Golds are to be bumped to 2 CXP!

Aletheos

but remember,

[bw ] doesn't consider farming gold mobs to be an exploit.

So, they are going to bump up the CXP for champions a bit more to 2 points.

DOWN FROM 10!

Its not an exploit to do it but if you do. Expect bw to slap you for it and punish the entire player base because a rare few did farm gold mobs.

Edited by Quraswren

but remember,

DOWN FROM 10!

Its not an exploit to do it but if you do. Expect bw to slap you for it and punish the entire player base because a rare few did farm gold mobs.

Champion mobs are 23 cxp? I got 23 from killing the walkers last night

Well this really comes down to a few basic things:

1. BioWare wants you to engage in endgame content, not circumvent it by grinding mobs.

2. BioWare does not want a large portion of players hitting the command rank cap and getting far ahead of everybody else.

3. This change was more so to facilitate a boost in cxp for those doing heroics more so than those who just want to grind gold mobs all day.

but remember,

DOWN FROM 10!

What's truly sad is that they could have doubled the original value (from 10 -> 20) and given me free CXP boosters for life (so 25 per) and it wouldn't make me any more willing to re-grind stale content.

Well this really comes down to a few basic things:

1. BioWare wants you to engage in endgame content, not circumvent it by grinding mobs.

2. BioWare does not want a large portion of players hitting the command rank cap and getting far ahead of everybody else.

3. This change was more so to facilitate a boost in cxp for those doing heroics more so than those who just want to grind gold mobs all day.

1. I want to play how I want to play. I really don't want to spend all day killing the same mobs over and over but if some one wants to, LET THEM. Who really cares if the person with the best gear in the game got that way by killing 8 mobs thousands and thousands of times. If that same person spent the same kind of time doing say PVP the whole time, they would still have got to the cap. If that were the case, would they have nerfed CXP per warzone to 10? Based on their reaction to gold mob farming, probably.

2. That is just plain stupid and very short term thinking and unless you work for BW you have no way to verify if it is correct or not. So what if people are ahead? No matter what they do, some people will try and race to be first. After a few months it really won't even matter. Some people will be at the cap, others will be rolling alts and starting them from rank 1.

3. If you want to facilitate a boost in cxp for those doing heroics, put it back to 10 and let the people that want to grind killing golds like its their full time job kill them and get 10cxp as well.

Their reaction to this was extremely extreme. From 10 to 1? And the fact that they remain very reluctant to back down now suggest to me that gold mob farming with 10 CXP was really screwing up their system. But I don't get it. Why? Was it the ability to reach high Command Ranks fast? Because they can raise the cap to 1000000 any time they want. I just don't get it. Edited by Altus_Esterhazy

1. I want to play how I want to play. I really don't want to spend all day killing the same mobs over and over but if some one wants to, LET THEM. Who really cares if the person with the best gear in the game got that way by killing 8 mobs thousands and thousands of times. If that same person spent the same kind of time doing say PVP the whole time, they would still have got to the cap. If that were the case, would they have nerfed CXP per warzone to 10? Based on their reaction to gold mob farming, probably.

2. That is just plain stupid and very short term thinking and unless you work for BW you have no way to verify if it is correct or not. So what if people are ahead? No matter what they do, some people will try and race to be first. After a few months it really won't even matter. Some people will be at the cap, others will be rolling alts and starting them from rank 1.

3. If you want to facilitate a boost in cxp for those doing heroics, put it back to 10 and let the people that want to grind killing golds like its their full time job kill them and get 10cxp as well.

The big problem with that is that you can go into early planet heroics and essentially one shot gold mobs all day with ease, so at 10cxp a clip, it becomes the be all end all fastest way to get cxp, hence it becomes the ONLY way to gain cxp. I would concur that dropping it to 1 was a bit brutal, Im more for a compromise of say... like 4 or 5. What really needs to happen, is that they need to design more content for people to do once the story is over. There need to be more FPs, WZs, OPS, quests, both regular and heroic, and some daily ones as well. Make the companions have quests that open up conversation (and possible romance) options. Just flood the endgame with so many things to do, that people don't mind doing them, and can mix it up, and not have the same daily grind every single day....

The big problem with that is that you can go into early planet heroics and essentially one shot gold mobs all day with ease, so at 10cxp a clip, it becomes the be all end all fastest way to get cxp, hence it becomes the ONLY way to gain cxp. I would concur that dropping it to 1 was a bit brutal, Im more for a compromise of say... like 4 or 5. What really needs to happen, is that they need to design more content for people to do once the story is over. There need to be more FPs, WZs, OPS, quests, both regular and heroic, and some daily ones as well. Make the companions have quests that open up conversation (and possible romance) options. Just flood the endgame with so many things to do, that people don't mind doing them, and can mix it up, and not have the same daily grind every single day....

There are other way to balance it out which really should have been worked out before release. Possible things like lowering xp depending on the difficulty. Mobs on starter plantes, 1cxp. Increase to 2cxp on higher level planets all the way to 10xp for lvl 70 gold mobs. Put in a daily cap from specific activities like say 1/7 of the weekly cap from farming mobs. That way if you want to farm all day, sure, but you will have to do it every day or pick something else to do instead or you won't reach the cap.

There are other way to balance it out which really should have been worked out before release. Possible things like lowering xp depending on the difficulty. Mobs on starter plantes, 1cxp. Increase to 2cxp on higher level planets all the way to 10xp for lvl 70 gold mobs. Put in a daily cap from specific activities like say 1/7 of the weekly cap from farming mobs. That way if you want to farm all day, sure, but you will have to do it every day or pick something else to do instead or you won't reach the cap.

Yeah, there are a multitude of solutions that would have made it stronger, and they definitely should have had those considered at launch. GW2 has a similar problem, in that they don't have a PTR where things can get tested out, and where player feedback can actually stop or change an idea. Bioware just internally tests it, loves it (because they made it, and therefore its money), then throws it out for consumption, and then they're somewhat shocked when people don't like it. If they put it out in alpha and beta stages, then they could see how many people love it, how many people hate it, and if they hate it, what could they change about it to make them love it.

This is the last straw for me. I've taken the credit cards off the account. I'll stick around to finish KOTET on a few toons but when my sub lapses in 45 days I'm out of here until they start listening to the player base on the CXP system. Heck, the RNG didn't bother me that much, but when you take a horrendous grind and make it even more horrendous, you're being absolutely clueless. They need to make CXP legacy-wide and raise the rewards to make it a more reasonable grind. If they do that, maybe I'll come back.

And no, you can't have my stuff. Which is too bad, because I do have lots of stuff.

LoL

Grinding elites and gold's is not an exploit but we detuned them because someone did what they said was too much to achieve within a week in a 3 day period.

Speak with your bank accounts and show EA who's boss

Thats exactly what it boils down to.

Someone played a game in a wya the don't think you should. Even though that type is player is extremely rare. Someone willwing to grind 31K mobs in a short amount of time. So who has the knee jerk reaction now. Oh you bet that was bw when they nerfed the entire player base because of this extremely rare grinding player.

It's like nerfing everyone because a few do RP or because a few hit the hardest content. EVeryone has to suffer for those few.

It's mindbogglingly poor management design and development but hey. Lets just watch it and see what happen, its not really an exploit anyway.

Today the players make due. BW has decided to double that. Tomorrow the players make doo doo.

If I could give you a prize I would but bw has left me with nothing but RNG so I have nothing to give you.

But through that joke, you still win though.

Edited by Quraswren

Someone played a game in a wya the don't think you should. Even though that type is player is extremely rare. Someone willwing to grind 31K mobs in a short amount of time.

If 1 person could do it, others will. Im seeing lots of calls on fleet for "CXP grind group". Bioware want (and probably desperately need) to keep a certain number of subs or else the game starts making a loss.

If people reach max CXP rank in 9 days, play a bit, get bored then unsub it will kill the game.

The fact that someone could reach level 100 out of 300 in 3 days (for a system obviously designed to last a YEAR) is a FLAW.

Im still seeing 240 mods for sale on fleet, so people are STILL getting to at least CXP level 90 in just over a WEEK.

Best way to fix this whole mess is to put in a soft cap on each bracket of content / week, if you had a cap of XXXXXX CXP / week from doing "whatever content", and then you start to get diminishing returns from that particular content be that farming mobs or whatever, it would encourage people to try and do other content then their preffered one after hitting the softcap but for those diehard players that only chose to focus on part of the content you would still get progress (aka 1 CXP / gold mob)

This way you can be generous with CXP from content and make if feel worthwhile to do everything and not just pigeonhole everyone into doing one thing.