Do I need to cancel my subscription to get 1 free month?

ViciousFett

Well, I let my sub lapse on the 3rd, resubbed on the 4th, still only shows 27 days of play time remaining, and I got the target promo e-mail, so seems they were full of crap on this one and it was just a bid to get as many people to sub as possible.

I had a late bill show up and I would have had to take it out of food money. Have 2 weeks left anyway.

And since we never got an answer.....

I do hope someone will bring up their communication problems at the meet and greet in New York City.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I let my sub lapse on the 3rd, resubbed on the 4th, still only shows 27 days of play time remaining, and I got the target promo e-mail, so seems they were full of crap on this one and it was just a bid to get as many people to sub as possible.

It could also be that "added after the first period" indeed means the bonus time will be added after the first period of game time bought during the promo... :rolleyes:

Nothing new really. Have been using game time cards to keep my subscription going that one rolled right over into another before the 4th. Didn't get an email about getting another 30 days added on to the 60 and my account does not reflect it either. So basically, they're still screwing over people that do support them prior to any of these promotional announcements and that only contributes to them losing subbers cause they feel their loyalty to support the product isn't being rewarded. From a marketing standpoint, that's not very smart.

Edited by Darth-Addonexus

Nothing new really. Have been using game time cards to keep my subscription going that one rolled right over into another before the 4th. Didn't get an email about getting another 30 days added on to the 60 and my account does not reflect it either.

The promotion states that the extra time will be added after the first sub period or something (I don't remember the exact phrasing). I therefore don't think you are supposed to see it right away. Could anyone confirm or deny that?

The promotion states that the extra time will be added after the first sub period or something (I don't remember the exact phrasing). I therefore don't think you are supposed to see it right away. Could anyone confirm or deny that?

Yeah but people keep saying how they received an email prior to the 4th about if they subbed before that date of this month that they'd get a free month at the end of their sub. never got an email so I guess i'm just not that privileged. If it is what you say, I suppose I'll find out december cause I definitely won't resub after mine runs up just so I can see if that's true or false. Whichever it is, will end up being what determines if I resub again after the fact or not. I'm positive many people feel the same in that regard after paying either through their website or a retailer for a game card prior to the 4th ever arriving only to find out at the end of their subs they aren't getting the free month while others do for whatever reason they use as far as "wording" in the promotion.

Edited by Darth-Addonexus

never got an email so I guess i'm just not that privileged.

Just a fyi, probably not. They've admitted that the promotions are targeted and only for those that they're targeting. For whatever reason they're being targeted.

Maybe they'll have another one for you when your time is running out?

Its funny I posted about this in a new post but just gave the date of the e-mail was sent out on the 28th Of September and asked what date this was going out. Cause Just needed to have sub time running by the date a time and have not checked to day to see if any Dev post on it. Cause my 60 day time card started this morning and waiting to see when My CC come in :eek:

I still gave in, though, and got the Amazon KOTFE promotion pack ($40 for 90 days + 2400cc (including Rancor pet). Good deal, might get even better if I get the 30 extra days. (and no, no confirmation so far, only the standard "Subscription Changed" mail)

Update:

I'm now at 148 days, that's 90+58, so the "first paid game time card period" has ended and no extra 30 days.

Update:

I'm now at 148 days, that's 90+58, so the "first paid game time card period" has ended and no extra 30 days.

You mean the one ended that existed/was in effect during the promotion. Not the first one you bought during the promotion. That would end at the earliest on Oct 28.

Well my conversation with Customer Support sure was interesting.

First i received a reply on my support question by e-mail, stating that i should contact them by phone. So i did.

There i heard that the system that sends these promotions is an automatic system. Apparently that system is not monitored by people (how the hell?). Which means they cannot solve the problem. Whatever triggers the extra month will be applied automatically. If it doesn't, well i guess we are just "automatically" **** out of luck.

During the phonecall the employee asked me if i could send the promotion e-mail to him (unaware of it's existence?). He even spoke with a "supervisor" about it and still there were just a lot of questions. I found the promotion e-mail, i sent it to him. Current response is this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Thijs,

This is Daren again from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service and I am making a follow up on the conversation that we had over the phone about the free 30-day subscription and I do hope that it will get resolved as soon as possible.

As we have discussed, I am afraid that we do not have the details of the players who are eligible to get the free 30-day subscription as it is system-generated. The best suggestion that we can provide is to always check your account from time to time and to also check the forums for more updates from our developers.

I really do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced but I do hope that we were able to provide you the best resolution to your concern.

If you have other questions, you may send an email to support@swtor.com or if you need assistance about your account, feel free to call our Customer Service Team. You can contact our team for the price of a local call by calling the numbers listed below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great. Thanks Daren for all the effort. I know you can't help it, so i will blame moneygrabbing EA Games for being ********s (it's in the game!).

• 3 weeks later...
So did anybody receive some extra 30 days?

I didn't, they told me to give them a call, I cba to do it. Next time I won't trust targeted advertising anymore. If im qualified for something while subbed that's great, but I'm not going to sub for it, if I'm not already.

I think there have been bugs with almost all of them.

No, by my understanding of the whole thing I'm eligible end of November at the earliest and end of January at the latest, depending on when exactly that purchased time is added.

I figured it was pay sub between 1-4 or 5 October, then the month your normal sub ends you'd get free 30 days. But maybe you're subbed for multiple months? It would make sense that way.

:rak_02:

I bought sub as soon as I saw the add on my launcher, but have paid for 2 months now, so I guess I won't get it.

Hopefully you do.:)

Edited by Eshvara

I figured it was pay sub between 1-4 or 5 October, then the month your normal sub ends you'd get free 30 days. But maybe you're subbed for multiple months? It would make sense that way.

:rak_02:

I bought sub as soon as I saw the add on my launcher, but have paid for 2 months now, so I guess I won't get it.

Hopefully you do.:)

I bought a 2-months card shortly before the promotion, and after a short exchange with CS another during the promotion. So if I get the extra days after the time bought during promo runs out, and that time got added at the end of the existing subs, I will have to wait until January. If the new time got squeezed in between the existing sub, it may be sooner.

• 2 weeks later...
Well my conversation with Customer Support sure was interesting.

First i received a reply on my support question by e-mail, stating that i should contact them by phone. So i did.

There i heard that the system that sends these promotions is an automatic system. Apparently that system is not monitored by people (how the hell?). Which means they cannot solve the problem. Whatever triggers the extra month will be applied automatically. If it doesn't, well i guess we are just "automatically" **** out of luck.

During the phonecall the employee asked me if i could send the promotion e-mail to him (unaware of it's existence?). He even spoke with a "supervisor" about it and still there were just a lot of questions. I found the promotion e-mail, i sent it to him. Current response is this:

Dear Thijs,

This is Daren again from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service and I am making a follow up on the conversation that we had over the phone about the free 30-day subscription and I do hope that it will get resolved as soon as possible.

As we have discussed, I am afraid that we do not have the details of the players who are eligible to get the free 30-day subscription as it is system-generated. The best suggestion that we can provide is to always check your account from time to time and to also check the forums for more updates from our developers.

I really do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced but I do hope that we were able to provide you the best resolution to your concern.

If you have other questions, you may send an email to support@swtor.com or if you need assistance about your account, feel free to call our Customer Service Team. You can contact our team for the price of a local call by calling the numbers listed below:

Great. Thanks Daren for all the effort. I know you can't help it, so i will blame moneygrabbing EA Games for being ********s (it's in the game!).

Holy sweet jesus. That right there says it all. EA has pretty much turned this game into a money generating zombie. Not caring enough to even pay attention to their own promotional content is just plain stupid and displays a sense of apathy towards their customers and fans. Bioware is seriously losing my respect at this point. Talk about a joke.