5.0 Bolster INFO so far for t1 (DPS/HEALS)

kissingaiur

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so,

only barrels 230+ and best augments are better than old pvp 208 in pvp with bolster, for now?

Barrels, hilts and armorings (if you care about armor and damage reduction %) for sure, other isolated bits that she calls out in the details.

Edited by stoopicus

healer specc only or is this also true for dps? They bolster differently somehow

Spec base bolster slightly different. DPS are given Accuracy for some tertiary stat. The scaling of bolster per gear is still the same. 208 are good for both.

Edited by kissingaiur

So for someone who has never pvp'd much in this game (ie has zero of the old pvp gear, 208 or otherwise), what should I be shooting for as far as entry level gear to begin pvping with? Just buy/craft 228s?

So for someone who has never pvp'd much in this game (ie has zero of the old pvp gear, 208 or otherwise), what should I be shooting for as far as entry level gear to begin pvping with? Just buy/craft 228s?

I'd go with a full set of PvE 208.

230 are slightly better or the same as 208. 230 vs 208 sometimes it's hard to tell because a lot of it has to do with stat conversion from tertsery to power/mastery. For sure though mods/armorings are static increase from the 208, full 230 enhancements are better only in a full set and 230 barrel/hilt are a huge increase over 208. I found ear/implants almost exactly the same.

230 are roughly better on paper but the difference is only by a slight amount in the end which is hardly notiable. That's why it's better to just wait to gear for t2 or buy t2+.

Would I be right in saying it's better to keep the 208 pvp gear because of the set bonus? Even if the 230 gear gives a small increase in stats, I'm sure the pvp gear set bonus, more than makes up for that

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Would I be right in saying it's better to keep the 208 pvp gear because of the set bonus? Even if the 230 gear gives a small increase in stats, I'm sure the pvp gears set bonus, more than makes up for that

You're correct, you should not break your six piece set bonus for a minor stat increase. But the 230 "MK-3" gear that comes in crates will have the set bonus and be a slight stat increase so there's no reason not to use those.

It's the 230 blues (I think they're labeled "MK-2" but am not sure off the top of my head) that should be watched out for. The armorings do not have a set bonus and the mods are not low endurance, which therefore bolster poorly compared to 208 mods. The enhancements, oddly, are low endurance and essentially exactly equivalent to the purple MK-3 230 enhancements.

You're correct, you should not break your six piece set bonus for a minor stat increase. But the 230 "MK-3" gear that comes in crates will have the set bonus and be a slight stat increase so there's no reason not to use those.

It's the 230 blues (I think they're labeled "MK-2" but am not sure off the top of my head) that should be watched out for. The armorings do not have a set bonus and the mods are not low endurance, which therefore bolster poorly compared to 208 mods. The enhancements, oddly, are low endurance and essentially exactly equivalent to the purple MK-3 230 enhancements.

But I'm guessing you need 6 pieces of that 230 gear to get the set bonus?

But I'm guessing you need 6 pieces of that 230 gear to get the set bonus?

If I am understanding your question correctly...no. Three of the old 208 armorings and 3 of the new MK-3 armorings, for example, will combine (or however you want to phrase it) to give your six piece. Each time the RNG gods grant you a new set bonus armoring in a crate you can go ahead and put it into your gear -- it'll sync up with your other ones regardless of differing item ratings.

Edited by yellow_

Either I have the worst luck, or certain gear pieces are higher chance to drop as well. No exaggeration, I have gotten this damn combat medics belt 6 times now.

The current system is truly garbage. 5.1 can't come soon enough.

If I am understanding your question correctly...no. Three of the old 208 armorings and 3 of the new MK-3 armorings, for example, will combine (or however you want to phrase it) to give your six piece. Each time the RNG gods grant you a new set bonus armoring in a crate you can go ahead and put it into your gear -- it'll sync up with your other ones regardless of differing item ratings.

So they will drop the same set bonuses as the old pvp gear? I wasn't sure, which is what I was asking.

little confused here..from all this yall saying 208 gear is best gear to use in wz cause of bolster..my sin is full 240/242 min/max..with bolster in wz's i'm at 3843 total damage..now i did a wz with another lvl 70 toon with 208's and her total damage from wz bolster was like 3630..

if i'm missing something or have the wrong idea..higher you go in gear better your total damage will be..cause common sense kind of tell me..if one toon at 3800+ and another toon at 3600+..the toon at 3800 gonna hit harder and do more damage..

i might have it backwards or not a clue..i'm not a perfect so Anna or Doc..what is the whole idea of the 208 gear stats..yall trying to say it best to use overall cause of bolster..if you are starting out and don't have acess to higher tier gear..just trying to see the bigger picture or what i'm missing..

Hilts and armorings make a huge difference. The other gear not so much for t1 (at least up through 230, as far as I have tested myself). Some things (relics, implants) are better at 208 than at least some of the higher levels.

But you should definitely max out hilts/barrels, armorings, and augments. I saw a 2% DR difference even just between 208 and 228 for armorings, for example.

for 240+ - If you look in the last table in her first post you'll see that there's a significant mastery and power gain after bolstering for going full 240 vs full 208 as well. You may be seeing that.

Also, 242 may be above the bolster cap, I don't think Hottie has tested that yet. She was still seeing 240 bolster up.

She has the details in her posts. I've just given you the extreme simplification.

Your experience is interesting too - in a way it is really interesting that full 240/242 only gives a 6% damage increase over full 208 post-bolster. Significant but nothing you need to mortgage the house to buy. What do your bonus and force damage numbers look like?

I'd also be super interested in hearing how your numbers look with full 208 for mods and enhancements but 240 armorings and hilts.

Bolster is just weird. As I mentioned above, I took a L65 lightning sorc and put her in the DvL XP suit (item rating 128) filled with green vendor 210 DPS mods and enhancements, and she bolstered to higher HP than my L70 Immortal Jugg in full 228 DPS gear.

Edited by stoopicus

little confused here..from all this yall saying 208 gear is best gear to use in wz cause of bolster..my sin is full 240/242 min/max..with bolster in wz's i'm at 3843 total damage..now i did a wz with another lvl 70 toon with 208's and her total damage from wz bolster was like 3630..

if i'm missing something or have the wrong idea..higher you go in gear better your total damage will be..cause common sense kind of tell me..if one toon at 3800+ and another toon at 3600+..the toon at 3800 gonna hit harder and do more damage..

i might have it backwards or not a clue..i'm not a perfect so Anna or Doc..what is the whole idea of the 208 gear stats..yall trying to say it best to use overall cause of bolster..if you are starting out and don't have acess to higher tier gear..just trying to see the bigger picture or what i'm missing..

If you read carefully it is not what we are saying. We have discovered that 208s bolster very well over t1 craft drops. 240+ mods/enhancements/armorings are superior to 208 ones. Barrels/hilts any increase in gear rating is an upgrade because of the gain in tech power/force power.

The only strange differences is how high endurance crafted gear and blue high endurance gear (that you get from crates) bolsters. Majority of high END even having a higher armor rating bolsters worse than our low end 208 gear. This statement is referring to the test i did yesterday where I comparied a 240 purple crafted implant (which on paper almost doubles all my stats and looks like a huge increase) to my old 208 implant. The test resulted in the 208 > 240. Just be careful and never assume that gear rating means it's better than what you have is the moral here. Low END scales better with bolster if you are looking for hps/dps upgrades.

The other weird bolster is relics. You would think that higher gear rating relics would be a static increase because of the larger proc and added stats. This isn't the case. 208 purple relics look superior currently because of weird mastery gains (so far).

Basically tldr of our findings.

If you read carefully it is not what we are saying. We have discovered that 208s bolster very well over t1 craft drops. 240+ mods/enhancements/armorings are superior to 208 ones. Barrels/hilts any increase in gear rating is an upgrade because of the gain in tech power/force power.

The only strange differences is how high endurance crafted gear and blue high endurance gear (that you get from crates) bolsters. Majority of high END even having a higher armor rating bolsters worse than our low end 208 gear. This statement is referring to the test i did yesterday where I comparied a 240 purple crafted implant (which on paper almost doubles all my stats and looks like a huge increase) to my old 208 implant. The test resulted in the 208 > 240. Just be careful and never assume that gear rating means it's better than what you have is the moral here. Low END scales better with bolster if you are looking for hps/dps upgrades.

The other weird bolster is relics. You would think that higher gear rating relics would be a static increase because of the larger proc and added stats. This isn't the case. 208 purple relics look superior currently because of weird mastery gains (so far).

Basically tldr of our findings.

ty Anna..finally understand now.i wont say anymore about it..

Armoring 240 vs 234

234 armoring (Versatile Armoring 52)

Mastery: 7428

Endurance: 8892

Power: 3944

Critical: 2190

Alacrity: 1821

Bonus Damage: 3545.4

Bonus Healing: 2559.5

Damage Reduct: 29.12

240 armoring (Advance Versatile Armoring 51)

Mastery: 7430 (+2)

Endurance: 8886 (-6)

Power: 3937 (-5)

Critical: 2184 (-6)

Alacrity: 1817 (-4)

Bonus Damage: 3544.2

Bonus Healing: 2558.6

Damage Reduct: 29.21 (+.10)

Conclusion: 234 > 240 armoring. 240 armoring is bolstering down? What? :(

Edit: Note please be aware that this might be based on my gear. Maybe bolster have reached its tipping point. It is the only thing I can think of that would result in a bolstering down of an armoring with a higher tier

Edited by kissingaiur

Armoring 240 vs 234

234 armoring (Versatile Armoring 52)

Mastery: 7428

Endurance: 8892

Power: 3944

Critical: 2190

Alacrity: 1821

Bonus Damage: 3545.4

Bonus Healing: 2559.5

Damage Reduct: 29.12

240 armoring (Advance Versatile Armoring 51)

Mastery: 7430 (+2)

Endurance: 8886 (-6)

Power: 3937 (-5)

Critical: 2184 (-6)

Alacrity: 1817 (-4)

Bonus Damage: 3544.2

Bonus Healing: 2558.6

Damage Reduct: 29.21 (+.10)

Conclusion: 234 > 240 armoring. 240 armoring is bolstering down? What? :(

Edit: Note please be aware that this might be based on my gear. Maybe bolster have reached its tipping point. It is the only thing I can think of that would result in a bolstering down of an armoring with a higher tier

still better than the 208's I assume though, right?