Getting to Dark V

Grazzt

Hello everyone !

I have a lv.65 character who's Dark IV, and I'd like to get him to Dark V so I can use some of the cool stuff the Dark Side Vendor is selling on the Fleet.

So, this might sound like a strange question, but is there a way to "grind" Dark Side points even though I've finished all of my main stories ?

Thanks !

You can level Diplomacy crew skill or solo-grind Black Talon resp. Esseles flashpoint.

The nice thing about leveling Diplomacy is that while it may be a tad slower, you can do other stuff while your crew grinds the points. :)

Edited by KyaniteD

If you've already finished your class progression (and most side stories / missions), I'd recommend revisiting various Heroics and Flashpoints that potentially offer the chance to acquire more dark side points.

Off the top of my head (as an example), both the 'Botched Interrogation' Heroic on Nar Shadda and 'Black Talon' Flashpoint gives players opportunities between light / dark side choices. Otherwise, taking part in Bounty Contract Week provides another available outlet to help raise your dark side level.

Best of luck to ya.

If you've already finished your class progression (and most side stories / missions), I'd recommend revisiting various Heroics and Flashpoints that potentially offer the chance to acquire more dark side points.

Off the top of my head (as an example), both the 'Botched Interrogation' Heroic on Nar Shadda and 'Black Talon' Flashpoint gives players an opportunity between light / dark side choices. Otherwise, taking part in Bounty Contract Week provides another available outlet to help raise your dark side level.

Anyhow, best of luck to ya.

You can level Diplomacy crew skill or solo-grind Black Talon resp. Esseles flashpoint.

The nice thing about leveling Diplomacy is that while it may be a tad slower, you can do other stuff while your crew grinds the points. :)

What do you mean levelling Diplomacy crew skills ?

I know about crew skills like Crafting, Gathering and so on, but how do you "level" Diplomacy, and how does that make you gain Dark Side points ?

God there's still so much I need to learn about this game :p

Off the top of my head (as an example), both the 'Botched Interrogation' Heroic on Nar Shadda and 'Black Talon' Flashpoint gives players opportunities between light / dark side choices. Otherwise, taking part in Bounty Contract Week provides another available outlet to help raise your dark side level.

Best of luck to ya.

Alright, thanks guys, I was kinda thinking about that, I'll do that right away then, and if anyone has any other idea about some Flashpoints or Heroics that give you the most Dark Side points, please let me know !

Edited by Grazzt

What do you mean levelling Diplomacy crew skills ?

I know about crew skills like Crafting, Gathering and so on, but how do you "level" Diplomacy, and how does that make you gain Dark Side points ?

God there's still so much I need to learn about this game :p

Diplomacy is one of the crew skills - its a mission skill. The mission skills let you send your companions on missions to gain mats for crafting more powerful items - they are Underworld Trading, Treasure Hunting and Diplomacy. Diplomacy has synergies with the Biochem crafting skill.

You can learn it on the Fleet at the same place as the other crew skills.

Some of the missions that return medical supplies also give light or dark side points - just run missions that give dark side points.

Taking the diplomacy crew skill and run missions is the easiest way to level dark or light side points, though it will take a while - the points per mission are quite low until you get to run level 5/6 missions and above.

Edited by Ayakin_Solaris

Some of the missions that return medical supplies also give light or dark side points - just run missions that give dark side points.

Ok, I just got ingame, unlearned Underworld Training (I wasn't using it anyway), learned Diplomacy, and now Khem Val is on his first mission to get some crates and bring me Dark Side points ! Tadam ! :p

Thanks a lot, I still have a lot of points to get but sooner or later I'll be able to use those cool Dark V stuff !

At the starting levels of Diplomacy, you're only going to get like 8 dark points at a time. As you level up the crew skill, the number of Dark Points you get goes up.

With a full set of companions, took me about 3 hours I believe to go from I to V.