Do I need to cancel my subscription to get 1 free month?

ViciousFett

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy sweet jesus. That right there says it all. EA has pretty much turned this game into a money generating zombie. Not caring enough to even pay attention to their own promotional content is just plain stupid and displays a sense of apathy towards their customers and fans. Bioware is seriously losing my respect at this point. Talk about a joke.

One I don't get. If I may be blunt, I don't see how implementing an automated system for random giveaways is anything close to you what you just called it, just because customer service isn't omniscient about everything going on in the game - especially considering that this is about someone who was given FREE game time and and thought it best to whine on the forums and at CS, because he/she doesn't know HOW he/she is going to receive his/her gift. Sheesh...

I don't get how you can provide them with proof and they still can't help you. This automated service needs to go if no one can monitor it and help you fix your problem.

So we've paid for something that was advertised but we didn't get it. Really awesome.

One I don't get. If I may be blunt, I don't see how implementing an automated system for random giveaways is anything close to you what you just called it, just because customer service isn't omniscient about everything going on in the game - especially considering that this is about someone who was given FREE game time and and thought it best to whine on the forums and at CS, because he/she doesn't know HOW he/she is going to receive his/her gift. Sheesh...

Clearly you don't understand marketing. This really is a poor way to go about that. Not remotely monitoring their own promotional content is short sighted and not exactly a good business model to retain paying customers. It's basically like putting the village idiot in charge of the village under the belief they won't screw anything up.

It's not like it was an unconditional, random gift. There were conditions tied to receiving this gift and there's nothing to Sheesh! about if people who made sure they meet the requirements ask for Bioware to hold up their end of the deal.

The fact that they can track whether players meet the conditions/requirements but not if and how their own systems processes that information is really a sad testimony for how their customer service is set up.

Edited by KyaniteD

It's not like it was an unconditional, random gift. There were conditions tied to receiving this gift and there's nothing to Sheesh! about if people who made sure they meet the requirements ask for Bioware to hold up their end of the deal.

That's the problem. Previously Bioware didn't honor their promotions. In this specific case, folks were complaining to account support and they were being told that account support could do nothing about the problem.

In this one case, account support actually honored the promotion.

I've been burned twice before and requests for them to honor their promotions were ignored.

Yeah tried calling and they said to either bump my post on forums and wait for a moderator or send an online support ticket, I sent one in game under other got auto cancelled, trying to send another hopefully someone will answer it

Dear ---

This is ---- again from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service and I am making a follow up on the conversation that we had over the phone about your concern and I do hope that it will get resolved as soon as possible.

As we have discussed, promotions are moderated by an automated system. We have no means of confirming if a player is eligible for any promotions like this. If a player received a promotional email and completed all the requirements, the reward should be added to the account automatically. Regarding your concern, we do suggest that you post it on the forums for it to be checked thoroughly. You may post a new thread and have it posted on this link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

I really do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced but I do hope that we were able to provide you the best resolution to your concern.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This is what it sent me too, how can they not know if you get an email while the automative promotions don't even know who to give them to?

Edited by Theeko

does that mean all the loyal subs need to cancel their subs to take advantage of this deal?

Just saying, with 5.0, you will get pretty awesome offers if you are unsubbed soon. I can smell the desperation from general direction of Austin. The smell is tronk! :D

Edited by Ruskaeth

Just saying, with 5.0, you will get pretty awesome offers if you are unsubbed soon. I can smell the desperation from general direction of Austin. The smell is tronk! :D

I just had a promotion back on September 28th sent to my email, I subbed a day later before oct 5th, and never got the free month

Not sure why the moderators aren't updating this situation its like they acted like it didn't even exist, yet I have proof in my email?

Just a FYI, forum moderators usually would have no access to anything outside of the forums themselves. I believe you're thinking staff members. Moderators just move threads around, delete spam, close duplicate threads, remind folks that this isn't Twitter, etc.

Sorry but it's a pet peeve. I had the forum moderators position for a Alexa top 25 site dumped on me once without even a "Can you do this?" or any thanks and got those dozens of times every day.

But to answer your question:

And staff is rarely here.

You can try posting on the EA forums but they'll probably just tell you to call phone support.

You may want to consider Section 15 of the ToS but I've yet to hear that it didn't anyone any good

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section15

I've been told I'm not allowed to discuss my previous experiences with that method.

Good luck

Yesterday I received the following reply to my inquiry about where my 30 days are:

Thank you for contacting us in relation to the 30 day promotional offer. This offer was a targeted promotion for players on a Game time card and required a recurring subscription. However in my reply to you I did state, in error, that you would be entitled to the 30 free days if you redeemed another game time card on the account. As such I have granted you the 30 free days, however please note this is an extreme exception due to an error on my part which I do apologise for.

As I mentioned I have granted you the 30 days but please note that the promotion is only applicable to players who purchased a recurring subscription before October 5th, who were on a Game time card previously and received the email from us about it. I do apologise for any confusion this may have caused but you should see the 30 days on your account when you log in next bringing your next subscription date from 21st of January to the 20th of February.

I just wonder, why was the promotion not worded like that? Why was CS not briefed on how it actually was supposed to work?