Where's master Ranos?

Deaconik

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the alert in my mail I just clicked on it and she just replaced my current companion

That's not an alert. That's the instant summon that both Eternal and Legendary got. Legendary tier did not get the alert like Eternal did, even though Eternal is less than Legendary.

I finished legendary I got everything including the companion

The problem is not the instant summon of the companion. Everyone got that who was supposed to get it. It's the alliance alert that was missing for Legendary.

Please stop throwing Bioware off the trail, we get it, you used the instant summon, that's not the problem here

The problem is not the instant summon of the companion. Everyone got that who was supposed to get it. It's the alliance alert that was missing for Legendary.

Please stop throwing Bioware off the trail, we get it, you used the instant summon, that's not the problem here

Also missing for some Eternal.

Legendary Status, Character Completed KotFE and KotET prior to mail.

Got Mail

No Alert

Used Item

Current Companion disappeared, no Master Ranos

Character was currently retying KotFE Ch2 on Veteran mode. Changed to new Chapter later in the story and it did not activate the alert.

Logged to different Character whom had completed KotFE but not started KotET. No alert, but Mail device worked.

So you got no Alert on either character.

But on one character the mail device worked, and on another it didn't.

/facepalm.

Oh, Bioware.

I am joining to the discussion to share another problem with Ranos. I logged in to my Inquisitor, with all chapters finished and had reached eternal (almost legendary before reset). I had the alliance alert, met Ranos, talked to her, welcomed her aboard and she said "You know where to find me". Guess what? She disappeared from Odessen and never unlocked as companion to me. Tried using the holocomm afterwards and it did not work as it told me I had already done her recruitment. I checked and some other people on general chat seem to have had the issue...:rak_mad:

Just wanted to chime in for what it's worth. I finished the DvL event up to "eternal" level. I logged in on a character who'd finished KotET, but didn't do all the alerts. I got the alert for her character, did her lil conversations, and welcomed her to my team. She was in my companion menu....I summoned her and immediately changed her into the revealing bodysuit (with a dark blue dye). :D

So I was able to get Master Ranos through the holocommunicator on one of my DvL alts, but when I used the communicator on my main nothing happened. Is that deliberate? Is she available only to DvL characters?

No, account wide. I have claim her on 5 of my toons and only one of them was a DvL character but I am doing the alert so far on my toons as most have started the story.

Edited by casirabit

I also got her in the mail but no alert (on the one character who's progressed enough to be doing alert missions). I don't remember which tier it's called, but I did the second-to-last tier (the minimum you needed to do to get her). I submitted an in-game bug report about it. I hope they fix that so I can do the mission to talk to her.

Sounds like they messed up. ¬_¬ How much you betting that the alert only shows up if you haven’t completed all the chapters, aka still in Kofte or have some alliance alerts still buzzing around. Bloody sounds like it to me. Edited by StarkHelsing