This is why BW fails

Dimentox

History: I am a developer, i have done a 0 to alpha mmo rpg in 2k1

BW why the hell did you feature freeze on the basic conception of the game.

Your features and such are from when you started the game.

Please try agile development.. you might enjoy it.

even rift launched with modern mmos features.

yet you tied to the hero engine can produce awesome worlds you cant even get basic mmo mechanics.

Your story lines are great but you seem to lack the mmo skill.

sorry to rant but i do love the game and its story. but common we expect more modern features. which is why i say the game lacks mmo and is more single player.

really its a great game if it was released 4 years ago. Did you really freeze features based upon the mmos when you started?

Edited by Dimentox

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all the people who complain but never offer up and suggestions or solutions. Oh and saying what is actually wrong in details might give you more credibility. What basic mmo features are they missing? What do you consider "modern mmo features"? etc... Edited by Atharyia

I love all the people who complain but never offer up and suggestions or solutions. Oh and saying what is actually wrong in details might give you more credibility. What basic mmo features are they missing? What do you consider "modern mmo features? etc...

Great idea. Ill formulate a help bw post. your 100% right. i am ************ without offering help on the solution.

BW why the hell did you feature freeze on the basic conception of the game.

Your features and such are from when you started the game.

Please try agile development.. you might enjoy it.

even rift launched with modern mmos features.

yet you tied to the hero engine can produce awesome worlds you cant even get basic mmo mechanics.

sorry to rant but i do love the game and its story. but common we expect more modern features. which is why i say the game lacks mmo and is more single player.

really its a great game if it was released 4 years ago. Did you really freeze features based upon the mmos when you started?

I honestly can not make out what you are trying to say.

What Freeze of features are you speaking of? and what feature did they leave out? I am so confused

I honestly can not make out what you are trying to say.

What Freeze of features are you speaking of? and what feature did they leave out? I am so confused

what i am saying is take a game 4 years old in the mmo scope.

add cool voice acting and you have swtor.

Its missing what most mmos have evolved to.

Its quite in stasis from when it was conceived.

I agree with OP. This game is a 2011 MMO with 2004 MMO features. It's sad really. I feel they spent too much time getting the dialogue to work correctly and they neglected the other aspects of the game. I hear a lot of people saying just wait it will be patched, but personally I don't want to wait 2 or 3 years for this game to be at the level it should be now.

*** OP never try to argue with the forums, just a bunch of fan boys that want to shoot down all the naysayers *** :rolleyes:

What features did they leave out? Read the 100s of posts detailing all of them. I feel like I am dealing with an EQ1 UI set up and customization with a WoW skin.

It is the responsibility of the developer to develop a game with current MMO standards out the box, and they couldn't even release this game with a decent UI? Hell, Rift had 1/4 the budget of this game their UI released fully featured along with options I actually haven't seen in some games.

Regardless of AoD being a crappy game, and him being drunk, you don't have to be anything but someone who has played MMOs as a hobby over the years to see the glaring flaws in so many aspects of this game. If you ask me, the only thing they got right was the voice acting and the story telling, which is clearly where the money went. It certainly didnt goto making an MMO.

This is a 40 million dollar MMO that costs 300 million. The only reason you or really any of us are here is it is StarWars and it is Bioware, who IMO have really made some pretty large mistakes over the last few years and have jaded many life long fans like myself. Stop defending them where they do not deserve it. This game should of released with basic MMO standards and quality in the mechanics and layout that we have come to expect from a modern day MMO.

I mean, christ, the abilities dont even function correctly on a cooldown because you have to wait for the animation to visually finish before the next ability can start, that isn't an opinion that is a fact and it is one of the many HUGE oversights that is in this game.

I agree with OP. This game is a 2011 MMO with 2004 MMO features. It's sad really. I feel they spent too much time getting the dialogue to work correctly and they neglected the other aspects of the game. I hear a lot of people saying just wait it will be patched, but personally I don't want to wait 2 or 3 years for this game to be at the level it should be now.

*** OP never try to argue with the forums, just a bunch of fan boys that want to shoot down all the naysayers *** :rolleyes:

nail on the head man.

I was talking with a buddy and he was like give it time.. But he does not understand that just cause you start a game in x time you have to evolve and keep up with the current feature set.

he says classes are balanced in pvp easily done with really only 4 of em.

sorry its just i am sad that the game had great potential but yet fails to deliver due to bad design choices. too much time on voice actin and such. not enough mmo.

What features did they leave out? Read the 100s of posts detailing all of them. I feel like I am dealing with an EQ1 UI set up and customization with a WoW skin.

It is the responsibility of the developer to develop a game with current MMO standards out the box, and they couldn't even release this game with a decent UI? Hell, Rift had 1/4 the budget of this game their UI released fully featured along with options I actually haven't seen in some games.

Regardless of AoD being a crappy game, and him being drunk, you don't have to be anything but someone who has played MMOs as a hobby over the years to see the glaring flaws in so many aspects of this game. If you ask me, the only thing they got right was the voice acting and the story telling, which is clearly where the money went. It certainly didnt goto making an MMO.

This is a 40 million dollar MMO that costs 300 million. The only reason you or really any of us are here is it is StarWars and it is Bioware, who IMO have really made some pretty large mistakes over the last few years and have jaded many life long fans like myself. Stop defending them where they do not deserve it. This game should of released with basic MMO standards and quality in the mechanics and layout that we have come to expect from a modern day MMO.

I mean, christ, the abilities dont even function correctly on a cooldown because you have to wait for the animation to visually finish before the next ability can start, that isn't an opinion that is a fact and it is one of the many HUGE oversights that is in this game.

Exactly. Thank you for helping explain whats wrong. I really want to love the game. But man.. i am like *** did that money go... this is a vintage game... nothing modern about it.

Just so you know Bioware has made single player games and so that is were thier experience lies

Any animation that last longer than the gcd should be reported. All animations are to be finished by the end of the gcd, unless it is a channeled ability of course.

Just want to say that i dont really agree 100% with the OP but....

Correct Spelling, punctuation and GRAMMAR are some of the essential skills required to develop a game Actually.. Along with COMMUNICATION.

A thick idiot wont be developing games.... unless you are Bill Roper... oops did i just say that name

I write code. i leave up the quest dialog to writers. i just make it work.

"It is the responsibility of the developer to develop a game with current MMO standards out the box,"

WoW did nothing of the sort and it seems to have flourished, no?

When WoW released it was missing loads of features that all of its rivals already had...

Your logic fails.

Driz

Exactly. Thank you for helping explain whats wrong. I really want to love the game. But man.. i am like *** did that money go... this is a vintage game... nothing modern about it.

It is so true, and so depressing. Every business in the world has to compete with the current standards of the market they are in. If they don't achieve this, they pay for it. You have to evolve with the current trends and make something that is competitive on every level. This game is a VW engine with a Ferari shell. It looks great but the insides are awful.

Also I have to give them credit for the sound design which is excellent, and some of the best ive ever heard in an MMO, when they are cutting out. All of the "bioware" stuff is excellent, as good as they have ever done, (atmosphere, voice, story...etc) All of the MMO content what makes an MMO a great MMO is middle of the road at best and needs drastic improvements in some of the most basic functions or they will suffer.