Statue of Carrie Fisher (or a member of Organa house) to honor her

blackphantome

It would be a memorial if we could get a Statue of Carrie Fisher ingame or the statue of a member of the Organa house that looks like her. She is part of Star Wars as SWTOR is. Her role was 3600 years later but it would be nice if she could get honored by BioWare with a statue ingame.

I am sad.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a memorial if we could get a Statue of Carrie Fisher ingame or the statue of a member of the Organa house that looks like her. She is part of Star Wars as SWTOR is. Her role was 3600 years later but it would be nice if she could get honored by BioWare with a statue ingame.

I am sad.

THIS...and do not forget her faithful Astromech Droid either.

As much as I would like to see this happen, it's unlikely that such an memorial or statue of Leia will be put up at all considering the fact SWTOR takes place 3,500 years before the classic trilogy.

A statue of Carrie Organa and her astromech K2-B2 then?

Edited by Mubrak

Not sure if it's a reasonable thing to request for SWTOR, but it does surprise me that BWA/SWTOR hasn't even acknowledged the death of Carrie Fisher in any media. They post an advertisement message on facebook to promote the game an hour ago, but they couldn't mention anything about her?

I know SWTOR is in the past of the movies, but surely this game is still part of the SW family, isn't it?

In-game, there is alrady an astromech showing the hologram of a person - and it is used quite a lot throughout the game.

It wouldn't fit too well, but everybody would know who is meant.

In my opinion, would ould fit best would be a statue reading "for a princess of the House Organa and her faithful Astromech". Everybody would then know as well who is meant.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Not sure if it's a reasonable thing to request for SWTOR, but it does surprise me that BWA/SWTOR hasn't even acknowledged the death of Carrie Fisher in any media. They post an advertisement message on facebook to promote the game an hour ago, but they couldn't mention anything about her?

I know SWTOR is in the past of the movies, but surely this game is still part of the SW family, isn't it?

I want to think it's because they're out of the office this week. That FB ad may be an automated system, or a young intern's sole job or something. Still... it'd be nice if someone took a few moments to put something somewhere from EA, Bioware and SWTOR.

Yeah saw that too. Felt half tempted to bite their heads off for the fact they've got time to advertise CM fluff but don't acknowledge Carrie's passing in any way but I resisted knowing I'm a little emotional myself right now and hoping perhaps they're simply waiting for like an official statement from the higher ups or something.

But Princes Leia doesn't exist yet. She's 3-4k years in the future!

I don't care. We wouldn't have an Old Republic if it wasn't for the story that launched the Star Wars franchise in which Leia/Carrie played a massive role. The game's also had no issues riding the coat tails of that success by implementing a lot that reminiscent of the original movies (ie House Organa existing in our time line already) so canon/legends be damned. It wouldn't cost them a thing to honor her in some form.

I don't care. We wouldn't have an Old Republic if it wasn't for the story that launched the Star Wars franchise in which Leia/Carrie played a massive role. The game's also had no issues riding the coat tails of that success by implementing a lot that reminiscent of the original movies (ie House Organa existing in our time line already) so canon/legends be damned. It wouldn't cost them a thing to honor her in some form.

Pretty much this. She should be given a memorial in Republic Fleet at the very least!

Signed

Agreed!

RIP CARRIE FISHER! 😭

They can put up a statue of her, but she would be Leia's decedent. No name is needed on the statue other than "House Organa", and perhaps the words "A New Hope". She could be the founder of the house, so to speak.

After all, any likeness they use of her, if they use in game models is not going to look that much like her anyway.

This way they can honor her without breaking the canon of the game.

You can't actually expect them to create new content for this.

If there is an existing statue that will do the job then you maybe lucky.

All The Best

Star Trek Online did this for Leonard Nimoy - Spock statues on Vulcan and New Romulus. I see no reason why not to make a statue of a hero of house Organa, that "coincidentally" looks like Leia, on Alderaan in SWTOR. I mean, apart from devs not wanting to. But they could.

I agree something fitting should be done. Canon lawyers can take a back seat on this one. It doesn't even have to mention Leia or Carrier, or even a likeness, just some sort of monument to remember such an iconic figure to this universe.

Yes she was, drugs and alcohol and she did her number of rehab stints. She also never kept it a secret and actually turned around and used her own story to call attention to the underlying issue which was her being manic depressive/bipolar. She took that negative stuff from her life and became a warrior and champion for mental health, became a role model and a symbol of strength and perseverance for every other person out there who's struggled in life, who's struggled with mental health problems and the likes. So while I agree drug abuse and addiction should never be promoted... in this case I'd consider a statue or tribute to Carrie/Leia as a salute to strength, a nod to a woman who taught many of us (myself at least) to keep fighting.

Amen!

Still sad by the way! 😭

Bioware isn't going to expend any resources for this. Their bean counters see no return on investment on this. This is all they care about now.

What they might do, is put an outfit on sale that looks like what Leia wore in the first movie, and call it Patriotic Princess, or something like that.

No statue to the junkie. Not many of you are aware of that but she was addicted to drugs.

So i will say NO to promoting DRUG ABUSE and ACCITION.

So what? The singer Sia was an drug addict and alcoholic, too. And still, many people honor her for her work. Try to understand WHY they took drugs.

I really hope they do something in her memory - outfit, a holo statue (doesn't need to have her name, maybe something like "The princess" but looks like her) something like this. I would prefer something like a holo statue that I can carry with me instead of a statue on Alderaan but that would be nice as well.

Bioware isn't going to expend any resources for this. Their bean counters see no return on investment on this. This is all they care about now.

What they might do, is put an outfit on sale that looks like what Leia wore in the first movie, and call it Patriotic Princess, or something like that.

Exactly this. They will most likely put it up in the Cartel Market for 5000 cartel coins "to honour the patriotic princess" :rolleyes: