What is going on with dark/light alignment?

demotivator

I am aware that the levels have been adjusted with 5.0 and that Dark and Light V now require 100,000 points. Last week I realized that my main, that I played for 5 years and only ever made LS choices (or neutral at worst) was Light III, down from V. I have worked my way back to Light V that I hit over the weekend and yesterday my character was back to... Neutral. Yes you heard it, not even Light I. So I have to grind to Light V? Again?

What am I missing? Is it by design that our alignment gets reset? Or is my character simply bugged?

Edited by demotivator

I am aware that the levels have been adjusted with 5.0 and that Dark and Light V now require 100,000 points. Last week I realized that my main, that I played for 5 years and only ever made LS choices (or neutral at worst) was Light III. I have worked my way back to Light V that I hit over the weekend and yesterday my character was back to... Neutral. Yes you heard it, not even Light I. So I have to grind to Light V? Again?

What am I missing? Is it by design that our alignment gets reset? Or is my character simply bugged?

Bugged. You shouldn't have even had to get it back up to Light V in the first place if you were already Light V. Mine started at the full 100,000 for both of my characters that I reach Light and Dark V for after the update.

Yeah, sounds bugged. Also make sure that your choice for the DvL matches what alignment you want your character. I think Imp players are dark by default and Rep players are light by default. This choice will affect your personal alignment - whether that is a bug or not I don't know.

My alignment on my main dropped Light V to 0 last week after I logged out in Section X. I had to use crew skills to get back up to Light II so I could use my lightsabres again... sure, I had the bratslayer, but I didn't have a spare offhand. :(

Really hope that doesn't happen again - 200 crew skill missions takes a while.

Also make sure that your choice for the DvL matches what alignment you want your character.

It is. Heck I am so concerned that whenever I get a warzone or a flashpoint popping I click several times on the Light button to make sure DS is not selected. Yet my alignment is all over the place. Since my initial post where I was Neutral, I had reached Light I. And now I am back to Neutral again for no reason... I don't have Diplomacy on this character so that's not me overlooking the alignment gain of the missions either.

Edited by demotivator

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...