Double XP for Three Months???

AlCiao

Do they have the opt out item thingy in game too? I don't want to have to stop playing all of my lower level alts for 3 months :(

I'm in the same boat if this Double XP thingamajgger is actually in effect. While I enjoy leveling-up at a fairly rapid pace as much as anyone else, it basically reaches a point where it strips the satisfaction from the experience.

Anyhow, didn't they used to provide a red "White Acute Module" for opting-out? In fact, I most likely have one lying around in my Legacy Bay somewhere - although, it's doubtful they'd even work nowadays.

My reason for wanting to opt-out is the limited chance to get a full heroic set/appearance per range (as little as 2-level opportunity for Quesh = 37-38 and 1-level = 50 for Ilum)...can anyone post here if there is any way to avoid the bonus?

My reason for wanting to opt-out is the limited chance to get a full heroic set/appearance per range (as little as 2-level opportunity for Quesh = 37-38 and 1-level = 50 for Ilum)...can anyone post here if there is any way to avoid the bonus?

Hmm...I haven't gotten as far as Quesh, so I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. But it sounds like something I might not want to miss out on if I can help it. Is there anywhere you could point me to that this is explained? Does it apply to any other planets?

where are you seeing this ? I dont see any notification that im getting double xp and gains seem to be the same.

If you hover over the XP bar in game it says Experience is increased 200% server wide for 1982 hours (as of time of posting).

Hmm...I haven't gotten as far as Quesh, so I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. But it sounds like something I might not want to miss out on if I can help it. Is there anywhere you could point me to that this is explained? Does it apply to any other planets?

Heroic missions give random armor boxes. Each planetary range has a unique set. So with luck, you can get entire sets of armor with a specific look by doing Heroic missions within those specific ranges.

That said, Hanhou, the same appearances can be obtained via Armormech/Synthweaving crafting. They may have slight changes to color schemes, but you can get anything you might miss that way.

So what I'm referring to is heroic quests, which give items with (sometimes) unique appearance based on your level:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=862694

The boxes you get from completed heroic rewards give substantial exp and only 2 pieces of armor, giving a fair chance of getting the whole set of appearance (bracers/waist/gloves/chest/legs/helmet/boots) if you do mostly or only heroics. Once you're out of the level range the pieces will drop from the next set (and a different appearance), so opportunity is somewhat limited. With the 2 x exp, it's must easier to get outside of that range.

I was just thinking, "Y'know what I need? MORE XP. Guild bonuses, 3-hour boosts, and the DvL armor aren't enough. I want ALL the XP."

Okay, not really, I in fact thought I was done leveling new alts for a while.

But they gotta try and pull me back!

The double xp always wins...alts always end up happening...

The boxes you get from completed heroic rewards give substantial exp and only 2 pieces of armor, giving a fair chance of getting the whole set of appearance (bracers/waist/gloves/chest/legs/helmet/boots) if you do mostly or only heroics. Once you're out of the level range the pieces will drop from the next set (and a different appearance), so opportunity is somewhat limited. With the 2 x exp, it's must easier to get outside of that range.

Ah, good to know. I haven't done many heroics since they were re-vamped. Mostly I just know they no longer give the orange armor pieces (and weapons?) they used to.

Well...that kinda sucks the rewards are based on your level. I guess it's because they want the stats to be relevant, but that is (or used to be) the beauty of orange armor. But not being able to go back and get them at your leisure, and having to worry about being over-leveled, is bad.

And, in that case I've already missed out on them on quite a few planets without knowing it. If there are similar crafted versions I guess there's that.

To skip the story that's still worth doing faster..duh...

But... Why would you skip the story? If you want to play non story content, you already have many alts you have completed story with! Just use them to play MP or what ever you want.

Edited by TheRomanRuler

Before 4.0 I would've been angry about another double XP without a way to opt-out, but now with level sync? What's the point? So you hit level 65 on Alderaan instead of Hoth? Big deal.

Final spurt for the DvL event? As if leveling those 6 chars to 50 was the time-consuming part.

Looks like they didn't get the numbers from the DvL event that they wanted to present in their reports. More new chars needed I suppose.

I guess it's a good way to quickly level some new chars on new servers to level 25 and grab some reward boxes.