Statue of Carrie Fisher (or a member of Organa house) to honor her

blackphantome

No statue to the junkie. Not many of you are aware of that but she was addicted to drugs.

So i will say NO to promoting DRUG ABUSE and ACCITION.

I'm sorry, but this is ignorant and insensitive at best. You have no idea how hard it is to live with and deal with Bi-polar disorder and the toll it can take on one's mind and body. Living thru the hell everyday of not knowing how or why you feel or why thoughts race thru your head. Idiot people telling you to "pray it away" or "there's nothing wrong with you" or tell you how worthless you are because they don't understand. Unless you live thru it, you have no idea what it does to you or the people you love (or love you). Offhanded comments like this are what makes things worse for people who need help.

The amount of strength and sheer will it takes to recover from and not fall back to doing it is a testament to how hard she worked to overcome and still have to fight everyday. What those of us with the condition go thru everyday will never be understood without people speaking up and being strong, and that is what she taught us.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but this is ignorant and insensitive at best. You have no idea how hard it is to live with and deal with Bi-polar disorder and the toll it can take on one's mind and body. Living thru the hell everyday of not knowing how or why you feel or why thoughts race thru your head. Idiot people telling you to "pray it away" or "there's nothing wrong with you" or tell you how worthless you are because they don't understand. Unless you live thru it, you have no idea what it does to you or the people you love (or love you). Offhanded comments like this are what makes things worse for people who need help.

The amount of strength and sheer will it takes to recover from and not fall back to doing it is a testament to how hard she worked to overcome and still have to fight everyday. What those of us with the condition go thru everyday will never be understood without people speaking up and being strong, and that is what she taught us.

Well said! She was a brilliant person:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/27/14091392/carrie-fisher-author-books-screenplays-writing

A nice article if you can read french:

http://www.madmoizelle.com/carrie-fisher-deces-carriere-693121

Edited by Baldarhion

Not sure if it's a reasonable thing to request for SWTOR, but it does surprise me that BWA/SWTOR hasn't even acknowledged the death of Carrie Fisher in any media. They post an advertisement message on facebook to promote the game an hour ago, but they couldn't mention anything about her?

I know SWTOR is in the past of the movies, but surely this game is still part of the SW family, isn't it?

This is my thought as well. Something really needs to be done even if it is out of ERA for SWTOR.. in this case.. its not about the game but about honoring an amazing woman who was part of bringing Star Wars to life in the original trilogy.. not only that she has done so much since for a lot of people. She deserves nothing less and a SW game is the perfect place for some kind of tribute.

On Imperial Fleet there is a recreation of the scene where Darth Vader is talking to the group of bounty hunters like he did in one of the Star Wars movies. It is an OBVIOUS recreation to pay homage to the movies.

They can do something similar with Princess Leia's likeness with an Astromech by her side on Alderaan in House Organa quite easily, it doesn't even need to have her name tag on it. It could be "Heir to Alderaan" or "House organa Noble" with "Trusty Droid" with her.

They can put up a statue of her, but she would be Leia's decedent. No name is needed on the statue other than "House Organa", and perhaps the words "A New Hope". She could be the founder of the house, so to speak.

After all, any likeness they use of her, if they use in game models is not going to look that much like her anyway.

This way they can honor her without breaking the canon of the game.

I like it! The nameless statue!

And yet no post in the news section or here on the forums (from the developers) on Carrie Fisher's death but yet we Spoilers warning about Rogue One ... some Star Wars fans...

Yeah I find it a little sad there's been no word from the studio.. Musco and Boyd both retweeted a post from someone else but that's about it. Maybe it's yet to come.

When Robin Williams died a few years back, Blizzard actually dedicated a small section of their newly released Warcraft expansion to him. In WoD there's a small island off the coast where there's a bunch of items that are reminiscent of his career like some Mork and Mindy stuff, a lamp which you could click and it would spawn a Genie.. little things like that and he was just a fan/player of the game rather than someone directly involved in the franchise the way Carrie is tied to Star Wars. I know it's a different game but it's just an example of how something could be done that works while at the same time maintaining the game's own identity or in this case not blending canon with legends or whatever.

RIP Princess. The force was strong in you.

No statue to the junkie. Not many of you are aware of that but she was addicted to drugs.

Congratulations! You win today's biggest @#%^! on the internet prize! No idea how old you are, but even if you are 90, you still have a lot of growing up to do.

I was thinking about this last night while it was being talked about at House Organa. Why not a featureless statue called "The Princess" or something? We'd know who and what it is.

A statue called "The Princess" would be awesome. There are a bunch of statues on Alderaan that are curvy and holding books. Maybe there could be a statue of a featureless woman in a dress holding something in an outstretched hands (holocron, datachip, etc)?

I would love to hear something from the devs on this, even if it's just something simple like "we hear you and will look into it". Has anyone seen an official post about Carrie Fisher's passing at all? A few kind words at least?

No, not a single word period. Not on FB, not on Twitter, not on here. From Lucasfilm and EA Star Wars yeah but from the BW folks for SWTOR, zip. Well except Eric who retweeted someone's post of players coming together and Charles retweeted a msg from another writer for the game.

Edited by JennyFlynn

I'll say it and don't care if it gets me a ban. You are a idiot and a troll. Go back to school and learn to spell.

She took the bad in her life and turned it to good and has helped many people the world over who are struggling with mental health issues and addictions.

Not sure if it's a reasonable thing to request for SWTOR, but it does surprise me that BWA/SWTOR hasn't even acknowledged the death of Carrie Fisher in any media. They post an advertisement message on facebook to promote the game an hour ago, but they couldn't mention anything about her?

I know SWTOR is in the past of the movies, but surely this game is still part of the SW family, isn't it?

This just shows me these people have no clue as to who their paying customers are. I don't care if they are on vacation. The community managers, I AM TALKING TO YOU TAIT AND ERIC, could have taken a moment of your time to express your thoughts on her loss in the dev tracker. To do nothing is pathetic.

This just shows me these people have no clue as to who their paying customers are. I don't care if they are on vacation. The community managers, I AM TALKING TO YOU TAIT AND ERIC, could have taken a moment of your time to express your thoughts on her loss in the dev tracker. To do nothing is pathetic.

This not-reaction of BW makes me very sad! :(

I'd love to see something done!

There's plenty they can do that people have already suggested that doesn't break lore but I honestly wouldn't even care if whatever they did breaks lore.

Favourite suggestions:

- A statue/eternal flame type thing...

- Gary (Carrie's Dog) Pet for all the players (this would be super sweet)

I agree that it's completely appropriate to have a memorial of some kind, whether it breaks lore or not. There's a hundred ways to do it without breaking lore anyway! There's precedent for a memorial of a sort after all - that codex entry you can find on Ilum about the old abandoned base. Very cool to recognize prior game history like that, and this is no different.

We'll have to see if they acknowledge the idea after the holidays. I imagine everyone's on break right now, but I can't imagine they won't say SOMETHING.