Statue of Carrie Fisher (or a member of Organa house) to honor her

blackphantome

I am conflicted. I like to see something done for her, yes. But, But it doesn't make sense in this time period of this game.

Now if there is a separate Page of the forum and some type or General Leia Organa Portrait was Painted or sketched or Statue made and put up as a tribute, or something like that Makes sense. Because then it becomes a Present day tribute for Carrie and the Role she played. It would have nothing to do with the game. Just a tribute for her because of the films she was in.

Perhaps for the game, an Ancient Holocron was found in a tomb of a Great Jedi Master, one so powerful in the force he/she had the foresight for the future, the Future Heroes of the Galaxy. One Stuck out the most a Young but Brave and Beautiful and Wise beyond her young age, a Princess that the vision would show a progression of her life from birth and the good she will do and the Lives she affected over her life time. ( over the Original trilogy and SW EP 7 films ),Til the day the Princess became a General and Continuing guiding the Galactic forces to victory until the holocron fades to black and nothing more can be seen.

Perhaps a small mission taking the PLAYER on a small adventure that will uncover the holocron and the player would sell it to a member of the Organa Family and the holocron would end up being handed down through the generations of Organas til one day, One Male Organa recognized the signs of the Holocron, that was coming true when he heard the mother name 1 of her new born twins, a female, Leia, but was confused when he heard her name Leia's twin brother, Luke? Nothing in the holocron showed a boy. But this Male member of the Organa family & House, he knew he most adopt and raise the new born female, and raise that little girl to be a Princess and so much more.

Before player sold the holocron he/she made a copy of it. They didn't really know why, it meant nothing to he/she, but they just wanted to have it.

Just a couple of ideas. If you like, say so. If you don't, What ever, lol

If you can, add to the synopses. Or if you got a better idea, lets hear it?

Ok, lets see what happens, lets see if BW gets inspired?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the forums and have only been playing STOR for a couple of months, but I think a statue or even a plaque commemorating Carrie Fisher would be very appropriate.

A little backstory here to illustrate that it could be done very easy by the powers that be.

I have played Star Trek Online for many years and when Lenard Nimby passed, like all of the fine folks on this post did, a huge outcry was made on the STO forums to place a statue or somehow remember him in game. What happened was this.

1. A statue of him was placed in all 3 of the major factions areas..

2, In each of those areas a plaque was also placed to not only remember him but all of the Star Trek family that had passed.

This was done with the next maintenance after his passing.

They also have set it up where when someone new passes his or her name is added to that plaque.

Should BW say that it would be hard to add something to the game that reflects the communities wishes maybe they should connect perfect world for advice on how to do it easily

God Bless you Carrie and as of this posting your mother as well, you are once again together.

This is why I hate the republic. They are such selfish people.

ANY memorial should be in an open easy to get to place for BOTH sides, not just half the player base.

I do agree with this. Maybe on both fleets or something. It doesn't matter HOW they do it so long as they do SOMETHING. It needs to be done. :(

Lack of response is disturbing.

Yeah right, as much as I would love this, BW will not do this, they do the bare minimum when it comes to this game. I love the new KOTET , but lets face it. BW does not care about their game anymore or their fanbase, otherwise they would have fixed the numerous bugs that plague this game and would actually try to please each player base a TINY bit. I mean if Ops, Flashpoints, Starfighter and PVP got even 1% of the attention of Story Content, which is what percentage we supposedly makeup of the population, we would be happy.

So sadly, I wouldn't hold my breath that they will do something like this. It wont make them money.

I too would ask for this.

I was thinking of something similar myself last night. A statue of Leia, with an appropriately coloured astromech stood at the foor of the statue with a Mon Calamari fleet officer (We also lost the Admiral Akbar actor this year also).

In my opinion, would ould fit best would be a statue reading "for a princess of the House Organa and her faithful Astromech". Everybody would then know as well who is meant.

I really like this suggestion - it's a smart way to address both the desire to see some kind of tribute and not mucking up the timeline of the galaxy. And the statue could be made to resemble Carrie - who's to say Leia didn't share a family resemblance with her great-great-(to the 20th power)-grandmother? :)

Personally I don't think it has to resemble anyone at all....

They can even use existing art in game.

Make a monument with the Alliance Symbol (The melded Imperial/Republic emblem). Place a very nice fire cauldron in front of it. Say 3 statutes on each side. Not specific characters, just generic Jedi/Smuggler/Trooper on one side and a generic Sith/Officer/Merc on the other side in a half circle. Place a plaque in front of the cauldron (again a NICE one, not one of those tiny clicky plaques). Have it say something like "In remembrance to those who shaped the galaxy" And then a list of the actors/actresses names when you hover over it (like those stupid plaques on Manaan).

I would almost think the best place to put it honestly would be Odessen. Make a new platform in that big wide area with nothing there right now. But I honestly think it should be a memorial to all that have been lost... Not just her...

EDIT: I suck at art, or I'd draw one out for ya... I can see it in my head.... Just can't make it...

Edited by Psychopyro

Yes she was, drugs and alcohol and she did her number of rehab stints. She also never kept it a secret and actually turned around and used her own story to call attention to the underlying issue which was her being manic depressive/bipolar. She took that negative stuff from her life and became a warrior and champion for mental health, became a role model and a symbol of strength and perseverance for every other person out there who's struggled in life, who's struggled with mental health problems and the likes. So while I agree drug abuse and addiction should never be promoted... in this case I'd consider a statue or tribute to Carrie/Leia as a salute to strength, a nod to a woman who taught many of us (myself at least) to keep fighting.

Well said! Carrie certainly did work hard to turn her life around and I know she has been an inspiration to many women - and men - who've also struggled with substance abuse and mental health issues. I've long admired her courage to share her struggles with the public and to use her fame to try to help others. Just this past June, she started what the British call an "Agony Aunt" column for the Guardian newspaper - kind of a "Dear Abby" sort of thing - where young people (and probably some older ones, too, I'd imagine :) ) could write to her for advice.

These things are part of why I loved seeing her in "The Force Awakens" because it showed both a character and a performer who had faced challenges over the years (destruction of home planet/rebelling against oppressive governments/trying to repair strained family relationships for Leia, and addiction/mental health/successfully repairing strained family relationships for Carrie and ) but hadn't just given up to wallow in self-pity. Here were both Leia and Carrie, strong women in charge of their lives and ready to keep up the fight. So, yes, I'd agree these are both women worthy of being remembered with honor.

Bioware isn't going to expend any resources for this. Their bean counters see no return on investment on this. This is all they care about now.

What they might do, is put an outfit on sale that looks like what Leia wore in the first movie, and call it Patriotic Princess, or something like that.

This completely. You are more likely to see a Carrie Fisher tribute in WoW than you are here. For real.

Remember when The Force Awakens came out and all the guards in Stormwind and Orgrimmar were walking around with light sabers to celebrate that MASSIVE POP CULTURAL EVENT? All SWTOR did was release Kylo Ren's light saber on the CM for some coin. You will get something similar now.

Truly, truly sad.

Edited by Lium

As a fan of Star Wars and the reason I played this game and KOTOR I & II was because of the original prequel trilogy and sequel. Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia. She was a Hero to many. She broke the glass ceiling for women in her role for movies. WE must have tribute to her in game. AS spock is to Star Trek and their game so is Princess Leia Organa Solo for Star Wars!!! Please honor her memory Bioware and add a Statue!!!! :):p Edited by shdwgrndGlider

SNIP.....

I know SWTOR is in the past of the movies, but surely this game is still part of the SW family, isn't it?

I'd love to see a tribute but I really am starting to think swtor isn't as much in the SW family as we all hoped it would be.

Like Lium mentioned above. You're likely to see a tribute in WOW before here and that's sad.

Edited by Quraswren

Quote: Originally Posted by Forren-Midosea View Post

No statue to the junkie. Not many of you are aware of that but she was addicted to drugs.

So i will say NO to promoting DRUG ABUSE and ACCITION.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...do you have ANY idea how idiotic and ignorant you sound in the above comment?

So just to be clear, Star Trek Online honored Carrie Fisher with a very nice tweet. SWTOR never even acknowledged her passing.

How freaking sad is that?

It's not sad at all. SWTOR is under no obligation to tweet about her death, it would be nice to make one, but that doesn't make not doing one disrespectful.

It's not sad at all. SWTOR is under no obligation to tweet about her death, it would be nice to make one, but that doesn't make not doing one disrespectful.

It's not about obligations. It's just the human side of it. However, Charles Boyd and Eric Musco for example have already acknowledged it in the meantime on their twitter accounts and that's cool.

No statues are needed from my viewpoint. More SW actors have died. I'd hate to be the one deciding who does or doesn't deserve a statue. Best they don't go there at all.