Is senyas pike really that unpopular?

Zasszz

Its been pointed out to me that only two classes can carry this item and its doubtful that anyone would buy this rather expensive looking item just for companions.

I aquired one a few days ago but then decided against using it so I thought selling a platin item would yield a nice sum so I could finally go after the defiant vented lightsaber. Well, that was the plan. But it seems nobody wants these. There are less than five usually in the GTN, including mine. Yet the same sellers try it next to me. Its even more curious because my server appears small with about 120 people on the fleet during the day on both sides.

Or is the pike one of those items that are undesirable regardless of its "quality" ?

Some of us are just collectors and want to make sure each and every box is checked off in our Collections panels.

Would I pay 100 million for it though? Doubtful. My extreme upper link is 10million.

Edited by dr_mike

Why would I want my sin / shadow running around with a weapon that has a (light)blade on the one end and a piece of metal on the other that, when I hit an enemy with it, makes the same sound as hitting him with the sabre end.

These weapons were made for a class that isn't available to us as a playable class. The mobs that carry them wield them as a two handed weapon, but strike only with the blade, not with the piece of metal.

I'm glad I haven't seen anyone using it first hand yet, as it lacks any and every authenticity and I will be forced to ruin that poor lad's day by pointing out how stupid his toon looks.

You probably jacked up the price to unreasonable extremes.

My server is mostly dead so the gtn doesn't see much traffic to begin with but when I sell things I don't sell for more than the pref credit cap. This makes the item obtainable for ANYONE who wants to give me their credits.

Why would I want my sin / shadow running around with a weapon that has a (light)blade on the one end and a piece of metal on the other that, when I hit an enemy with it, makes the same sound as hitting him with the sabre end.

These weapons were made for a class that isn't available to us as a playable class. The mobs that carry them wield them as a two handed weapon, but strike only with the blade, not with the piece of metal.

I'm glad I haven't seen anyone using it first hand yet, as it lacks any and every authenticity and I will be forced to ruin that poor lad's day by pointing out how stupid his toon looks.

Exactly this.

How much you selling it for? Whenever I've come into possession of something that I think will sell a couple mil as the going market says...it's not true. I prefer my double bladed saber on my sin alt but there is zero way I'm spending more than 6 mil on her because I'm routinely broke and kotet isn't alt friendly. My main JK can't use it so not interested.

You'll sell it but if you're trying like the others at 77 mil eCT then no. You won't.

Edited by americanaussie

I'd buy it if it weren't listed for 100 million+. Just not worth the price.

I'd consider spending maybe 5-10 million on any item, as an general rule of upper limit. I could pay more, but refuse point blank to do so. I just see sellers listing at high prices as whales of the game and refuse to support them with my credits earned in the game.

I generally sell items 1-2% lower than the cheapest seller in the GTN. Keeps the prices abit more stable. At the first day I had it the price was over 200mil and it fell since then down to 72mil. Right now its going lower by 500.000 credits every twelve hours or so.

I tried to trade it for a defiant vented lightsaber but people dont seem to be interested in that.

Edited by Zasszz

That's good to know . When I heard about them (havent seen one yet lol)....I was puzzeled if we get a change of animation at using them .

If you can't use them the same way the knight do....I would feel ripped off . Not that I want one hahaha...I use lame lightsaber..I get from story and stick with those .

I'd buy it if it weren't listed for 100 million+. Just not worth the price.

This^^ i want the pike but i wont pay 100 mill for it hell on my server its on the GTN for 200 mill, at max id go for 10 but no higher.

Edited by Kaisernick

If it guaranteed a new move set when equipped, I might be tempted to pay 50 million. I have the credits. That's not the issue. But at 100 million, I can buy 4-5 hypercrates and enjoy opening them and maybe get one that way. Direct buy at that price is simply unappealing.

I did pay 30 million for the luggerwhal mount after 15 hypercrates of no luck, though. It's a cool mount.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

I'd get one too if it were not so expensive, I love the look. Shadow/Assassin is not exactly my main go-to class though so I dont feel invested enough to burn the kind of money people are asking for alts that dont get regular play on my acco.

I think the idea of the pike is quite cool, what I'll never get though is the fact why it is so over prived at the GTN. A weapon that is only ment to be used by an assassin or shadow, which means your pool of potential buyers is quite small. Supply and demand is basic economics so the price should be lower compared to Senya's lightsaber, wouldn't you agree?

Rarely does an item actually sell for what others are listing it for. The exception to this general rule is consumables like crafted dyes because the supply/demand is steady enough that a relatively fixed price develops.

The rarer the item (aka: the lower the supply) the more likely it is you'll have people selling the item for more than most players are willing to pay. If you reason it out, it makes sense... with rare items, the demand is usually high, but the supply is low. So if you're checking the listing and a bunch of high priced copies of a rare item are just sitting on the GTN, with 8 hours remaining and such, it's probably at a price that either: 1) no one is willing to pay or 2) some are willing to pay but need weeks or months to get the creds together to afford it.

If the items were listed at a price that sells well, supply is low, and demand is high, they wouldn't be listed for long. People would buy them up like hotcakes and you would find that there are no competing sellers.

Figuring out what to sell a rare item for is really just trying stuff and working within the lowest and highest you are willing to sell it for. For example, if you want to get an item sold, but you're not ok with only getting 1k for it, then don't list it for 1k. But if you try at the bottom of your limit for a while and get nothing, it might be time to either lower your standards a bit on what you can realistically get for the item, or give up and keep it.

Its been pointed out to me that only two classes can carry this item and its doubtful that anyone would buy this rather expensive looking item just for companions.

I aquired one a few days ago but then decided against using it so I thought selling a platin item would yield a nice sum so I could finally go after the defiant vented lightsaber. Well, that was the plan. But it seems nobody wants these. There are less than five usually in the GTN, including mine. Yet the same sellers try it next to me. Its even more curious because my server appears small with about 120 people on the fleet during the day on both sides.

Or is the pike one of those items that are undesirable regardless of its "quality" ?

Yeah, its not that nobody wants them, its that nobody wants to pay upward of 200 million credits on some servers. But, the people selling them either dont care, or arent smart enough to realize that the price is way over inflated and they are never going to sell.

Sin/Shadow is my favourite class to play (but not story/VAs unfortunately) so I'm always collecting sexy double-bladed sabres but I have a rule of thumb that I never buy anything you have to wear on your back rather than your hip. I like the cathar warstaff and I have it in my collections to give to Torian and Vector but I would never give it to a Jedi.

And basically I agree with what everyone else is saying. It doesn't look like it should be wielded the way a sin/shadow wields it. I seriously can't think of a reason to buy it even if it was just 1 million. I wouldn't use it.

And for what it's worth I don't like her regular lightsaber either with the extendable grips. LIghtsaber hilts are already too big. Not to say I'm not a sucker for fancy new things (still want but can't afford the unstable arbiter single saber).

I believe every platinum item is in demand, just have to wait on it till you find the right person to buy it, if you wanted a fast sale I would probably list it around 50-60m I bet it'll sell like the vented one

I dont like the idea to undercut others by 10-20mil just so I can sell my item. Its quick profit but other sellers must lower their prices too. I dont like it when it happens to me so I dont do it to other sellers.

I dont like the idea to undercut others by 10-20mil just so I can sell my item. Its quick profit but other sellers must lower their prices too. I dont like it when it happens to me so I dont do it to other sellers.

Not to argue against your choice, but it might be worth pointing out that they aren't forced to do anything. If the item is extremely low supply, one guy selling low isn't going to kill the market. All that will happen is one person will snatch it up quick, whether to use it or to resell it high, and most will be sold high as normal.

What you may be thinking of is scenarios where there is enough supply that undercutting can make it a leap frog game to sell, as numerous sellers try to undercut each other, while the buyers are sitting back, hands clasped, watching as the prices go down and leisurely deciding whether to pay yet.