Where's master Ranos?

Deaconik

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to Eternal but not Legendary on a couple of alternative servers during the event; unfortunately, I don't have anyone in the right story spot to get the alert on those. Might try speed-running KotFE later today and see if those get it or not, just to see if it's tied to the accounts or the achievements.

Legendary here, got email, no alert.

I saw someone post in the DvL achievement-wipe threads that they bet that would affect this as well, and looks like they were right. Really adds fuel to the fire that wiping the achievements was not planned and they backpedaled and lied about the reasoning, and now it's affecting other things related to them.

Now that they're fixing the achievements in "some way" maybe they'll find the time to address this as well

Bioware please respond to this thread, after messing up so many people with the DvL achievements this is just... :eek:

I could understand if everyone was affected equally, but making it only punish the Legendary tier? That's pretty low :rak_02:

I really hate to post this, but:

The bug isn't as simple as "those who did Eternal got it".

I only finished up to Legendary on the LvD. I did finish the 16 chapters of KotFE, and I'm on Ch 8 (Veteran Mode) of KotET.

When I saw the flashing alliance alert I clicked the symbol to teleport to contact. Had a long convo with Ranos in which she told me a little bit about Nadia (which was encouraging, because at least maybe somebody at Bioware gets that we want our companions back.) After going through most of the conversation options I picked "Glad to have you aboard", or some such thing.

The convo ended and she is on my list of companions. I can summon her.

I wanted to give as much info as possible so maybe people can figure out what the bug is.

This bug really sucks. This companion was the main thing I looked forward to from LvD. Hope they fix it soon.

Quick survey on this, too:

For the people who got versus didn't get the Alert, were you Eternal or Legendary?

I've seen a couple who were Legendary posting they didn't get it, and it's the same here.

Is it possible that those of you did were Eternal? Maybe it's tied to that.

The one character I had the alert had the following done: (The rest I haven't checked yet)

(1) Finished all the chapters in both expansion

(2) Was just eternal- very little legendary

(3) Had done all the alerts already.

Hope this helps.

Edited by casirabit

I only finished up to Legendary on the LvD.
You say you ONLY finished up to Legendary.

Legendary was the end.

Did you actually do 100% or do you mean you only did up to Eternal (which confirms our theory) and didn't do Legendary.

You say you ONLY finished up to Legendary.

Legendary was the end.

Did you actually do 100% or do you mean you only did up to Eternal (which confirms our theory) and didn't do Legendary.

Oops, lol, I got things backward. Yes, I only did Eternal.

So yeah, that confirms the bug. Wow, that is one really sucky bug.

Like. That is an atrocious bug.

Edited by Darkbloom

Did Eternal, got mails, no alert on my 1 character finished KotFE chapters, but not started anything else.

Has the starfortresses, Lokin, Rusk and Broonmark alerts in there now.

ETA - Have not used the holo from mail to summon on any character yet, was going to do by alert on this one first.

Edited by docbenwayddo

I thought it was eternal for the companion from the last time I read it

it is eternal

http://www.swtor.com/dark-vs-light/rewards

Legendary was for the 2 sets + tank mount

If the people did Legendary, they already did Eternal. Legendary is the top, you can't have it without the others. Anyone who did Legendary is getting screwed out of the alliance alert. That is the issue. Everyone who did Legendary is supposed to get exactly the same thing as anyone who just stopped at Eternal, plus the Legendary rewards.

It's not like someone did Eternal, no Legendary, they get the special companion to themselves. Anyone who did Legendary gets all that plus the extra stuff beyond Eternal, not one or the other.

ok so eternal get it and Legendary don't. but some Eternal don't get it.... Noticed something about outstanding alerts from the last post - I had completed all alerts before and this one appeared. Maybe you have to complete all alerts before it shows up?

Customer service says it's not a bug had to do legendary it seems

They're wrong. Eternal was the threshold for the companion.

The problem is anyone who did Legendary (the tier ABOVE Eternal) they got the companion in the mail but NOT the alliance alert. Anyone who just stopped at Eternal gets the alliance alert.

Nice to see customer service on top of things :rolleyes:

ok so eternal get it and Legendary don't. but some Eternal don't get it.... Noticed something about outstanding alerts from the last post - I had completed all alerts before and this one appeared. Maybe you have to complete all alerts before it shows up?

I finished legendary I got everything including the companion

Legendary Status, Character Completed KotFE and KotET prior to mail.

Got Mail

No Alert

Used Item

Current Companion disappeared, no Master Ranos

Character was currently retying KotFE Ch2 on Veteran mode. Changed to new Chapter later in the story and it did not activate the alert.

Logged to different Character whom had completed KotFE but not started KotET. No alert, but Mail device worked.