So, the first thing I see when I come to check the forums...too funny!

DarthPrimus

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Corso is a very caring, coddling, somewhat overprotective, old soul romantic who treats his Fem Smuggler like a constant damsel in distress, who can appear somewhat naive in the ways of love and who goes into a huff if the Fem Smuggler so much as looks at another man and becomes quite whiny about it. For some that might be considered super sweet and loving.. I'm personally not much into that, he's almost too sweet at times. Then again my Fem Smuggler totally bumped uglies with Skavak and would have continued if she hadn't been forced to kill the guy sooo..

Corso is a very caring, coddling, somewhat overprotective, old soul romantic who treats his Fem Smuggler like a constant damsel in distress, who can appear somewhat naive in the ways of love and who goes into a huff if the Fem Smuggler so much as looks at another man and becomes quite whiny about it. For some that might be considered super sweet and loving.. I'm personally not much into that, he's almost too sweet at times. Then again my Fem Smuggler totally bumped uglies with Skavak and would have continued if she hadn't been forced to kill the guy sooo..

but for a male smuggler, he's prob the best of a bad lot of companions - not that I think he's bad, mind you, just he doesn't come back in 4.xx

but for a male smuggler, he's prob the best of a bad lot of companions - not that I think he's bad, mind you, just he doesn't come back in 4.xx

It was stated he was written to come off as a good buddy for the male smuggler. For the female smuggler, he was a last minute thought of "Wait, she needs a love interest."

Smuggler was written to be played as a male (likely a mirialan at that). Not something to be upset over, just how it was. While they haven't stated it (like they did with smuggler), I'd bet Inquisitor was written to be female.

It was stated he was written to come off as a good buddy for the male smuggler. For the female smuggler, he was a last minute thought of "Wait, she needs a love interest."

Smuggler was written to be played as a male (likely a mirialan at that). Not something to be upset over, just how it was. While they haven't stated it (like they did with smuggler), I'd bet Inquisitor was written to be female.

why miralian?

I just wanna be able to romance Kira/Vette as a female. It's seriously stupid that as a female player your options are so limited in most storylines and you meet your only romance option so late into the game. I mean you don't even get Doc as a knight until Balmorra. And Sith ladies basically have "Evil sheep who does everything the empire says without question and hates when you have a mind of your own" or "Just play effing evil". There's no chance at all for any sith who isn't a complete homocidal sociopath or empire loving fangirl.

Not to mention that honestly I prefer to romance females as a female in game anyway. With Bioware who has always shown more tolerance and equality than any other company I would have expected all the companions to be romanceable by either gender long ago. They were promising it at launch saying "We just didn't have time to implement it, it'll happen soon!" and it still hasn't happened.

I just wanna be able to romance Kira/Vette as a female. It's seriously stupid that as a female player your options are so limited in most storylines and you meet your only romance option so late into the game. I mean you don't even get Doc as a knight until Balmorra. And Sith ladies basically have "Evil sheep who does everything the empire says without question and hates when you have a mind of your own" or "Just play effing evil". There's no chance at all for any sith who isn't a complete homocidal sociopath or empire loving fangirl.

Not to mention that honestly I prefer to romance females as a female in game anyway. With Bioware who has always shown more tolerance and equality than any other company I would have expected all the companions to be romanceable by either gender long ago. They were promising it at launch saying "We just didn't have time to implement it, it'll happen soon!" and it still hasn't happened.

Date Lana? She's perfect for lesbians and men

and he can't take a Hint . All that chicken raising and field tending turned him into Mr.Sexual-Harassement .

She is perfect because we have nothing else . I love Lana , but I would love some Akaavi , watcher 2 and Mako :D

It might be the way for BW to keep some players playing "Look! Reroll and play again! You can romance anyone now!"

They can then proceed to watch players reroll and regear.

They were promising it at launch saying "We just didn't have time to implement it, it'll happen soon!" and it still hasn't happened.

When did BioWare ever promise to have same-sex relationships at launch? I've been following this game since it was initially confirmed and the website went up October 2008. Nowhere in any of the pre-launch marketing did I ever see BioWare promise same-sex romance. Truth be told, I don't even think BioWare commented on romance that much in general. I remember most of the focus being on "stylized realism," the "epic Star Wars combat," and the "player-driven story."

You have to remember that the SWTOR team began formation in 2006 and they didn't start actual world-building and writing until 2007. At that time, BioWare didn't really have a lot of options for romance besides heterosexual love interests. There were hints at a lesbian relationship with Juhani in KotOR 1. There may have been a same-sex possibility in Jade Empire, although I honestly don't remember.

Mass Effect 1 originally released in late 2007 on the Xbox 360 and I'm fairly certain there weren't any romance options besides heterosexual, at least for Male Shep. Male Shep could have either Liara or Ashley and Fem Shep could have Kaiden? It wasn't until 2009 with Dragon Age: Origins that I remember BioWare making a concerted effort to have more than just heterosexual romances.

Dragon Age, in general, has been far more progressive pushing the boundaries as much as possible, and that was largely because of David Gaider and his team. He made it a priority to have more variety in romances. He has since left BioWare and who knows if that will have an impact on BioWare's development with regard to trying to appeal to a larger audience that isn't just heterosexual males.

Since RotHC, BioWare Austin has made an attempt at appealing to heterosexuals and homosexuals. That has carried through in SOR, KOTFE, and I expect it will continue in KOTET. I doubt class companions will ever be rewritten to be lesbian or homosexual as they were not intended that way. What's more likely to happen is new characters will be introduced, like Lana or Theron, who have a wider variety of sexual orientations.

Snip

Dragon Age, in general, has been far more progressive pushing the boundaries as much as possible, and that was largely because of David Gaider and his team. He made it a priority to have more variety in romances. He has since left BioWare and who knows if that will have an impact on BioWare's development with regard to trying to appeal to a larger audience that isn't just heterosexual males.

snip.

Darth Gaider is gone??????? When? Why? What? How?

When did BioWare ever promise to have same-sex relationships at launch? I've been following this game since it was initially confirmed and the website went up October 2008. Nowhere in any of the pre-launch marketing did I ever see BioWare promise same-sex romance. Truth be told, I don't even think BioWare commented on romance that much in general. I remember most of the focus being on "stylized realism," the "epic Star Wars combat," and the "player-driven story."

You have to remember that the SWTOR team began formation in 2006 and they didn't start actual world-building and writing until 2007. At that time, BioWare didn't really have a lot of options for romance besides heterosexual love interests. There were hints at a lesbian relationship with Juhani in KotOR 1. There may have been a same-sex possibility in Jade Empire, although I honestly don't remember.

Mass Effect 1 originally released in late 2007 on the Xbox 360 and I'm fairly certain there weren't any romance options besides heterosexual, at least for Male Shep. Male Shep could have either Liara or Ashley and Fem Shep could have Kaiden? It wasn't until 2009 with Dragon Age: Origins that I remember BioWare making a concerted effort to have more than just heterosexual romances.

Since RotHC, BioWare Austin has made an attempt at appealing to heterosexuals and homosexuals. That has carried through in SOR, KOTFE, and I expect it will continue in KOTET. I doubt class companions will ever be rewritten to be lesbian or homosexual as they were not intended that way. What's more likely to happen is new characters will be introduced, like Lana or Theron, who have a wider variety of sexual orientations.

Here Genius..

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid

Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.

You can find the rest here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=374385