Lag and Frames Per Second are 0 to 7, unplayable!

bulldogpug

From Thursday 12 and still ongoing I have been having lag and long load ups around 10 to 12 minutes, FPS have been 0 to 7 fps and sometimes it jumps higher but still unplayable. Before that date I have never had any trouble with this game and I have been playing for years. My system I use is a PC, CPU AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.61 GHz, Ram 2 GB 64 bit Operating System , x64-based processor, Windows 10, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT total memory is 2033 MB. I have built my own computers since 1997 and I have tried every thing I can think of and no there has been no new upgrades or anything new added. I have tried different video drivers, sound drivers, reinstalling game, high to low settings in game, trying to improve Graphic card settings. From the time I load game it takes from 10 to 15 minutes to get to selecting player characters. When I try and leave game it takes forever and most times I have to leave game by using Ctrl Alt Del to exit game. When I get into game I not only have low FPS I get invisible graphics and the sound skips at times like a stuck record. The graphics at times are barely showing up and I get black screens. For the most part it is the very low fps. I have tried my other game and they are playing great. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely

Bulldogpug

You might do some hardware tests. Some computers will have utilities included in the BIOS, if not you'll have to find tools to download for the tests.

Specifically check out function of:

RAM

VRAM

GPU

Harddrives

CPU

though a good hardware testing suite may check all of the computer's components.

If stuff raises a flag on the test software, check the connections before ordering a new part, sometimes stuff just gets a bit loose and has poor contact.

Edit: You're also at the bare minimum for RAM. Doing things like shutting down non-vital processes and background apps might help.

Edited by Ramalina

• 1 month later...

Hi Ramalina,

Sorry it took me so long to post. I had or did try everything you said and you were correct. Everything checked out, I had 4 GB's of Ram and only 2 where being used. I had never had any trouble with it running the game or so I thought, so I have been busy checking every thing out like you said and than I replaced the Graphics card to a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB and game ran better at very low settings but still not great, I needed to upgrade video card anyway. So I got a good deal on ram 8 gb 2x4 GB of ram. One problem I forgot to check on was where it shipped from, which still did not matter since it was new. It came from China and it just arrived yesterday, it was to arrive march 5 to 24th and so it took a week, It was way earlier than it was supposed to be so all is good. I put ram in and the game has never run as sweet as it does now. Thank you for your time in answering me. I think the old ram may still be good but I believe it might have been ecc ram so not good for gaming.

Once again thank you. Sincerely Bulldogpug

• 1 month later...
From Thursday 12 and still ongoing I have been having lag and long load ups around 10 to 12 minutes, FPS have been 0 to 7 fps and sometimes it jumps higher but still unplayable. Before that date I have never had any trouble with this game and I have been playing for years. My system I use is a PC, CPU AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.61 GHz, Ram 2 GB 64 bit Operating System , x64-based processor, Windows 10, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT total memory is 2033 MB. I have built my own computers since 1997 and I have tried every thing I can think of and no there has been no new upgrades or anything new added. I have tried different video drivers, sound drivers, reinstalling game, high to low settings in game, trying to improve Graphic card settings. From the time I load game it takes from 10 to 15 minutes to get to selecting player characters. When I try and leave game it takes forever and most times I have to leave game by using Ctrl Alt Del to exit game. When I get into game I not only have low FPS I get invisible graphics and the sound skips at times like a stuck record. The graphics at times are barely showing up and I get black screens. For the most part it is the very low fps. I have tried my other game and they are playing great. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely

Bulldogpug

This game requires 8gb of ram to run smoothly. Also lel lel that graphics card, get a new one, nvidia gt 740 or better.