Statue of Carrie Fisher (or a member of Organa house) to honor her

blackphantome

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would absolutely love to see SWTOR / Bioware do this! Even if its a statue or memorial on the fleet and not Alderaan. I don't think they will though. I still don't think i've even seen SWTOR acknowledge Carrie Fishers passing. I could be wrong but if im not i find that extremely disrespectful seeing as this is star wars and she was one of the people that made star wars what it is today!

Well BioWare/EA fails again... Another game has already announced that they will be adding something to their game to honor Carrie Fisher...

It's truly sad that a non Star Wars game is going to beat them to it... total fail..

Which game would that be since you didn't bother to say?

So just to be clear, Star Trek Online honored Carrie Fisher with a very nice tweet. SWTOR never even acknowledged her passing.

How freaking sad is that?

I sometimes think SWTOR has more red tape, so to speak, than STO.

If they did add something for Carrie Fisher then they would have to, out of respect, add something for Christopher Lee (Count Dooku) who passed away last year. I don't know how it works but I'm just going to say it's up to Disney, if they want to fine, if they don't just as fine.

Honestly what gets me more is people bringing up STO adding Leonard Nimoy memorials.

If they did add something for Carrie Fisher then they would have to, out of respect, add something for Christopher Lee (Count Dooku) who passed away last year. I don't know how it works but I'm just going to say it's up to Disney, if they want to fine, if they don't just as fine.

Honestly what gets me more is people bringing up STO adding Leonard Nimoy memorials.

ok, First I am going to admit something. I have not read all the posts in this thread. So if some of the points were mentioned already, consider this an apology in advance.

That said, As far as a memorial for Carrie Fisher, etc in game.

People have brought up STO. and that they have a memorial. And people have brought up that Princess Leia, Canonically does not exist in SWTOR.

Here is the thing. While STO does indeed take place after Nemesis (and by extension all proceeding ST stories), They do not have a memorial for Montgomery Scott, Lenard McCoy, or Spock. They have a memorial to Deforrest Kelley, Lenard Nemoy, and Various other actors who have played a role in Star Trek (and apologies to who ever's name I may or may not have mispelled). Despite the fact that there is no canon evidence of a person named "Deforrest Kelley" ever existing in Star Trek.

So I see no reason there can't be a memorial dedicated to Carrie Fisher, and any (and yes EVERY) person who has contributed to the franchise that is Star Wars. Would it take time to create? Yes it would. But I would love for them to do it, and acknowledge the passing of someone who meant a lot to the Star Wars fans who continue to play this game.

So I see no reason there can't be a memorial dedicated to Carrie Fisher, and any (and yes EVERY) person who has contributed to the franchise that is Star Wars........ acknowledge the passing of someone who meant a lot to the Star Wars fans who continue to play this game.

Sarcasm ON here (as in to be taken lightly for clarification).... this is somewhat contradictory because the guy who got Harrison Ford's coffee every morning (just assuming he did) contributed to the franchise but fans couldn't give two bantha poodoos about him. Or even better the guy who played Darth Vader, David Prowse.................. who? James Earl Jones was Darth Vader! Also don't forget this is forever a story driver MMO, DisnEAWare says if it don't fit iz not legit!

Sarcasm OFF now.

Sarcasm ON here (as in to be taken lightly for clarification).... this is somewhat contradictory because the guy who got Harrison Ford's coffee every morning (just assuming he did) contributed to the franchise but fans couldn't give two bantha poodoos about him. Or even better the guy who played Darth Vader, David Prowse.................. who? James Earl Jones was Darth Vader! Also don't forget this is forever a story driver MMO, DisnEAWare says if it don't fit iz not legit!

Sarcasm OFF now.

Ok, every person might be asking much. I mean, i doubt any game will honor some intern who got Harrison Ford coffee, just because yeah he was technically part of the franchise. In his own unique way.

But my point was STO (which is what many are comparing at this point). honored many people who contributed to Star Trek, not just the big names. I don't know all the people listed in the memorial, and even if I did know the names I probably wouldn't know who they all were. But I am pretty sure they weren't even necessarily all actors.

Again, my main point was STO decided to honor these people in-game with a memorial that listed the actual people's names. So there is no reason why Bioware/EA games/Disney (though I doubt Disney is directly involved) couldn't do something similar in this game. It is only a matter if they want to. Which I will admit, is pretty much up in the air at this point.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying, but it has nothing to do with the actual point of the post you quoted/replied to:

So just to be clear, Star Trek Online honored Carrie Fisher with a very nice tweet. SWTOR never even acknowledged her passing.

How freaking sad is that?

The poster above did not say there should be an in game memorial. They simply pointed out that STO's twitter made a nice post to pay respects, while TOR's twitter has not even acknowledged her passing. All that stuff you said about in game statues and count dooku has nothing to do with that unfortunate fact.

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

Sarcasm OFF now.

Your sarcastic remarks however, make perfect sense. How many people could really say who rode around in R2D2? Until recently, I couldn't have told you, but I could have said who played C3PO.

Couldn't tell you who played Chewie either :p Han, Leia, Luke, Vader's voice, Anakin, Padme, Lando (and I'd argue out of all mentioned in this list, he had the smallest part) and both Obi-Wan's are about it :p

When does it become a time to say "Maybe put up something in game." versus just saying "They will be missed."?