Is senyas pike really that unpopular?

Zasszz

Why would I want my sin / shadow running around with a weapon that has a (light)blade on the one end and a piece of metal on the other that, when I hit an enemy with it, makes the same sound as hitting him with the sabre end.

These weapons were made for a class that isn't available to us as a playable class. The mobs that carry them wield them as a two handed weapon, but strike only with the blade, not with the piece of metal.

I'm glad I haven't seen anyone using it first hand yet, as it lacks any and every authenticity and I will be forced to ruin that poor lad's day by pointing out how stupid his toon looks.

that's exactly what i was thinking too. when i first saw it, all i could think was wow that looks really bad. i know you don't use a pike like that.

that's exactly what i was thinking too. when i first saw it, all i could think was wow that looks really bad. i know you don't use a pike like that.

Exactly.

What I'm hoping for is a new class in the not too distant future. One that is actually designed to wield a pike. And with 5.0 it could become more likely that we'll get one, seeing as:

1) They're removing all the base classes. With those in place, the introduction of any new class would have required either a new discipline for every AC or a new base class with two ACs. As of 5.0, they only need to add one "AC" with 3 disciplines.

2) We have a new "faction" that has basically already shown us the new possible class with the Knights and due to this would have less conflict with the lore.

and 3)

We already got to wield a shield in the final fight with Arcann, which could have been a slight teaser for things to come. Imagine that. Pike and Shield, Phalanx style. I feel all tingly :D

Alas, I do tend to dream of Unobtainium.... We shall see.

I wouldn't want it at anything more than a silver rarity price. I just don't find it to be an iconic item.

I was trying to figure out how to respond in this thread, but this seems to be it.

I would've definitely picked it up if it were cheap, would find some use for it, but millions? Heh. No, thank you. It's not that great.

Edited by cyrusramsey