaker Monolith and Xenoanalyst from the Gree event

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone!

-eric

and

Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Components are a way for PvP players to work towards a specific piece of gear. First we will talk about how many Components you get from playing PvP and then I will show you the costs of each item from the vendor.

This list is how many Unassembled Components you get based on the content you play:

• 5 - Warzone Win
  • 2 - Warzone Loss
  • 3 - Arena Win
  • 1 - Arena Loss
  • 5 - Solo Ranked Win
  • 2 - Solo Ranked Loss
  • 8 - Group Ranked Win
  • 3 - Group Ranked Loss
  • 8 - GSF Win
  • 3 - GSF Loss

Now let’s talk about item costs from the vendor. The following costs are to purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces:

• Chest - 100
  • Legs - 100
  • Head - 100
  • Hands - 100
  • Feet - 100
  • Waist - 75
  • Wrist - 75
  • Implant - 80
  • Earpiece - 80
  • Relic - 80
  • Mainhand - 120
  • Off-hand - 120

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. Here are the Tier 2 and 3 costs:

• Chest – 150/225
  • Legs – 150/225
  • Head – 150/225
  • Hands – 150/225
  • Feet – 150/225
  • Waist – 115/175
  • Wrist – 115/175
  • Implant – 120/180
  • Earpiece – 120/180
  • Relic – 120/180
  • Mainhand – 180/270
  • Off-hand – 180/270

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

and

Unassembled Pieces and Command Token Costs

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Game Update 5.1 will introduce methods for you to work towards getting specific pieces of Tier gear. A big part of that will be from Unassembled Gear Pieces. Those Pieces can drop from Operations bosses or purchased from the new PvP vendor for Unassembled Components. Once you have the piece, you will need to bring it to a new vendor on the fleet where you can purchase that specific piece of gear. As an example, if you have a Tier 1 Unassembled Head Piece you will be able to come to the vendor and purchase any Tier 1 head piece of your choice. Each Unassembled Piece also has a Command Token cost to purchase them, let’s break those down. The costs will be listed by slot and then the Command Token cost by Tier (Tier 1/Tier 2/ Tier 3). Here they are:

• Chest – 10/15/24
  • Legs -10/15/24
  • Head -10/15/24
  • Hands -10/15/24
  • Feet -10/15/24
  • Waist – 7/10/15
  • Wrist - 7/10/15
  • Implant - 8/12/18
  • Earpiece – 8/12/18
  • Relic – 8/12/18
  • Mainhand – 12/18/28
  • Off-hand – 12/18/28

As a reminder, you earn Command Tokens in each Command Crate that you open. You earn them at the following rate per crate:

• Tier 1 – 5
  • Tier 2 – 8
  • Tier 3 – 12

Lastly, there are new Command XP Boosts that you can buy for Command Tokens. These boosts only work while a character is in a specified Tier. They provide a 15% boost which stacks with the new legacy perk but not the MTX boost. Here are their costs:

• Tier 1 – 20
  • Tier 2 – 28
  • Tier 3 – 44

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

How is this system (Post 5.1) any better than the Pre-5.0 Comm/Crystal Gear System? The paying subscribers don't see it, the F2P are fed up as they have to use old set bonus armorings if they happen to have them. They will not sub up for a month at a chance to get a few set bonus armorings. They wont get a full set of Tier 1 set bonus armorings, thats been proven by many players with command rank above 150 with only 1 or 2 armroings.

___

Exactly.

This concept made me giggle. Grind to get a crate and tokens. Buy a boost with tokens and disintegrate whatever was in the crate. Repeat. Faulty system does not require slight of hand pseudo-effects to seem faster or better. It needs a redesign. :o

Its like they are feeding us tokens and when we eat enough of them we need to use the bathroom. when we open that crate up, we get to wipe our asses with it and flush it down the toilet.

Good talk BioWare

Edited by Liquor

How is this system (Post 5.1) any better than the Pre-5.0 Comm/Crystal Gear System? The paying subscribers don't see it, the F2P are fed up as they have to use old set bonus armorings if they happen to have them. They will not sub up for a month at a chance to get a few set bonus armorings. They wont get a full set of Tier 1 set bonus armorings, thats been proven by many players with command rank above 150 with only 1 or 2 armroings.

CXP = Gear is much simpler than the previous crystal system.

5.1 doesn't complicate it for new players, they just get new currency in the background that they don't need to use instantly. In fact, the more you hold onto the new currency the better.

Here is a question i don't think anyone has asked yet. So i know Command Tokens will be granted retroactively based on your command level, but what about any unopened crates you have on Tuesday?

Say i have a Command Level 5 character, and i have not opened any of the crates i have gotten yet. On 5.1 i should receive 25 command tokens just for being command level 5, but will i still get tokens in the crates if opened after 5.1?

Any clarification is much appreciated,

5.1 doesn't complicate it for new players, they just get new currency in the background that they don't need to use instantly. In fact, the more you hold onto the new currency the better.

I think you are wrong. In 4.0 you could check the gear price, and play for the crystals, or loot, that you needed to buy it. It could take you more or less time, but you could make plans and work for a progression. In the meantime, you could feel that you were "working" for something. Actually, for the same effort, you don't know if you are being rewarded somehow. Yes, you raise your GC levels, but rewards are a random mistery.

For a new player, everything is new, so he can enjoy playing the game while getting random things, but for a veteran that has experienced the same game content in the same places against the same enemies until being fed up, this new system makes you feel like wasting your time as you can't see and feel instant reward (a few crystals, or "coins") for your gear progression.

Of course, the lack of enough new replayable content mixed with the old one makes the game a deja-vu less interesting (and boring). New players will not complain until they reach the veteran stage.

I think you are wrong. In 4.0 you could check the gear price, and play for the crystals, or loot, that you needed to buy it. It could take you more or less time, but you could make plans and work for a progression. In the meantime, you could feel that you were "working" for something. Actually, for the same effort, you don't know if you are being rewarded somehow. Yes, you raise your GC levels, but rewards are a random mistery.

For a new player, everything is new, so he can enjoy playing the game while getting random things, but for a veteran that has experienced the same game content in the same places against the same enemies until being fed up, this new system makes you feel like wasting your time as you can't see and feel instant reward (a few crystals, or "coins") for your gear progression.

Of course, the lack of enough new replayable content mixed with the old one makes the game a deja-vu less interesting (and boring). New players will not complain until they reach the veteran stage.

Agreed

it is more complicated than Pre-5.0

Pre-5.0 System

PvE

Operations Unassembled Gear = Turn in for Set Bonus Gear - 3 tiers for SM, HM, and NiM (no requirements for upgrades)

Comms/Crystals = PvE Gear (Good Operation starter gear)

PvP

Comms = Set Bonus Gear which can be upgraded to a 2nd tier (Best Operation starter gear and easy to attain)

Remember they pushed out the WZ Comms from 20K weekly cap to 200K. Lowered gear comm costs so players could gain gear quickly. That all changed with 5.0 where it is RNG based. Even with 5.1 changes, you need tokens to get the gear, which is crates.

Pre-4.0 you can gear up full PvP gear tier 1 in a week. have your set bonus ready for SM operations. or push out another week to get enough WZ comms for tier 2 PvP. whereas with Post 5.0 there are players at 150+ rank that dont have 3 or more set bonus items let alone a complete 6-piece set bonus.

The token system will not help. We need tier 1 shells to turn in with tokens for tier 2. now, how many of these tier 2 and tier 3 ranked players have their old shells still? They will have to grind it all out again for the shells.

anyone saying this 5.1 token system is better than Pre-5.0 gearing is drinking too much BW kool-aid

You had to navigate through vendors and four different forms of currency to get your gear. That's much more time consuming than opening a crate.

You had to navigate through vendors and four different forms of currency to get your gear. That's much more time consuming than opening a crate.

but you can waste hours of time gaining CXP for rank and a crate only to open 10 crates and get nothing, let alone the 1 item you need

I run 3 jugg tanks for gear, I have multiple doubles and triples of items i dont need, yet still havent gotten the implants, relics, and main/off hands i need. rank 50 on 2 and 90 on the third. 5.1 is not going to improve the situation.

comm/crystal system was much faster and did not rely on a Random Number Generator loot crate for gear.

Edited by Liquor

but you can waste hours of time gaining CXP for rank and a crate only to open 10 crates and get nothing, let alone the 1 item you need

I run 3 jugg tanks for gear, I have multiple doubles and triples of items i dont need, yet still havent gotten the implants, relics, and main/off hands i need. rank 50 on 2 and 90 on the third. 5.1 is not going to improve the situation.

comm/crystal system was much faster and did not rely on a Random Number Generator loot crate for gear.

For new players, crates are likely to drop useful gear. For you and other veteran/savvy players it's less dependable, and that's what 5.1 is for. And due to the way it works, new players don't need to concern themselves with it.

Lol, I am doing the same thing to get gear.

New currency: Command Tokens - This currency comes from Command Crates. Each Crate will drop Command Tokens based on the Tier of the Crate (Tier 1 – 5 tokens, Tier 2 – 8 tokens, Tier 3 – 12 tokens). These tokens are a Legacy-wide currency and will be retroactively granted (based on your Command Rank) when 5.1 launches.

Hi,

Will you take Command Ranks over 300 into consideration ?

Edit: nevermind, already asked/answered

Edited by Gigex
Got my answer

...and get nothing useful in 118 crates out of 122.

And I have to take up those odds to at least 300 crates for each of my 16 alts. No. Simply no.

For new players, crates are likely to drop useful gear. For you and other veteran/savvy players it's less dependable, and that's what 5.1 is for. And due to the way it works, new players don't need to concern themselves with it.

I guess the game might aim for any kind of players (at least, the widest possible), new and veterans. In case this system is designed only for new players, is very disrespectul for those who have been supporting this game for a long time.

And some of the new players will do concern when they reach the max level and see how annoying the rewards system is, unless they have come only to play stories in solo mode.

Unlike to other opinions, I think the system is ok with the upcoming patch. I didn't like the 4.0-system. Yes, it gave me the opportunity to test multiple classes in different roles, because my inexpertness got compensated through gear. However, with the new system, it will be possible to grind through hm and get hm-gear, and also to do NiM's and get NiM-Gear. We, in our raiding group, are able to craft every piece of gear @240, except of set-bonuses (it just takes some time grinding fractured & pvp), so it should be no problem to start NiM-Progression. Everything we get there will be a nice bonus. We are looking forward to DP-TR anyway, so why not taking some 242-Mainhands while trying? Also, no piece is "locked" behind any boss - even Nefra can drop a chest piece. It's also very cool, that the devs are admitting that Revan & Coratanni are a bit harder then Soa & Karagga, so there will be a chance, that Revan&Cora are dropping 242-pieces.

However, the system is completely hitting my type of gameplay. I am doing pvp (~30 games a week, sometimes more), I'm an endgame-raider, a crafter and I was also a grinder in the past weeks. The system looks much better, when you stop comlaining about it, trust me.

But I also have a suggestion, that maybe makes sense: It is possible to include a vendor, where you can trade specific gear pieces, you got from crates into unassembled gear pieces? I got a 242-Relic of Fortunate Redoubt last night that is not really useful. No mention, that I also got a 240-version of the same relic a weeky earlier. It might compensate the bad-luck-rng a bit, when we are able to trade it into another piece of the same slot. Also, if we get doubled pieces, we can trade them in and use them for alts. Maybe it is necessary, that it should just be possible, to trade a piece into a another piece one level lower (e.g. 242->240), to prevent, that anyone can take the Inlays of an armor piece, resell it, and take the Inlays from the next piece. Also include moderate Command Token-costs and that should be no problem.

So, all in all, Patch 5.1 is a step in the right direction. Please announce new Ops and integrate the idea mentioned above and 2017 is saved.

Hey folks,

Since the launch of Knights of the Eternal Throne, we have received a lot of great feedback about the gearing changes we made through Galactic Command. In this post, I want to highlight the changes we are making next week. However, we know this will not address all of your concerns, so let’s also talk about additional changes we plan to make.

Our primary goal for Game Update 5.1: Defend the Throne was to allow players to work towards specific pieces of gear through PvP and Operations. Additionally, we wanted to provide a means to help players gear their other Characters. Here are the changes coming next week:

• New currency: Command Tokens - This currency comes from Command Crates. Each Crate will drop Command Tokens based on the Tier of the Crate (Tier 1 – 5 tokens, Tier 2 – 8 tokens, Tier 3 – 12 tokens). These tokens are a Legacy-wide currency and will be retroactively granted (based on your Command Rank) when 5.1 launches.
  • New currency: Unassembled Components – This currency is a reward for playing Warzones and Galactic Starfighter and can be used to purchase Unassembled Gear Pieces.
  • New currency: Unassembled Gear Piece - These drop from Operation bosses or are purchased with Unassembled Components and can be turned in along with Command Tokens for specific pieces of gear. The last boss of each Operation has a 100% chance to drop Unassembled Gear Pieces (2 pieces for 8-man, 4 pieces for 16-man). Each other boss in an Operation has an increasing chance to drop them (the second boss having a higher chance than the first boss, and so on). Refer to this forum post to see where each item slot will drop.

With these new currencies, players will be able to go to new vendors and purchase specific items. Here are some of the vendor details:

• Unassembled Component Vendor: On this vendor you can turn in Unassembled Components to purchase a specific Unassembled Gear Piece. You can only purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Pieces in this way. However, you can turn in Tier 1 pieces along with Unassembled Components to upgrade them to Tier 2 and 3 respectively. Refer to this forum post for more details on this vendor.
  • Unassembled Gear Piece Vendor: With this vendor you can turn in one Unassembled Gear Piece for a specific slot (ex: Unassembled Helm Tier 1) along with Command Tokens for that respective piece of gear. Refer to this forum post for more details on this vendor.

The changes listed above are really focused on allowing players to work towards a specific piece of gear. However, we also wanted to allow players to level their alts a bit quicker and so here are some of the changes coming for that:

• New Character Legacy Perk: Increase all Command XP Earned by 2/4/6/8/10%.
  • New Command XP Boost: This can be purchased with Command Tokens and provides a 15% boost (this boost stacks with the Legacy perk but not the MTX boost). This boost only works per Tier at the following costs:
    • Tier 1 – 20 Command Tokens
    • Tier 2 – 28 Command Tokens
    • Tier 3 – 44 Command Tokens

The above changes are coming next week with Game Update 5.1! Additional concerns you have raised are listed below:

Operations Lacking for CXP

We have been looking at all of the places that players can earn CXP and although our intent is that Operations (especially Veteran/Master) would be the best source of CXP, that is not true currently. We have been working to rebalance the CXP gains of Operations across the board so that they are at least on-par with the best sources of CXP in the game. We plan to include these changes with Patch 5.1.1, but we will give you more information on scheduling once we lock it down.

Galactic Command Gearing Alt-unfriendly

One of the biggest concerns expressed is Galactic Command forces a player into working only on one character. Although that wasn’t our intention, we agree with you. For starters, in 5.1 we are implementing the Legacy-wide currency of Command Tokens, legacy bound boosts you can purchase with Command Tokens, and the legacy perk to speed up leveling. We know that isn’t enough, so we are exploring additional options so that when you are playing any character, there is a way to potentially provide benefit to all other characters in your legacy as well. I have no specifics to share at this time, but I am working to have more details available for our January 26th Livestream.

Command Rank Leveling Speed

We monitor Command Ranks across the game, along with player feedback on the rate at which players are leveling. The Legacy perk and additional boost will help speed up leveling, but we will continue to review. Let’s see how it feels after 5.1. We’ll discuss with you and make further adjustments, if needed.

New Endgame Content

We know addressing the gearing concerns is only half of the equation. Whether it came from the forums, social media, or even focus groups, the feedback is that you want more large group and MMO content such as daily areas and Operations. We will be discussing these very topics in our Livestream next Thursday, January 26, 2017, so come join us!

We want to thank all of your for your continued feedback about Galactic Command. Please keep it coming!

-eric

New MMO Content on the way is excellent but for some reason, there is no mention of new PvP content coming out, idc about arenas, however a new 8v8 map would be more then amazing!!! - Personal wish - Real Capture the Flag Map with 2 flags!!! PLEEEEEEASSSSSEEEE hehe i wouldnt mind at all if you turn oddessen into a capture the flag instead of a running simulator =)

Edited by Jrbabar

Changes heralded for 5.1 are simply unnecessarily over complicated. I don't care what the epeen stroking acting smart ego trippers community pretends, those changes are simply dumb.

These are NOT changes based on an already working system as is the case in other successful MMos... where players are willing to put in the effort on the basis that previous formulas worked...

This, is an absurd pathetic attempt to fix another deeply flawed concept. Nothing but.

Pretty pls BW, just revert to simplicity with a merit based gear system that players acquire through defeating tough opponents, deliver steadily more new operations...and fix old bugs for crying out loud.

Trust me, that'll be enough.

Nothing stops you keep that crate system for those who hate ops and pvp but love story based contents; give it a slight boost and denomination but make sure it remains inferior in quality as per the game demands.

My main concern is, one op after 2 + years aint fixing much. Not unless the devs plan and promise to release ops every x amount of months from here on out. Who's to say after the next op it wont be three, four, five, six years till another one? The raiding guilds that are left might be OK with that , but my primary guild (hardcore guild that's currently on FF14) will never return for just that.

I agree, and that's why I think investing in making new Ops is likely a waste of resources. It sounds like they're chasing a segment of the market that they're never going to get back instead of shoring up the segment they have a shot at building a solid base with.

Put out periodic PVE small-group content like Uprisings or Flashpoints, and periodic PVP Warzones and Arenas, but keep the focus on Story content like in KotFE - cutting back from sixteen chapters to nine isn't going to improve retention of story-lovers. Those of us who liked the monthly chapter releases constitute a market BW can still capture with this game, but the raiding market is probably well-and-truly lost.

If they do go the route of investing of new Ops, they should try to find a way to make sure the work done on them isn't wasted when it comes to solo or small group players - innovate a solo mode for the Ops or something.

I just don't understand this. They get rid of crystals and commendations because they were too confusing and now we get this even more confusing system with how many different pieces to it?

What's confusing? The GC system was much more straightforward than the crystals and commendations system, but people complained about it - so they had to compromise the simplicity to address some of those concerns.

To the "As long as GC is in the game at all, I'm out" crowd, it's pretty clear that the decision has been made, and it's not going away (really, they were never going to just strip out a new system that was one of the centerpieces of this expansion, but even those who thought that was a possibility should see by now that it isn't going to happen).

If you have feedback on how to improve GC, then that's certainly something worthwhile to discuss here where they'll see it, but if the only thing you have to say it "get rid of it" then I'm pretty sure you're just wasting your time.

I guess the game might aim for any kind of players (at least, the widest possible), new and veterans. In case this system is designed only for new players, is very disrespectul for those who have been supporting this game for a long time.

And some of the new players will do concern when they reach the max level and see how annoying the rewards system is, unless they have come only to play stories in solo mode.

Max level? New players? Don't think so.

And even if they did, they'd likely discover they have tons of unused components and tokens to upgrade their gear with.

I agree, and that's why I think investing in making new Ops is likely a waste of resources. It sounds like they're chasing a segment of the market that they're never going to get back instead of shoring up the segment they have a shot at building a solid base with.

Put out periodic PVE small-group content like Uprisings or Flashpoints, and periodic PVP Warzones and Arenas, but keep the focus on Story content like in KotFE - cutting back from sixteen chapters to nine isn't going to improve retention of story-lovers. Those of us who liked the monthly chapter releases constitute a market BW can still capture with this game, but the raiding market is probably well-and-truly lost.

If they do go the route of investing of new Ops, they should try to find a way to make sure the work done on them isn't wasted when it comes to solo or small group players - innovate a solo mode for the Ops or something.

In no way do I buy into the idea that it is not possible to rebuild the Operations community. Not for a moment.

Certainly, putting that mission into the hands of a management team that has zero interest in the MMO aspect of their MMO is a dubious proposition. But I certainly believe draining the swamp and putting the right people in place would make this a straightforward venture.

The point is, it's not that much more expensive to do it right than do it wrong. If they're going to do it at all, they should do it properly.

I am certain the cost savings of Hardmare was far less than the lost subscriptions it caused. Does anyone honestly want to try to debate this?

And frankly, I believe enough resources have been wasted on solo content. IMO that's why this game is in the mess that it is. What you call a "solid base" is what I call "what's left after the MMO players have been chased away". Not wanting to rebuild that community is stupid. Period.

Only in Swtor do you find people who not only want to content but whine at BW for content not to be made for certain groups. In FFXIV you never have this as all content is made cause they have an actual budget. FeelsBadMan

As for why they don't make new Episodic content the Devs said it themselves, it doesn't work as the sole content in the game and as such they in Dev fashion abandon it instead of doing as part of updates with other activities.

Sry I didn't use rehashed buzzwords from 2015 like silent memority and vocal memejority but I don't have time for that as I need to get my Gold Smith leveled. :^

Edited by FerkWork